to my friends with guns in CT...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• to my friends with guns in CT...

What's your take? Are they coming for your weapons/magazines? Or just another conspiracy theory?
    -00 XJ. 3.5", 33s. Stuff
    https://www.facebook.com/M3TALurgist
    I Love Scott Decker and Erik Miller
    -Ian

"Blood makes you related, Loyalty makes you family"

We'll find out.
    sigpic
    Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

Aye.
      2005 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
      1945 Willys-Overland CJ2A

Comment

sure hope they dont...i see a storm brewing if they do :/
        -00 XJ. 3.5", 33s. Stuff
        -Ian

Comment

There was a thing on news 8 I think the other day, some high up was urging people who "forgot", or "dont know if theyre required to do so" to register their firearms/high cap mags.
          Has anyone been asked for the ammunition eligibility thing yet?
          Last time I got some 5.45 I wasn't asked even though I knew it was in effect (don't have it).

On a side note, has anyone ever actually gotten heat for 922r(I think that's it) violation?
          Where imported guns have to have x number of us parts to be modified/etc.

Comment

so if you register them...you can keep them? orrrrr
            -00 XJ. 3.5", 33s. Stuff
            -Ian

Comment

i have friends who are local cops in some surrounding towns that say their departments have notified the state that their officers will not participate in confiscation.

So as far as I can see, it'd have to be the state police and I'm pretty sure if does start occurring it won't be long before blood gets spilled over a stupid piece of legislation.
              No worries, I'm not actually back, I'm just reminiscing about the old days.

ForSure Motorsports
              Win or Lose, We Booze.

Vice President of Internal Affairs at Dirty Donny's House of Hookers

Comment

it's just tinfoil hat speak. the idea is 100% what many politicians would like or jackass anti gun people who really have no idea what they are talking about but it's many many years before they try that. confiscation is their end goal, is it going to happen this year, no, decade, no.... after that? can't say.

War, technically yes 922(r) is a law so if you break it you can go to jail, has anyone been convicted of it? i can't say but it is one of those add on type of charges, you would need to be arrested for something else with the AK then maybe if the cop really new guns and noticed your pistol grip isn't US made or something. most times its not that much harder to use the compliance parts.

Comment

From what I've gathered from my friends/coworkers who are police officers is that they're just as much in the dark as we are. Very few (if any) officers will want to stick their neck out and risk getting caught up in some big 2nd amendment violation case. Now if you happen to be selling crack out of a b-port apartment and open carrying an unregistered AK on the way to King's fried chicken they'd probably throw the book at ya.
                  1993 XJ sport 3.5" rustys 33" MTZ's armored.
                  1999 sierra
                  1967 M725 Big and Slow
                  -Dan

Comment

Originally posted by wannabejeep View Post
                    Now if you happen to be selling crack out of a b-port apartment and open carrying an unregistered AK on the way to King's fried chicken they'd probably throw the book at ya.
                    Yo dawg keep that shit under wraps.
                    P8R

2012 Honda Accord - For DD/MPG Porpoises - Cooper Tire: Count on Cooper
                    2014 Granite Crystal WK2 Limited - Nitto Tire: Fueled by Enthusiasts

Poontang Pro 300EX 42" - For lawn porpoises
                    OG KOT #4736 Semper Sky Rock Racing/Standardbred Racing Designs 15.5 HP Turbo-Cool Craftsman, 6 Spd w/ crawl box, fat turf treads, Custom paint, and a red onzie

Comment

Originally posted by sardo_67 View Post

War, technically yes 922(r) is a law so if you break it you can go to jail, has anyone been convicted of it? i can't say but it is one of those add on type of charges, you would need to be arrested for something else with the AK then maybe if the cop really new guns and noticed your pistol grip isn't US made or something. most times its not that much harder to use the compliance parts.
                      Oh I know it a law and have absolutely no intention of breaking it , I actually want to try my hand at making my own furniture (US made therefore compliant). Unfortunately that would mean no markings, meaning I wouldn't actually be able to prove its origin if asked by the autaritahs. Hence the question.
                      So they wouldn't bother checking it unless you've committed a crime, so I should be fine.
                      Thankfully I was smart ish and got junk I don't need to register even though it's technically a military firearm.

Comment

a "military firearm" has nothing to do with needing to be registered now, well have been registered. Ruger match 22lr pistols are considered "assault weapons" in CT now along with many other guns or now gun parts.

or were you referring to a pre-ban?

if you are worried about the furniture you made then stamp USA into it or engrave... uhhh "WarGin Mfg USA" and there you go. just don't worry too much about it but at the same time don't freak out and over think it, make sense?

Comment

Wait you have freinds in ct?
                          Dizz dizz go sleep sleep

Driver 4677 FSM vehicle

Comment

Originally posted by DizzDizz View Post
                            Wait you have freinds in ct?
                            Ouch
                            -00 XJ. 3.5", 33s. Stuff
                            -Ian