Guy drops moose with a handgun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guy drops moose with a handgun

Gotta say, I probably would have done the same. No fucking with a moose thats coming after you. Maybe at the very least I would leave if possible...looks like hes on a pretty thin trail though. Of course every comment on the video is how the guy is a bitch It isnt like he showed up, blasted it, and continued on...seems to me he gave it some time

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.liveleak.com/ll_embed?f=ef13caf59e62" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
    or am asians pants not a read end lol.
    Originally posted by DizzDizz
    aliens probed my husband

BORKED
    "Watching you work on your Jeep is like watching a doctor operate on a cadaver...
    It may be good practice, but in the end it won't do much good." -My Mother.

Comment

it didnt even seem like he had it out untill after it attacked him either..
      00 xj hp44 aussie lsd 5.38s, d60 welded 5.38s, 37" MTR Kevlars on 17" H2 wheels, chevy one ton steering, comanche rear leafs, 11" inch travel bilsteins in the front 14" in the rear

98 xj hp30 open 4.10s, 8.8 lsd 4.10s, 33" duratracs on 16" moabs, ruffstuff frame stiffeners, custom 3 link 3/4 heims for the upper and 1.25 for the lowers, f150 10" travel shocks in the front with 3" coils and yj brake hoses, an extra main leaf in the rear and 1.5" lift shackles in the rear

Comment

From what i know about sleds most older ones don't have reverse. I could armchair quarterback this video until the cows come home, but i think other actions could have been taken before they approached that moose rather than taking its life. But i sure as shit woulda been freaked out having a moose of any size charge me.

Comment

sigpic
          Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

Originally posted by crosbike View Post
            From what i know about sleds most older ones don't have reverse. I could armchair quarterback this video until the cows come home, but i think other actions could have been taken before they approached that moose rather than taking its life. But i sure as shit woulda been freaked out having a moose of any size charge me.
            Exactly what I was thinking. In the heat of the moment I would of shot it. Could it have been handled better? Maybe. As you said a lot of sleds don't have reverse. And if a moose just bitched slapped me I'd be extremely freaked out. Moose are extremely territorial and kill a bunch of people every year. He tried to scare it away, failed, and the moose came at him. It would have charged again.

I like the guy that it was killing a moose out of season and it's wrong. I'm not going to let a moose kill me because it's out of season. I'm sorry, but go be a hippy somewhere else.

And damn it Gill I was just going to post this.
            P8R

2012 Honda Accord - For DD/MPG Porpoises - Cooper Tire: Count on Cooper
            2014 Granite Crystal WK2 Limited - Nitto Tire: Fueled by Enthusiasts

Poontang Pro 300EX 42" - For lawn porpoises
            OG KOT #4736 Semper Sky Rock Racing/Standardbred Racing Designs 15.5 HP Turbo-Cool Craftsman, 6 Spd w/ crawl box, fat turf treads, Custom paint, and a red onzie

Comment

If he didn't go back and get it and cut it up and put it in his freezer, I'm going to be pissed. That's a lot of tasty meat pissed away.
              sigpic

Comment

If I was in the situation and there was no possibility to turn around then I would have done the same thing. Especially after it charged the first time. Sorry but your times up Mr. Moose
                Hench

ATM anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by Pedro View Post
                  Exactly what I was thinking. In the heat of the moment I would of shot it. Could it have been handled better? Maybe. As you said a lot of sleds don't have reverse. And if a moose just bitched slapped me I'd be extremely freaked out. Moose are extremely territorial and kill a bunch of people every year. He tried to scare it away, failed, and the moose came at him. It would have charged again.

I like the guy that it was killing a moose out of season and it's wrong. I'm not going to let a moose kill me because it's out of season. I'm sorry, but go be a hippy somewhere else.

And damn it Gill I was just going to post this.
                  Theres a reason I just got a handgun for hiking around these parts. Moose are the least of my worries here too haha.

Originally posted by Buffalo Phil View Post
                  If he didn't go back and get it and cut it up and put it in his freezer, I'm going to be pissed. That's a lot of tasty meat pissed away.
                  Definitely get some good back strap and roasts from the hind legs. Probably cant eat the heart and some of the burger is worthless with multiple bullet entries.

Originally posted by Henchman View Post
                  If I was in the situation and there was no possibility to turn around then I would have done the same thing. Especially after it charged the first time. Sorry but your times up Mr. Moose
                  Ms. Moose. Plus in the scale of moose (meese?) that thing is small.

Comment

its every man for himself out there

the moose would kill me with no remorse

thumbs for the win
                    - Will

aliens probed my husband

Comment

hes a bitch i carry a pocket knife
                      -98 XJ 4.5" lift , 35's, trimmed, locked, geared, flexy
                      -14 Subaru STI hatch Stage 2ish
                      -54 Dodge Power wagon M-37
                      -57 GMC Pickup
                      -Tim (OIIIIIO)

Comment

But to leave it there and not eat it? A sin beyond words.
                        sigpic

Comment

Hmm, moose

Paging Dizzy
                          HOONIGAN FOR LIFE
                          OLD 4X4'S NEVER DIE!!!!!

Comment

I would think a "warning shot" would send most animals off running. I think the guys a dick for shooting it. I don't think I would have shot it, then again in the heat of the moment who knows.
                            HOONIGAN FOR LIFE
                            OLD 4X4'S NEVER DIE!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by #DEZERTDAD View Post
                              I would think a "warning shot" would send most animals off running.
                              His first shot either goes over the moose or hits it, he waits a second and it starts quickening its pace towards him...mag dump, cant blame him
                              - Will

aliens probed my husband

Comment

Working...
                              X