Rebellion in the Ukraine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rebellion in the Ukraine

History repeats itself all too often, but the people in the Ukraine are taking action that their history doesn't get repeated. The Ukrainian government has turned their backs to trades with the European Union and are now focused with dealing exclusively through Russia. Many may not think much, but the Pro-Russian administration of Ukraine seem to forget that Ukraine was once the target of mass starvation by Stalin and his communist regime in the mid 1930s. The Pro-Russian government's decision has sparked a massive battle between citizens and the police forces in Kiev. The Government also just passed anti-protest regulation (communism anyone?) and the riots are quite literally getting out of hand.

Anti-government protesters versus the Pro-Russian government. Eastern European countries don't like their Communism.

Home Brew Trebuchet.

Riot Officers

Pastafarian?

Pro-European protesters.

Protesters burn tires while clashing with police.

Last edited by Buffalo Phil; 01-22-2014, 11:55 PM.
    sigpic
    Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

some incredible photography if nothing else.
    - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
    or am asians pants not a read end lol.
    Originally posted by DizzDizz
    aliens probed my husband

Comment

Wow. Its always inspiring to see people stand up for their belief.

Go Ukraine.
      dirty30

Comment

It's only gonna get much much worse if today the government doesn't respond they're arming themselves and vitali klitschko said they're going "on the offensive ".
        I also love how the protesters are arming themselves the the polices shit haha.

Comment

I dont see this ending well at all sadly.

But uh, at least the protesters are being safe, what with such a wide variety of protective headwear. Dunno about that pastafarian guy though, I cant help but laugh when I look at it.
          Amherst or Bust!
          19 JL

Comment

If that's all I had I'd wear it too.
            Riots (a real riot) is a scary scary thing and if you're out there you wear what you got lol.

Go the people for standing up for themselves. Unfortunately I think the Ukrainian govt is gonna try and go Putin on their asses and stomp them with the army. And then it'll really go to shit.

Comment

Originally posted by WarGin View Post
              If that's all I had I'd wear it too.
              Riots (a real riot) is a scary scary thing and if you're out there you wear what you got lol.

Go the people for standing up for themselves. Unfortunately I think the Ukrainian govt is gonna try and go Putin on their asses and stomp them with the army. And then it'll really go to shit.
              Russia won't mobilize their Army for a pesky riot, it would bring too much attention on the world stage, especially other Eastern Block countries and the rest of the EU...but I have been wrong before.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo Phil View Post
                Russia won't mobilize their Army for a pesky riot, it would bring too much attention on the world stage, especially other Eastern Block countries and the rest of the EU...but I have been wrong before.
                I think he was saying Ukraine is gonna use their army just LIKE how Russia uses theirs to squash riots and such. God help Eastern Europe if Putin tries to get involved.
                Amherst or Bust!
                19 JL

Comment

You're right, I misread.
                  sigpic

Comment

I almost did a post consisting just of

But then I realized that you all have far more ammunition to use against me, so Im just gonna NOT do that.
                    Amherst or Bust!
                    19 JL

Comment

I love the fact that the people are standing up for themselves. And awesome photography.
                      Dizz dizz go sleep sleep

Driver 4677 FSM vehicle

Comment

Most recent word is that protesters have occupied government buildings

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          FTW
                          sigpic

Comment

Thats how you make money, right?
                            "Watching you work on your Jeep is like watching a doctor operate on a cadaver...
                            It may be good practice, but in the end it won't do much good." -My Mother.

Comment

Apparently the place is straight up a post-apocalyptic war zone.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X