If I Gave You $1,500.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If I Gave You $1,500.

To buy snapon tools; What would you buy?

No tricky business or funny games.

This is not a debate between tool brands or what have. I'm sure you all fancy at least one Snap on product.

Personally

- Snap On MG-725 1/2" Impact - $473
    - Super Duty Air Hammer Set - $550

My last $500 would go to either a 1/2" Torque wrench or some nice socket sets.
    Hudson

Build Thread - http://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/...d.php?t=121903

No Amount Of Money Is Worth Your Sanity.

1 half inch 3/8s drive socket. That's about $1500 right?
    I drive a Datsun

Comment

Im loving my 1/2 18v impact

I would enjoy getting a 3/8s one
      And i realy love the eletric bit driver my father purchased.

Also should throw in and awesome screw driver set, as long as you dont lose them u have free tips for life

Comment

Nothing that doesn't say SNAPON no blue point, blue point you can buy the same thing from a different supply.
        I would buy all the lifetime stuff first, impact gun I would get IR or Chicago
        No scanners or electronic stuff you can get that on E-bay cheap.

First thing buy all your bits.
        All the stuff that breaks.
        Allen keys, extra short and ball.
        torxs bits
        triple squares
        screwdriver bits comes in impact driver set (the hammer screw driver)

All your 1/4" drive especially the swivel sockets. And their ratchet.

At least 1 long handle swivel head 3/8 ratchet.
        Extensions I have the 1/2 wobble end, push it all the way on straight.
        Impact swivel sockets.
        Adapters 1/2 to 3/8 etc.
        Ball joint press, I like it way better than the OTC version.
        Crank Puller.
        Power steering puller.
        Breaker bar.
        O2 sensor sockets.
        Screw drivers
        Hose picks.
        Snap ring pliers.
        If you still have money then snapon regular sockets. deep, shallow etc.

A nice bolt extractor set.
        Twist sockets to get rusted bolts off but I think these are both bluepoint.

What I wouldn't buy.
        Things they don't make themselves.
        Any air or power tools, welders etc.
        IR and Chicago Pneumatics, that is all they do. Snapon doesn't warranty them anyways.
        Large sockets, over like 1" you have a really hard time breaking a cheapo 1" socket.
        I would get the hydraulic brake line etc. flaring kit but buy it on-line, not bluepoint.

I would compare other brands before spending that much money on a torque wrench.

Just off the top of my head.
        I'm sure I can come up with better list.
        Last edited by customcreationsllc; 01-13-2014, 06:24 AM.
        RCrocs #123 Brown CJ-5
        www.offroadcustomcreations.com

Sponsors:
        Corbeau, Tom Wood, PSC, Polyperformance, Inner Air Lock, Miller Welds, Heavymetal Concepts

Comment

A craftsman toolbox.
          sigpic
          Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo Phil View Post
            A craftsman toolbox.
            X2.

But probably an electric impact and some other electric power tools. No clue what they cost. Stuff I can throw in the jeep to make things easier if it breaks.
            P8R

2012 Honda Accord - For DD/MPG Porpoises - Cooper Tire: Count on Cooper
            2014 Granite Crystal WK2 Limited - Nitto Tire: Fueled by Enthusiasts

Poontang Pro 300EX 42" - For lawn porpoises
            OG KOT #4736 Semper Sky Rock Racing/Standardbred Racing Designs 15.5 HP Turbo-Cool Craftsman, 6 Spd w/ crawl box, fat turf treads, Custom paint, and a red onzie

Comment

I would take a breaker bar over an impact gun to a trail or road side repair any day.

Way more torque from a breaker bar no impact gun can compete even if they say 600ft-lbs it's not real my breaker bar taken off way more bolts than an impact gun.

When have you ever ever actually needed an impact gun. It's a nice to have speed things up a decent IR gun is all you need. Battery is nice I've used them before but I prefer air just me, the battery is to bulky and heavy. Unless you change a lot of tires in the parking lot.

Spend the money on the tools with lifetime warranty no so you get your money worth.
              Like I said buy all the bits first, I've snapped 4 craftsman torx went to a snap-on came right out.
              Bits are the worst when the round out. A lot of time you only have one chance.

Snap-on high end tool boxes are nice when you have 1000lbs of tools in each draw, my craftsman box is getting harder and harder to open. High end box is better off bought used. It will by no means help you fix a car.

Number 1 Diagnostic tool to buy is a Snap-on Vantage but I would buy that on E-bay from someone that doesn't know how to use it. It is also a graphing multimeter kill 2 birds with 1 stone.

let us know what you get.
              RCrocs #123 Brown CJ-5
              www.offroadcustomcreations.com

Sponsors:
              Corbeau, Tom Wood, PSC, Polyperformance, Inner Air Lock, Miller Welds, Heavymetal Concepts

Comment

Originally posted by Hudson View Post
                To buy snapon tools; What would you buy?

No tricky business or funny games.

This is not a debate between tool brands or what have. I'm sure you all fancy at least one Snap on product.

Personally

- Snap On MG-725 1/2" Impact - $473
                - Super Duty Air Hammer Set - $550

My last $500 would go to either a 1/2" Torque wrench or some nice socket sets.
                I have both of those lol and my gun is out for repair (3 months old)

I would probably replace the remainder of my craftsman sockets with snap on. Maybe some specialty sockets. And I'm probably over1500 lol
                Dizz dizz go sleep sleep

Driver 4677 FSM vehicle

Comment

You really can't have much for 1500$ I got a snap on box full of goodies already but a 1/2 in gun is def a must also gotta have their ratchets nothing even comes close to how nice they are. The flank drive ratchet wrenches are awesome too they are like 500 but you get fast action out of the open end side too works good in weird spots.

Comment

A ridgid drill kit with impact sawzall and multi tool. Probably 400 or less for all that
                    Lifetime warranty on EVERYTHING. Including batteries which is a first for any cordless drill company. It's got balls too it out performed a coworkers 24v heavy duty dewalt set.
                    Apart from that I don't really know. I inherited a pretty large set of MAC and snap on hand tools so that's all I really have experience with, other then craftsman screwdrivers and shit.

Comment

Originally posted by WarGin View Post
                      A ridgid drill kit with impact sawzall and multi tool. Probably 400 or less for all that
                      Lifetime warranty on EVERYTHING. Including batteries which is a first for any cordless drill company. It's got balls too it out performed a coworkers 24v heavy duty dewalt set.
                      Apart from that I don't really know. I inherited a pretty large set of MAC and snap on hand tools so that's all I really have experience with, other then craftsman screwdrivers and shit.
                      But when u have to send it out for warranty like 18 times it gets kind of old. I through my rigid drill across the lot at work. And bough Milwaukee.
                      Dizz dizz go sleep sleep

Driver 4677 FSM vehicle

Comment

I would buy exactly $1500 in tools, then sell them for $1000, buy the same tools elsewhere for $500 and the pens what's left on scotch.
                        dirty30

Comment

mrs. heavymetal from jeepforum
                          2022 JL Rubicon

Originally posted by hoggie101
                          and everyone qute dis because its the best grammer im going to have all year

Comment

I'd spend $1000 on coke and a decent hooker and save the rest for booze.

I don't use tools anymore, so I'd have no need.
                            No worries, I'm not actually back, I'm just reminiscing about the old days.

ForSure Motorsports
                            Win or Lose, We Booze.

Vice President of Internal Affairs at Dirty Donny's House of Hookers

Comment

Originally posted by DizzDizz View Post
                              But when u have to send it out for warranty like 18 times it gets kind of old. I through my rigid drill across the lot at work. And bough Milwaukee.
                              What was wrong with yours? I've had absolutely 0 probs in the year and half that I've abused my stuff. And my original batteries are up to snuff with the one I got 4 months ago.either way it's cheap enough to take the risk with a lifetime full coverage warranty

Comment

Working...
                              X