Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Satanic Statue, among others, proposed for OK state capitol

Religious freedom is awesome.

A satanic group unveiled designs Monday for a 7-foot-tall statue of Satan it wants to put at the Oklahoma state Capitol, where a Ten Commandments monument was placed in 2012.

The New York-based Satanic Temple formally submitted its application to a panel that oversees the Capitol grounds, including an artist's rendering that depicts Satan as Baphomet, a goat-headed figure with horns, wings and a long beard that's often used as a symbol of the occult. In the rendering, Satan is sitting in a pentagram-adorned throne with smiling children next to him.

"The monument has been designed to reflect the views of Satanists in Oklahoma City and beyond," temple spokesman Lucien Greaves said in a statement. "The statue will also have a functional purpose as a chair where people of all ages may sit on the lap of Satan for inspiration and contemplation."
    LOL

Similar requests for monuments have been made by a Hindu leader in Nevada, an animal rights group and the satirical Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster.

"I think you've got to remember where you are. This is Oklahoma, the middle of the heartland," said Rep. Don Armes, R-Faxon. "I think we need to be tolerant of people who think different than us, but this is Oklahoma, and that's not going to fly here."

"I do not see Satanism as a religion, and they have no place at the state Capitol," said Sears, R-Bartlesville.
    The Republicans can be such fucking killjoys sometimes. God Damn.

"Satan stands as the ultimate icon for the selfless revolt against tyranny, free & rational inquiry, and the responsible pursuit of happiness," the website says.
    http://abcnews.go.com/Weird/wireStor...ument-21440030

sigpic
    Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

HAIL SATAN

I'd make the pilgrimage to sit on his lap and ask for slave wimenz for anti-christmas
    dirty30

Comment

I was going to ask him for the power to cast hell-fire upon the land at my command; your request seems more reasonable.
      sigpic

Comment

You know, Baphomet's my bro, Nurgle's my neighbor, Beelzebub is my buddy.
        dirty30

Comment

You ever have Khorne flakes? The best cereal to keep the blood flowing for the blood god.
          sigpic

Comment

But does it have the skulls for the skull throne?
            dirty30

Comment

where people of all ages may sit on the lap of Satan for inspiration and contemplation.
              Inspiration for what? Contemplation of what? Mass Murder? Genocide? I mean the last time I checked Satan was still up for Evil events or has he gone cold in modern America?
              No worries, I'm not actually back, I'm just reminiscing about the old days.

ForSure Motorsports
              Win or Lose, We Booze.

Vice President of Internal Affairs at Dirty Donny's House of Hookers

Comment

True believers in the church of Satan idolize him for his chaotic rebellion frok the structured order of heaven.

Satan never committed mass murder or genocide, in fact God kills about a billion more people throughoht the course of the Bible.

Satan is a source of "temptation" and "evil," but that's also coming from a God that inspired the Crusades and multiple genocides throughout history. I cannot think of a single time when genocide or war has been conducted in the name of Satan. God's name, however, rolls through the credits of most of them.

If asked to vote, I'd say build it. Its a valid belief system and we have (theoretically) freedom in that realm.

Will it happen? certainly not now and certainly not in Oklahoma.
                dirty30

Comment

2005 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
                  1945 Willys-Overland CJ2A

Comment

"Satan is primarily understood as an "accuser" or "adversary" in the Hebrew Bible, and is not necessarily the personification of evil that he would become in later Abrahamic religions. In the New Testament, Satan is a name that refers to a decidedly malevolent entity (devil) who possesses demonic god-like qualities. In Theistic Satanism, Satan is considered a positive force and deity who is either worshipped or revered. In LaVeyan Satanism, Satan is regarded as holding virtuous characteristics."

"...Much modern "Satanic" lore does not originate from theistic or LaVeyan Satanism, but from traditional Christian folk beliefs coupled with contemporary urban legends. An example is the Satanic ritual abuse scare of the 1980s — beginning with the memoir Michelle Remembers — which depicted Satanism as a vast conspiracy of elites with a predilection for child abuse and human sacrifice. This genre frequently describes Satan as physically incarnating in order to receive worship."
                    Last edited by Lycaon; 01-07-2014, 07:46 AM.
                    2005 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
                    1945 Willys-Overland CJ2A

Comment

Satanism has been slandered for years by the Xian scum. Most Spiritual Satanists are the most well rounded rational people you can hope to meet. The Xian church has put up so much misinformation its almost a joke. The religion is mostly about empowering yourself through meditation and critical thinking, if you ever saw the commandants of satanism you would see that they are quite fair. http://www.churchofsatan.com/eleven-rules-of-earth.php

"The Atheist complains about the wind.The Christian prays for it to change.The Satanist adjusts his sails." - Anton Szandor LaVey

In all honesty I would rather see a bunch of Satanic monuments than a bunch of Xian ones because you know those rat bastards have Jesus inside the Vatican sucking his eternal life blood and pumping it right up the pope's ass.
                      99 XJ 4.5" Long Arms & 32x11.5 KM2's

Comment

Rule 11 is my favorite.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Daven View Post
                          In all honesty I would rather see a bunch of Satanic monuments than a bunch of Xian ones because you know those rat bastards have Jesus inside the Vatican sucking his eternal life blood and pumping it right up the pope's ass.
                          Did a priest rape you with a craftsman wrench after your mom sold you into child slavery at Sears' Vatican forges?

Comment

No he could not complete the job with a single craftsman wrench instead he needed the whole wrap welded together with the intellect from a thousand of the strongest willed 4 year olds and the brightest light energy from none other than the Dali Lama himself. The creation of this wrench was actually the cause of the 2012 doomsday for it was not the end of the world merely the beginning of a new line of craftsman wrenches to plague the working class.
                            99 XJ 4.5" Long Arms & 32x11.5 KM2's

Comment

Have you all always been Satanists or just when it's hip?
                              Is it egg nog season yet?

Comment

Working...
                              X