• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HOW MACH SHE WORTH?

Keeping this simple.

- 1998 XJ 180k
    - 4.0/AX15/NP231
    - HP D30, 8.25

Guy on CL is selling this jeep. I have him to $1,500. Think it's worth that?

Says it's stuck in 4hi. I'm not too worried about this.

I'm going to put it back to stock height, put on stock rims/tires, work out the T-case issue and flip it.

I figure it's worth $3,000-$3,500. Does that sound about right to you guys?

Hudson

Build Thread - http://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/...d.php?t=121903

No Amount Of Money Is Worth Your Sanity.

It may be tough to sell with that mileage. Andrew just sold his 97? I believe with 240k miles with brand new lift, a nice bumper, and good 31's for like 1600 and nobody offered more than that. Yes this is less miles, but you have to remember cherokee people are the biggest bunch of cheap fucks on the planet. I think you'd be lucky to get 2500 for an xj with 180k on it personally. Maybe I'm wrong.
    P8R

2012 Honda Accord - For DD/MPG Porpoises - Cooper Tire: Count on Cooper
    2014 Granite Crystal WK2 Limited - Nitto Tire: Fueled by Enthusiasts

Poontang Pro 300EX 42" - For lawn porpoises
    OG KOT #4736 Semper Sky Rock Racing/Standardbred Racing Designs 15.5 HP Turbo-Cool Craftsman, 6 Spd w/ crawl box, fat turf treads, Custom paint, and a red onzie

Comment

I paid $800 for a 1996 cherokee with 188k.

It had a banged up front fender, but aside from that was in perfect working order. Do what you will with that information.
      Is it egg nog season yet?

Comment

I don't see $3k on that.

Comment

I know i know it's hard. I also picked up an 01 cherokee for $500 that just needed a cooling overhaul. Runs perfect now and it's my dd.

Someone PLEASE correct my logic if you think it's wrong, but i feel as if i get rid of the lift, the dumb backup lights, and just make the thing stock and get it running right it should go for at least $2500.

Originally posted by CSaddict View Post
          I don't see $3k on that.
          What do you see?
          Hudson

Comment

Three people essentially just DID tell you that you're wrong.

You're going to buy it anyways, clearly.

Good luck with sale!
            Is it egg nog season yet?

Comment

No i actually don't think i am.

I already have three jeeps i don't really need another one. I just feel as if the people who actually know jeeps are the cheap fucks that won't penny up. The people that actually pay for them are the people who don't know anything about them.

I think i'll do the more logical thing and put some money into my current dd and make that thing reliable.
              Hudson

Comment

You'd be extremely lucky to get 2500. If it's in good shape, the five speed may provoke someone to buy it. But it's just another xj really and nobody pays what you think you will get. Find the blue book value and cut it in half. That's probably what you'll get. It's tough to find somebody who will buy a car with 188k miles on it so you may sit on it awhile and have to drop it. Probably not worth the time and money you'll put into it
                P8R

2012 Honda Accord - For DD/MPG Porpoises - Cooper Tire: Count on Cooper
                2014 Granite Crystal WK2 Limited - Nitto Tire: Fueled by Enthusiasts

Poontang Pro 300EX 42" - For lawn porpoises
                OG KOT #4736 Semper Sky Rock Racing/Standardbred Racing Designs 15.5 HP Turbo-Cool Craftsman, 6 Spd w/ crawl box, fat turf treads, Custom paint, and a red onzie

Comment

i'd consider buying it from you but for less than 1500

again though, you might make a couple bucks on it but not enough to warrant the purchase. 1500 is good though if you were gonna keep it
                  I drive a Datsun

Comment

Originally posted by Hudson View Post

What do you see?
                    A high mileage rusted out Cherokee that's worth no more than a few bags of skittles.
                    sigpic
                    Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

For 1500 Im going to say its a good buy. As long as you can fix whats wrong.

From the pics It doesn't look rusty, tires look in good shape, it got tints(always a good selling point), the seats look nice. You're not going to make much but as long as you get joy from fixing jeeps, then why not.

My personal experience is a lucky one. $1500 jeep with a few small fixes (500ish invested) and i sold it for 3300. I didn't expect to make out so well on this flip. I figured since it was my dd I could always sit on it until someone offered 3k. I struck gold when a 17-18 year old, calling himself a "college kid" wanted to come see it after 2 weeks.

Honestly its more about how you market the vehicle. A bad joke and a few exclamation points are all it takes to light a little fire in the hart of some teenage boy with high hopes for the future and no knowledge on jeeps.

Comment

I paid 4450 for mine it was perfect with 100xxx on it
                        2000 xj 4.5 clayton longarms with wontons with a touch of
                        97' zj
                        2012 surbra imperza DD
                        im a motivation machine like the hammer and sickle in communism

Comment

Originally posted by hoggie101 View Post
                          I paid 4450 for mine it was perfect with 100xxx on it
                          Mine is the same year and color as yours and had 122xxx. Paid $1700
                          I drive a Datsun

Comment

Originally posted by Burton58 View Post
                            Mine is the same year and color as yours and had 122xxx. Paid $1700
                            and is 2wd and has rust
                            2000 xj 4.5 clayton longarms with wontons with a touch of
                            97' zj
                            2012 surbra imperza DD
                            im a motivation machine like the hammer and sickle in communism

Comment

Originally posted by hoggie101 View Post
                              and is 2wd and has rust
                              Has 4wd and not a speck of rust on it
                              I drive a Datsun

Comment

Working...
                              X