Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The future of automobiles doesn't sound very fun.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hope none of you have dreams of becoming a truckdriver.

Seriously though if everything becomes computerized (hear about the Amazon delivery drones?) a lot of people aren't going to have jobs.

Lets say everything becomes automated (sure it's not in the near future, but give it time) how would one even go about making money anymore?
    Hudson

Build Thread - http://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/...d.php?t=121903

No Amount Of Money Is Worth Your Sanity.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo Phil View Post
      Buy a forest green Forester and cover the entire bumper and back hatch with Maine, Vermont, and liberal hippie stickers about how much you love Obama, Granola, the forests and Tibet.
      i would do that just for giggles after it gets 400hp though
      I drive a Datsun

Comment

Originally posted by Hudson View Post
        I hope none of you have dreams of becoming a truckdriver
        is this a thing people do?
        I drive a Datsun

Comment

Originally posted by Burton58 View Post
          is this a thing people do?
          I think that's what happens when the rest of their dreams fail.

... "oh fuck it i'll just become a truck driver"
          Hudson

Build Thread - http://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/...d.php?t=121903

No Amount Of Money Is Worth Your Sanity.

Comment

that's more like it
            I drive a Datsun

Comment

Seriously though if everything becomes computerized (hear about the Amazon delivery drones?) a lot of people aren't going to have jobs.

Lets say everything becomes automated (sure it's not in the near future, but give it time) how would one even go about making money anymore?
              By using a brain? There are a ton of vocations that cannot feasibly be replicated by a robot.
              dirty30

Comment

You know, I'm going to have to jump in on this one. The Trucking Industry has it's uses, but the Trucking Industry made it's big boom when Eisenhower was selling the country on his new Interestate system saying that goods could get any where at any time because of the new roadways that connected America. Well, trains already connected America, and are more efficient at delivering goods around the country. I'm not saying we should eliminate the industry, not at all, trucking is still extremely useful for shorter distances, but in the big picture, the train industry needs even more efficient than it already is and advance it's technology so that we eliminate a number a trucks off the road, especially in highly congested areas.

And lets face it, that's why people want automated cars, because they fucking suck at driving on highways where tractor trailers are going 60-70 mph down the center land and they have no idea what to do. I95 is the pinnacle of highway abortions, it's a 6 land stretch of road that is congested from Florida to Maine. Eliminating some trucks off the road and boosting the train transportation industry would be a step in the right direction, but no, we need to make fucking automated cars.
                sigpic
                Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

Phil. Trains are for vagabonds and transients, STAGECOACHES ARE THE ANSWER
                  dirty30

Comment

I just want to travel across the country in a train car eating ham sandwiches.
                    sigpic

Comment

Wow. When you put it that way....

Train hopping west y'all!!!!!!
                      dirty30

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X