Winter Projects and General Goings-on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winter Projects and General Goings-on

What on god's green earth is everybody occupying themselves with over the winter months?

I will admit, Jeep/Offroady things have been off my plate for awhile, but I'm curently building this POS:

50cc Peugeot 103, single-variated engine to put on this:

Also slowly building this Puch ZA50 2-spd. engine:

Just wondering... and attempting to stimulate some light conversation while I sit at work by myself, as everyone else at the magazine has off until the New Year.
    dirty30

where do you work now?

ironically I waited since summer to fix heavy until now, otherwise just work related stuff as usual, and enjoying my new found horsepower in the freezing cold salt bath of new england
    - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
    or am asians pants not a read end lol.
    Originally posted by DizzDizz
    aliens probed my husband

Comment

I'm working at Fine Woodworking Magazine as an Asst. Editor, a real job, YAY!

See: www.finewoodworking.com

I hear you on wrenching. My car, while reliable, needs standard maintenance that I've been putting off since early fall and at 272 thousand miles, I may be in the Jeep market again soon.
      dirty30

Comment

My jeep is being put on hold till spring time. Winter projects consist of tearing down the race bike and greasing, cleaning, rebuilding motor, etc. Also planning on picking up enclosed trailer soon so ill be busy getting that set up.

Comment

Just working on the Ranger and Subaru, saving up for KOh. Trying to get a car trailer too
          -Caleb

Crawl Daddy Champion 2011

1999 XJ 4 inchs of lift or so, 35s and some other stuff.

Comment

My big boy job has started, so that consumes quite a bit of my life.

Aside from that... I masturbate a lot, joined a dart league, have been snowboarding just about every weekend since it got cold enough to, and masturbating.

I have been passively looking for a Peugeot bicycle for a while. No real reason.
            Is it egg nog season yet?

Comment

A Peugeot bicycle, well that's not motorized at all.
              dirty30

Comment

Originally posted by Hydra View Post
                A Peugeot bicycle, well that's not motorized at all.
                By George! You've blown my mind!
                Is it egg nog season yet?

Comment

My name's Dillon....
                  dirty30

Comment

My YJ has been on blocks since last March in the barn. Got electric with 100amp panel run to the barn a few weeks ago and finally wiring lights, outlets, etc so I have somewhere to work. Hopefully starting on the Jeep in the next couple weeks. Axle swap, motor lift, tummy tuck, cage install, couple rust fixes, etc. It's going to be a busy winter. I'm tired of riding bitch.

Comment

not really any projects going on. searching for a job, setting up the house and trying to get out and enjoy the new scenery as much as possible
                      I drive a Datsun

Comment

finishing one ton swap and maybe starting another jeep project, and trying to grow up
                        2000 xj 4.5 clayton longarms with wontons with a touch of
                        97' zj
                        2012 surbra imperza DD
                        im a motivation machine like the hammer and sickle in communism

Comment

Originally posted by Burton58 View Post
                          not really any projects going on. searching for a job, setting up the house and trying to get out and enjoy the new scenery as much as possible
                          If I was in Maine I'd be doing the same thing...

Camped Mt. Desert Island last summer for 7 days, was one of the most beautiful places I've ever been.
                          dirty30

Comment

Originally posted by Hydra View Post
                            If I was in Maine I'd be doing the same thing...

Camped Mt. Desert Island last summer for 7 days, was one of the most beautiful places I've ever been.
                            nice! i can't wait for spring to get out to Acadia. my backyard has snowmobile/snowshoe/biking trails so winter or summer we're all set
                            I drive a Datsun

Comment

Yea, I am very jealous.

That said, it's one of the few places I would gladly drive 7 hours to visit. And if you're there, definitely stop at Atlantic Brewing Company. Free tour and free samples.
                              dirty30

Comment

Working...
                              X