depending on floating or vented rotors between 300 and 400 a wheel
    -98 XJ 4.5" lift , 35's, trimmed, locked, geared, flexy
    -14 Subaru STI hatch Stage 2ish
    -54 Dodge Power wagon M-37
    -57 GMC Pickup
    -Tim (OIIIIIO)

Comment

Jiminy Crizmiz.

You might as well just buy a set of late model xr80 for $150 and have real moto parts.

idk, it bothers me that the company would base their design around apparently high dollar bike parts and low dollar (clone) engines. I am in hate with the lifan.
      dirty30

Comment

Originally posted by Hydra View Post
        Very cool. How much does that block weigh? A typical ped drivetrain is about 30 lbs, that thing looks massive.
        I just looked up the specs on the motor. It's 37.5 lbs according to the website. It's a cheap Harbor Freight 212cc 6.5hp Predator motor, but it runs great.

My first motorized bicycle build was this Diamondback beach cruiser with a 68cc 2-stroke. It would do about 32-33mph and get almost 100mpg, but with no suspension and that engine your arms would be numb from holding onto the bars for longer than 25-30 minutes.

I bought this bike from the local Honda dealer for $75 this summer as a "handyman special". It's a Chinese made Yumbo 110cc, 4 speed semi-auto. I spent about 2 hours troubleshooting the ignition system and it cost me a $4 CDI to get it running great. It will do about 55mph also and is the most comfortable to ride. I have a moped plate on the back of it and I've not had problem with the police at all. I'm a big guy and it's a small bike so as long as I hang around 35-40 I pass as a moped.

Comment

Those're some sweet rims on that yumbo. Looks exactly like all the bikes cruising Asia.

I like my European bikes too much though haha.
          dirty30

Comment

What's wrong with the Lifan motors?i see them on bikes at masters of minis and stuff and the ripp.ive seen the china motors crack around the motor mount but that's mostly because people don't check there shit and make sure it's tight.

Comment

Jiminy Crizmiz.

You might as well just buy a set of late model xr80 for $150 and have real moto parts.

idk, it bothers me that the company would base their design around apparently high dollar bike parts and low dollar (clone) engines. I am in hate with the lifan.
              i see your point and understand what you mean but the 50cc motor is probably one of the most reliable motors out there. and if you were in the bike world you would see that bike parts of that caliber ( no pun intended ) are nothing more then scaled down motor cycle parts. and are priced comparably or lower then motor cycle parts.
              -98 XJ 4.5" lift , 35's, trimmed, locked, geared, flexy
              -14 Subaru STI hatch Stage 2ish
              -54 Dodge Power wagon M-37
              -57 GMC Pickup
              -Tim (OIIIIIO)

Comment

I hear ya. Biased I am.

As far as 50cc engines go though, there are wayyy cooler options for a sick 50cc.

In the moped world it's not uncommon for guys to get 50 mph out of a properly ported/tuned 50cc cylinder on a one speed engine like the Puch E-50, Motobecane Mobylette (seen a guy do 64 on a 50cc, and get there quicker than most motos) or the Honda Hobbit.

And if your must have a shifter, hit up a sweet Derbi Senda or GPR bottom end. Liquid cooled 50cc two stroke that'll do 60 in its sleep.
                dirty30

Comment

So whatever happened with this idear. I wanted to see some wheelie doing and superman seat grabs
                  dirty30

Comment

So whatever happened with this idear. I wanted to see some wheelie doing and superman seat grabs
                    I've been checking my email everyday waiting for a tracking number... They sent the first batch out I guess. I should be any day now. Can't wait to start building this thing!

Comment

Did you get the wide tire kit? Shit looks sick.
                      "Watching you work on your Jeep is like watching a doctor operate on a cadaver...
                      It may be good practice, but in the end it won't do much good." -My Mother.

Comment

Why isn't this happening. I want updates so I can naysay, and oggle, and drool, and be angry.
                        dirty30

Comment

You guys have nothing on what my buddies and I threw together last weekend.

Guy in front steers and has a front brake. Guy in back has clutch, rear brake, throttle and shifts.
                          1993 XJ sport 3.5" rustys 33" MTZ's armored.
                          1999 sierra
                          1967 M725 Big and Slow
                          -Dan

Comment

Even better question, do you have the front end off the back bike?
                            dirty30

Comment

Even better question, do you have the front end off the back bike?
                              I like where this is going
                              Hench

ATM anyone?

Comment

so does anyone own one of these yet? i would if i couldn't buy a supermotard for the same build price

Comment

Working...
                                X