Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welding Helmet

$100 off welding helmet.

I always watch weldingtipsandtricks.com and Jodey talked about a $100 rebate on the Jackson Balder BH3 helmet.

My Miller Elite helmet has been nothing but problems. Working, not working whenever it feels like it. Figure it is worth a shot.

http://www.weldingtipsandtricks.com/...ghts-2013.html

http://store.cyberweld.com/jabaauwehe.html
    RCrocs #123 Brown CJ-5
    www.offroadcustomcreations.com

Sponsors:
    Corbeau, Tom Wood, PSC, Polyperformance, Inner Air Lock, Miller Welds, Heavymetal Concepts

I've more or less stolen my brothers Speedglas and the thing is very nice. it has the extra side glass so you can see a bit more when not welding and has what seem like 20 adjustments for your head.

You can also retrofit the clean air system into it if you're going to be welding for a long time and don't want to be sucking in all the fumes.

Comment

I have a Jackson 3N1 welding helmet and I love the thing.
      Hudson

Build Thread - http://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/...d.php?t=121903

No Amount Of Money Is Worth Your Sanity.

Comment

the girl from cyber welds recommends speedglass says the have the least amount of warranties. I would have bought that if it wasn't $100 more than the BH3 and 2 years less on the warranty.figure it is worth a shot.

She said stay away from miller they have a lot of warranties plus that is the same I got from the rest of the interweb.
        RCrocs #123 Brown CJ-5

Sponsors:
        Corbeau, Tom Wood, PSC, Polyperformance, Inner Air Lock, Miller Welds, Heavymetal Concepts

Comment

hmmmm, I used a miller elite at work for 2+ years, everyday, never had an issue with it. it did seem to eat batteries though.

cool deal though
          No worries, I'm not actually back, I'm just reminiscing about the old days.

ForSure Motorsports
          Win or Lose, We Booze.

Vice President of Internal Affairs at Dirty Donny's House of Hookers

Comment

Originally posted by Zullock Holmes View Post
            hmmmm, I used a miller elite at work for 2+ years, everyday, never had an issue with it. it did seem to eat batteries though.

cool deal though
            From what I read Miller Elites are nice helmets when they work.
            I put new batteries in and it does the same thing.
            Basically I can usually weld for 10 min then it stops getting fully dark, I switch to my cheapo helmet use that until that one stops working then move back to my Miller and so on, or just drink more beer.
            Tig Welding at 200amp is pretty bright especially when the helmet doesn't get dark. My eyes are always killing me the next 2 days.

I tried e-mailing Miller, even the rep that gave me the Miller sponsor with no response finally after about the 10th try they just said it has a 2 year warranty based of the serial number on the lens. I barely use it compared to someone like you welding every day. If I wore it out I would be OK with it but I probably got as much time on my helmet as you do in a week.
            I don't think it ever worked right. I asked if they could rebuild it. Give me some sort of break on a new helmet especially since I have close to 10K in miller equipment. Crickets, just made enough to buy a different brand in spite.
            RCrocs #123 Brown CJ-5

Sponsors:

Comment

Yea that's kind of shitty of miller support wise, even more so that you're sponsored by them.
              No worries, I'm not actually back, I'm just reminiscing about the old days.

ForSure Motorsports
              Win or Lose, We Booze.

Vice President of Internal Affairs at Dirty Donny's House of Hookers

Comment

Working...
              X