That'll do Mentality

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That'll do Mentality

When you are working on a project, be it a working on a cage for a jeep, editing a video or picture, etc.

Are you a perfectionist and do whatever it takes to get it right? Do you get so overwhelmingly frustrated with a project sometimes that you just do enough to complete it? Just how much patience do you have before something that is frustrating you wins and you have a "that'll do mentality"? Discuss

I tend to try to perfect most things. There will be a point (often) while working on the jeeps when I just want it over and done with but will at least do it correctly
    I drive a Datsun

Comment

If things aren't going the way they should be and I start to get frustrated I just walk away from the project for a day. I take the time to clear my head so that it does get done right another day.

Comment

I'd like to get it as best as possible. I don't like things looking like crap because I rushed
        P8R

2012 Honda Accord - For DD/MPG Porpoises - Cooper Tire: Count on Cooper
        2014 Granite Crystal WK2 Limited - Nitto Tire: Fueled by Enthusiasts

Poontang Pro 300EX 42" - For lawn porpoises
        OG KOT #4736 Semper Sky Rock Racing/Standardbred Racing Designs 15.5 HP Turbo-Cool Craftsman, 6 Spd w/ crawl box, fat turf treads, Custom paint, and a red onzie

Comment

I'll just obsess so much about getting it perfect that I never finish anything
          1998 XJ.....Finally.
          1997 ZJ 4.0L....The wife's ride.

...And I'm a Mac

Comment

It depends on the project.

With my firearms, I want perfection.

With my Jeep...hey, as long as it moves under it's own power and doesn't fall apart....
            sigpic
            Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

when I was building my cage... .2-.3 degrees was my "good enough" spot (not even visible) just because being absolutely perfect without jigs on an actual chassis table is just a retardedly impossible, that and one good hard knock and everything is going to tweak anyways.

Other than that, I always tried to be completely dead on, but that really is close enough when you're talking about the whole chassis. I know A LOT of people with much lower standards with tube work.
              No worries, I'm not actually back, I'm just reminiscing about the old days.

ForSure Motorsports
              Win or Lose, We Booze.

Vice President of Internal Affairs at Dirty Donny's House of Hookers

Comment

never overly picky to the point that it negatively effects the efficiency of my work

if its something i can honestly acknowledge that no one will ever see or care about, and it would delay the project past expected delivery, i let it go and allow it to bother me for eternity

if its something that effects the quality of work, I will stay up all night fixing it. i figure that is to be expected of anyone doing professional work, however
                - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
                or am asians pants not a read end lol.
                Originally posted by DizzDizz
                aliens probed my husband

Comment

Originally posted by HeavyMetal View Post
                  never overly picky to the point that it negatively effects the efficiency of my work

This.

if its something that effects the quality of work, I will stay up all night fixing it. i figure that is to be expected of anyone doing professional work, however

And This.

ForSure Motorsports
                  Win or Lose, We Booze.

Comment

At my job there is no that I'll do. I'm responsible for 80,000 lbs x25 trucks running down the road 24/7 365 so there is no "ya I guess that works send it". Even my Own cars everything I want to be perfect I'll get frustrated and walk away have a smoke whatever just to calm down. Then get back to it.
                    Dizz dizz go sleep sleep

Driver 4677 FSM vehicle

Comment

Crosby's house of hack?

ForSure Motorsports
                      Win or Lose, We Booze.

Comment

Originally posted by Zullock Holmes View Post
                        Crosby's house of hack?
                        Haha you know it. Lets just say exo cages kinda suck

Comment

Depends on what it is, welding in a floor patch
                          Ehh fuck it close enough. Doing something like shock tabs or spring mounts I do like to take my time and try and do it right.
                          For me its a matter of how it will effect me.
                          OER The bad judgment Olympics.

Lowlife 35x12.5s on 3 inches of lift.
                          General Tires are

Comment

Originally posted by crosbike View Post
                            Haha you know it. Lets just say exo cages kinda suck
                            Hahahaha I kid, I kid, yea I could imagine so

ForSure Motorsports
                            Win or Lose, We Booze.

Comment

I install sunroofs for a living and cutting a 18x32 inch hole in the roof of a brand new car takes patients. I measure twice and cut once. Can't be wrong.

Comment

Working...
                              X