i'm buying a new Canon DSLR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i'm buying a new Canon DSLR

messed around with a chicks T3i last weekend, made my old 2006 era Rebel feel like a POS and i know for sure i am upgrading. been thinking about it for a few months now but after seeing the capabilities in person i want something newer with more abilities. really only need the new body as i have some glass.

anyone have input on... 70D 60D or the TXi series? i am thinking about the 70 or T5i as i like the touch screen and they seem to be the new hottness.

i plan on doing both still and video with my new body but will be putting more focus on video than stills.

Got a T4i a few months ago and wish i had went with the 70D..

oh well, t4i has been good for what ive used it for, mine even fell 100 feet off a mountain cliff and survived a pretty good thrashing and still works great.

Comment

once you get something, if you decide to get rid of the rebel let me know. I'm looking for something reasonable to start with.
      No worries, I'm not actually back, I'm just reminiscing about the old days.

ForSure Motorsports
      Win or Lose, We Booze.

Vice President of Internal Affairs at Dirty Donny's House of Hookers

Comment

Originally posted by Zullock Holmes View Post
        once you get something, if you decide to get rid of the rebel let me know. I'm looking for something reasonable to start with.
        honestly, you don't want mine. check out Ebay or even local CL as i have seen a lot of good camera deals for $500 and under, with lenses and everything. i wanted to sell mine but i would only be selling the body for like $150 while Ebay has used DSLR kits for $350.

there's a little personal value to mine as well since it's been around the world with me twice and blown up once. still working and i've never had anything cleaned, apparently you're supposed to do that.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
          Got a T4i a few months ago and wish i had went with the 70D..

oh well, t4i has been good for what ive used it for, mine even fell 100 feet off a mountain cliff and survived a pretty good thrashing and still works great.
          that seems like it came out and was replaced pretty fast. it seems the 70D and T5i are close with the MP being different and the over all body but most of the same features.

i do want the 70 but i am thinking more about the 5i. body on ebay for $5-600 or so or one with the newer 18-135 lens for $750-900.

Comment

i have the t3i and will has a 60d. i use both and am comfortable with both of them equally...but the 60d is definitely a much better camera
            mrs. heavymetal from jeepforum
            2022 JL Rubicon

Originally posted by hoggie101
            and everyone qute dis because its the best grammer im going to have all year

Comment

Stop worrying about bodys and start worrying about lenses. A t3i and higher with great lenses will be better than a 5d mark III with low end lenses.
              - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
              or am asians pants not a read end lol.
              Originally posted by DizzDizz
              aliens probed my husband

Comment

Yes I have noticed that and remember talking to to about it.

The "L" series is the etterlglass you are talking about, is it made differently or just has better coatings? I'm starting to read into why the better lenses, well are better.

Comment

Originally posted by HeavyMetal View Post
                  Stop worrying about bodys and start worrying about lenses. A t3i and higher with great lenses will be better than a 5d mark III with low end lenses.
                  X2...my rebel xsi takes better pics with a nice piece of glass like Canon's 10-20mm, or 17-35mm, both of which I have borrowed, than a higher end slr. I've trial tested pretty much everything when I was in school and the glass makes all the difference!
                  -Michael
                  2001 Silverstone Metallic XJ Limited - TJ Moabs, Grabbers, 3" lift, RC trackbar, etc. - SOLD
                  2014 Granite Crystal JGC Limited - Hemi, Tow-pack, Lux-Pack II, 20's
                  2001 DHG Mustang Bullitt - 5.3 4v stroker, Comp Cams, VMP TVS, T56, Built IRS, etc...
                  702rwhp/684rwtq

Comment

90% of the time i shoot with a Canon EF 28-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM lens, how does that rank as far as lenses go?

i am eye balling the 24-105mm f/4L IS EF USM as my next lens, i am only looking at it because it's an "L" series and the range is close to what i have been using for years. for me it seems to be a good all around lens.

Comment

Well in the sketchiest deal ever I have a brand new 70D I found on new haven CL for $800.

I'm guessing he's from the fairfield area and mommy and daddy bought this for him so he sold it for weed money. Showed up in a fairly new Audi.
                      Or he stole it maybe.

Add just said canon camera, new in box, a good one. Wanted to meet off 95 as soon as possible when i texted him at like 9:30. Im like uhhh.... i beter bring a gun for this shit, met up off I-95 at like 11pm in the most well lit and occupied parking lot I could find. Went smooth actually, he was gone as fast as he could give me the box and get the cash in hi hand. I checked the camera out first, was ok so I got it.
                      Last edited by sardo_67; 11-08-2013, 07:17 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X