Help welding lower control arm brackets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help welding lower control arm brackets

I was wondering if anyone was very local to me (Fairfield, CT) and had some time this week or this weekend to weld on a pair of heavy duty replacement front lower control arm brackets. I sheared one off on the way home from work today and I need to put some new ones on. I can drive it VERY locally, otherwise I'd have to AAA to wherever you could do it. I'd say someone could bring a welder to my house to do it but I don't have a 220 line in the garage and my garage circuit is only 15amps.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I can pay in cash or beer, whichever is preferred
    -Michael
    2001 Silverstone Metallic XJ Limited - TJ Moabs, Grabbers, 3" lift, RC trackbar, etc. - SOLD
    2014 Granite Crystal JGC Limited - Hemi, Tow-pack, Lux-Pack II, 20's
    2001 DHG Mustang Bullitt - 5.3 4v stroker, Comp Cams, VMP TVS, T56, Built IRS, etc...
    702rwhp/684rwtq

Get in touch with Zullock Holmes on here. He's the man you need to see!
    HOONIGAN FOR LIFE
    OLD 4X4'S NEVER DIE!!!!!

Comment

I can do it if you want to bring it to New Milford.

Might not look as pretty as some of the other guys on here but i promise it'll hold.
      Hudson

Build Thread - http://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/...d.php?t=121903

No Amount Of Money Is Worth Your Sanity.

Comment

Originally posted by #DEZERTDAD View Post
        Get in touch with Zullock Holmes on here. He's the man you need to see!
        same person I pointed him to

the only other member on here with a welder in Fairfield is Drew (Jeep Creep), but I dont know how much he browses the forum
        - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
        or am asians pants not a read end lol.
        Originally posted by DizzDizz
        aliens probed my husband

Comment

Villa Matt Matt Harry any one with a welder..... It's only lca brackets.

Comment

Originally posted by Schickos881 View Post
            Villa Matt Matt Harry any one with a welder..... It's only lca brackets.
            the idea is he doesnt want to AAA his jeep to someones house if he can avoid it...and he can drive very locally, aka fairfield.

otherwise he needs a 110 welder to come to him
            - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
            or am asians pants not a read end lol.
            Originally posted by DizzDizz
            aliens probed my husband

Comment

I keep forgetting I have a 110v welder in your garage, Will.
              sigpic
              Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

I wouldn't be able to pull it up to my tent until I finish the job I'm working on now, which means if you can wait until sometime next week I can definitely do it up for you though.

Done a bunch of these fixes for people, do you have replacement brackets ordered?
                No worries, I'm not actually back, I'm just reminiscing about the old days.

ForSure Motorsports
                Win or Lose, We Booze.

Vice President of Internal Affairs at Dirty Donny's House of Hookers

Comment

Originally posted by Zullock Holmes View Post
                  I wouldn't be able to pull it up to my tent until I finish the job I'm working on now, which means if you can wait until sometime next week I can definitely do it up for you though.

Done a bunch of these fixes for people, do you have replacement brackets ordered?
                  PM sent

Thanks to all who responded, hopefully the ole' pig will be on the road again soon.
                  -Michael
                  2001 Silverstone Metallic XJ Limited - TJ Moabs, Grabbers, 3" lift, RC trackbar, etc. - SOLD
                  2001 DHG Mustang Bullitt - 5.3 4v stroker, Comp Cams, VMP TVS, T56, Built IRS, etc...
                  702rwhp/684rwtq

Comment

Hey man not sure if you got my PM or not, but I got the parts today and would love to have you burn em in for me. Next week is fine, please just either PM me or shoot me a text when you get this; I left my number in the PM.

Like I said I'd love to have someone experienced do it, but if you are too busy i need to try and nail down something else. Driving a blown mustang everyday and waking up all my neighbors in the AM is less than desirable, LOL!
                    -Michael
                    702rwhp/684rwtq

Comment

I have a welder inwesthaven
                      2000 xj 4.5 clayton longarms with wontons with a touch of
                      97' zj
                      2012 surbra imperza DD
                      im a motivation machine like the hammer and sickle in communism

Comment

Originally posted by Bullitt4113 View Post
                        Hey man not sure if you got my PM or not, but I got the parts today and would love to have you burn em in for me. Next week is fine, please just either PM me or shoot me a text when you get this; I left my number in the PM.

Like I said I'd love to have someone experienced do it, but if you are too busy i need to try and nail down something else. Driving a blown mustang everyday and waking up all my neighbors in the AM is less than desirable, LOL!
                        just responded to your PM, never had a chance yesterday from my computer.
                        No worries, I'm not actually back, I'm just reminiscing about the old days.

ForSure Motorsports
                        Win or Lose, We Booze.

Vice President of Internal Affairs at Dirty Donny's House of Hookers

Comment

just responded to your PM, never had a chance yesterday from my computer.
                          Thanks man, no worries. Sent another PM. Again, thanks to all who offered their services
                          -Michael
                          702rwhp/684rwtq

Comment

Wire up 3 car batteries and get some jumper cables. Done.

Comment

Originally posted by CSaddict View Post
                              Wire up 3 car batteries and get some jumper cables. Done.
                              Hahha sounds safe to me!
                              -Michael
                              702rwhp/684rwtq

Comment

Working...
                              X