question for a couple of you MTB guys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• question for a couple of you MTB guys

does anyone know if i buy this frame for my gf can i run the fork/wheels/components from the bike i got from pete?

this frame
    http://www.nashbar.com/bikes/Product...40_-1___202388

these parts, everything except frame obviously
    http://sisoffroad.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17364
    I drive a Datsun

or know of any small MTB frames for sale?
    I drive a Datsun

Comment

Depends on the head tube length for the fork. The crown may be too short. Also if I remember correctly the crown came in different widths, meaning that the headset may not work. Bottom bracket and crank from mine are old school being a square fitting rather than splined, , may still be able to get one tho.

Haven't looked at mtb stuff in awhile, but I remember a lot of it being pretty specific sizes, lengths, fittings, etc. nor do I remember what size everything is.
      P8R

2012 Honda Accord - For DD/MPG Porpoises - Cooper Tire: Count on Cooper
      2014 Granite Crystal WK2 Limited - Nitto Tire: Fueled by Enthusiasts

Poontang Pro 300EX 42" - For lawn porpoises
      OG KOT #4736 Semper Sky Rock Racing/Standardbred Racing Designs 15.5 HP Turbo-Cool Craftsman, 6 Spd w/ crawl box, fat turf treads, Custom paint, and a red onzie

Comment

Definitely check what peter said. As long as the steering tube on that fork is long enough itll work. Headsets are usually pretty universal except for a few oddballs but most likely itll work. Bottom brackets vary between like 68 or 73 mm and different shaft widths(giggity). Definitely get new cables, they are cheap enough. Check pricepoint for frames too. Front derailleur mount may be different along with the seatpost.
        Last edited by crosbike; 10-09-2013, 08:29 PM.

Comment

http://www.pricepoint.com/Brand/Sett...tail-Frame.axd

Comment

Looks like most parts won't swap over. Gunna be different seat post. Bottom bracket, steerer tube length you would need all new cables and a different front derailure due to seat tube size.

That would be a can of worms. But on the flip side I get great used bikes in all the time And I can hand out some rippin deals on new ones. Shoot me a pm with roughly what your looking for and how much $$ you want to spend
            -98 XJ 4.5" lift , 35's, trimmed, locked, geared, flexy
            -14 Subaru STI hatch Stage 2ish
            -54 Dodge Power wagon M-37
            -57 GMC Pickup
            -Tim (OIIIIIO)

Comment

Would the frame alex posted work? Ill looking for any cheap frame I can swap everything to, the current frame would be perfect if she could fit it haha. I figure ill keep it and build it up single speed once I finish one for her. PM you later once I'm home
              I drive a Datsun

Comment

Working...
              X