Neck/Back issues anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neck/Back issues anyone?

Anyone here have any back/neck issues ever? Doctor wants me to get (epidural?) injections in my spine. I'm not sure how I feel about this. Anyone ever have this, experience this?
    HOONIGAN FOR LIFE
    OLD 4X4'S NEVER DIE!!!!!

Dont be a pussy
    Originally posted by HitItWithSomeSpeed
    didnt this thread start with Jon being gay? what happened to that?
    Originally posted by Lawn Guyland
    he's still gay we've just moved on to more important issues
    Originally posted by Zullius Caesar
    i grab dude's junk all the time, doesn't make me gay.

Comment

I'm not afraid of having it done. I just don't know of anyone that has had this done, if its worth it, and affective. 3 different doctors said surgery is out of the question because of where the problem is, surgery would cause further/worse issues.
      HOONIGAN FOR LIFE
      OLD 4X4'S NEVER DIE!!!!!

Comment

Had some lower back problems a couple years ago. Went to a standing work station rather than sitting at my desk, layed on my stomach at home when watching tv and basically didn't bend or sit when I didn't have to. Also got massages every two weeks to loosen the muscles. Did this for about 12 months and as long as I keep doing my exercises I haven't had any further trouble. I got lucky I caught mine early.

Comment

Was rearended sitting at a redlight on my gixxer few years back and I got injections, two were the ones they do right in the office. First one worked for about 2 weeks, then back to norm, 2nd time nothing, third time they did it under xray. that one lasted a couple weeks but I was a little sketched out. I could still feel my legs so I wouldn't be real worried lol. Getting better from the shots? Nope, they just mask the pain for a little bit.

Comment

I'm going in for my third back surgery October 1st. I have had 4 injections in my back and none of them worked. That being said I know many people that have had the injections and completely changed their life for the better and prevented surgery.

Comment

one of the doctors in my office gives epidural spinal injections. it's true though that they wont necessarily solve your problem, they're good for temporary pain relief though and are pretty harmless. if you can't get the surgery it might be worth trying.

Comment

My father goes for them all the time, its temp relief, eventually they stop working. Try them, but find a doctor to get to the root of the problem

Comment

yea injections of any time are short term relief. I went to a chiropractor for a while to help get everything back in line and do some specialized exercises. The thing that helped the most though was altering my habits - ie. consciously sitting up straighter, sleeping with a pillow between my knees, lifting with my legs not my back, and stretching
                  '95 Cherokee on 4.5" Frankenlift, 5-speed, 33" MTZs, and a shit load of miles

Comment

I have cervical spine issues at C6 and C7. After last years car accident I was almost immobilized, went for months of PT, 1 injection (worked for 4 days), and landed on something called dry needling. In a nut shell, it's deep muscle acupuncture that forces the muscles surrounding the problem area to over work, exhaust themselves, and relax. In 15 minutes I had relief that I haven't felt in over a year. I was told by the woman who did the needling that people live with what I have going on without paying any mind to it if stretching and strengthening are done.

Part of that treatment was an evaluation of posture and habits as dukie mentioned. Also, try stretching every chance you can. PT helped teach me how to do it the right way.

Comment

my wife has had dry needling done to her knee (has full knee replacement) as part of her therapy. Shit looks painful
                      '95 Cherokee on 4.5" Frankenlift, 5-speed, 33" MTZs, and a shit load of miles

Comment

My father Is 3 inches shorter than he used to be because of the amount of back surgeries he has had. Like yourself physical labor and running machines did his back in over the years. Also did alot of hoonin in his younger days. Two weeks ago he had the epidural shots in his neck and back. He has felt a lot better since then. What exactly is the issue with yours back?

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
                          I'm going in for my third back surgery October 1st. I have had 4 injections in my back and none of them worked. That being said I know many people that have had the injections and completely changed their life for the better and prevented surgery.
                          yeah...big X2

pretty much a crapshoot...depends on the dr. how good they are...
                          99 XJ on tons and 40s....

Comment

I just left my doctors office he wants me to do the injection as well. I'd rather not. But it always seems like 3 hours of fun ends up with a whole day of pain after.
                            Dizz dizz go sleep sleep

Driver 4677 FSM vehicle

Comment

Do the injection man. If it doesn't work nothing lost but some time but if it does it'll save you a lot more pain and suffering later on.

Comment

Working...
                              X