Fix hench's jeep thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fix hench's jeep thread!

Everyone on this forum has 1 week to get their asses to his house and fix that thing. Times a tickin!!!
    I drive a Datsun

Hench, tell us of your woes.
    sigpic
    Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

I've explained my shit 49 times. I understand everyone had their own shit to do but I really do need help. I cannot figure out my jeep. It's fucking stupid
      Hench

ATM anyone?

Comment

21 views, 3 replies. 2 being me. Awesome.
        Hench

ATM anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by Henchman View Post
          I've explained my shit 49 times.
          if i were you i'd make it 50, in detail, in this thread

no ones gonna go searching

someone with some knowledge lend this guy a hand
          - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
          or am asians pants not a read end lol.
          Originally posted by DizzDizz
          aliens probed my husband

Comment

Thank you god. There is someone decent in the world. I did everything I could/know how to
            Hench

ATM anyone?

Comment

soo are you gonna explain the problem / already attempted solutions ?
              - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
              or am asians pants not a read end lol.
              Originally posted by DizzDizz
              aliens probed my husband

Comment

Problem is : The jeep starts when it wants. One day I can go out there, turn the key and it fires up. Another day I can go out to start it and allot will do is crank and crank and crank.
                One day I drove it to work, after work when I went to leave, I want to start it and nothing. Dillon came to take a look and we pulled a plug. No spark.

What I've done/replaced parts : MAP sensor, o2s, cat, plugs, wires, cap, rotor, distributor, CAM sensor, coolant temp sensor.

Also I've checked the entire fuel system as well, fuel filter, pump, lines, injectors etc

I believe my next attempt is the alternator but I don't just want to replace it if it isn't bad
                Hench

ATM anyone?

Comment

What about your CPS or coil? Im not to sure cause im not good at diognosing shit but that might be a problem, or a loose connection somewhere or dirty ground. Ill come by Sunday if I find some time, I wicked busy with work and getting my jeep ready.
                  -Caleb

Crawl Daddy Champion 2011

1999 XJ 4 inchs of lift or so, 35s and some other stuff.

Comment

CPS and coil are new and good. Ive been told the same thing numerous times. Likewise I am not good at this shit...Hence why I need a hand
                    Hench

ATM anyone?

Comment

It's a bad ground I said it 80 times in the last thread.
                      Dizz dizz go sleep sleep

Driver 4677 FSM vehicle

Comment

How new is new with the coil? Ginger said the same thing and that ended up being the problem with his black jeep anyway. Does Dillon have the coil from his XJ that you can try? If it's no spark, it's either coil, bad cap/rotor (check the contacts, put some dielectric grease on them), or a bad ground. I'd poke around with the coil first though.
                        2000 XJ: "The Black Jeep"
                        MK2 Jetta > M3
                        Chairman of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

Intermittent no spark caused by a coil is usually only when hot. They typically work when cold and wont restart hot.
                          Dizzy may be right. You need to OHM out the ground to the pcm first, then the other relevant grounds. Basically go down the line and check everything.
                          Im not sure if I have time tomorrow. I have to see what I get done today, and sitting in my A/C on the computer isnt helping. As long as Im done with my own stuff Ill take a ride out there. If I dont make it and someone else is out there and needs info let me know. I can get all the schematics from all data.
                          Dan.
                          2000 XJ, BJ 60 front, welded, 5.13's, 3 link, ruffstuff heims. D70 rear, detroit, 5.13's, discs. stretched. trail ready beadlocks. 39" Red labels. 4:1 Klune V-drive/D20, PSC full hydro

http://www.facebook.com/people/Dan-M...00000913365979
                          www.DMROFFROAD.com

Comment

Oh, and has it ever stalled? or is it only a random no start?
                            Dan.
                            2000 XJ, BJ 60 front, welded, 5.13's, 3 link, ruffstuff heims. D70 rear, detroit, 5.13's, discs. stretched. trail ready beadlocks. 39" Red labels. 4:1 Klune V-drive/D20, PSC full hydro

http://www.facebook.com/people/Dan-M...00000913365979
                            www.DMROFFROAD.com

Comment

All those parts and you haven't checked power from the ASD relay or coil voltage power to the ASD.

Comment

Working...
                              X