I needz help. Jeep helpz.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I needz help. Jeep helpz.

So. In true Jeep fashion, the dubb girl decided she didn't want to have working AC anymore in the middle of this retarded heat wave.

I'm guessing/assuming it is the blower motor because nothing comes out of the vents, regardless of temp or speed. You can feel it ever so slightly when you are doing highway speeds

Will is super duper busy with a crazy amount of deadlines and unfortunately we haven't had a chance to even look at it and confirm the issue.

Does anyone have some free time that they can help me out? I'm sure Will and I can take a look and confirm it's the blower motor first before anyone helps us out. I can throw some cash your way, get you dinner, beer, booze, whatever you like. Even cookies! Or brownies...

Please let me know! Trying in and out of New Haven without AC has been a nightmare.

Oh, and posting this in shenans so it gets seen.

Gracias!!!!!!
    mrs. heavymetal from jeepforum
    2022 JL Rubicon

Originally posted by hoggie101
    and everyone qute dis because its the best grammer im going to have all year

I'm down to help for baked good, but I've never pulled the dash out of a WJ before...I have plenty of free time and can help anyone that would know what they are doing.
    sigpic
    Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo Phil View Post
      I've never pulled the dash out of a WJ before...
      It's a blast
      P8R

2012 Honda Accord - For DD/MPG Porpoises - Cooper Tire: Count on Cooper
      2014 Granite Crystal WK2 Limited - Nitto Tire: Fueled by Enthusiasts

Poontang Pro 300EX 42" - For lawn porpoises
      OG KOT #4736 Semper Sky Rock Racing/Standardbred Racing Designs 15.5 HP Turbo-Cool Craftsman, 6 Spd w/ crawl box, fat turf treads, Custom paint, and a red onzie

Comment

Originally posted by Pedro View Post
        It's a blast
        I'm sure it's nothing like pulling the dash off my XJ...
        sigpic
        Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

Let Andrew chime in, he's done it on my dads WJ, but did a heater core.
          P8R

OG KOT #4736 Semper Sky Rock Racing/Standardbred Racing Designs 15.5 HP Turbo-Cool Craftsman, 6 Spd w/ crawl box, fat turf treads, Custom paint, and a red onzie

Comment

oh i forgot to mention, it can be done at anytime. just need a heads up so i can leave my car here and take another car to work
            mrs. heavymetal from jeepforum
            2022 JL Rubicon

Originally posted by hoggie101
            and everyone qute dis because its the best grammer im going to have all year

Comment

And do you know if your blend door was ever fixed? VERY common issue on wjs
              P8R

Comment

it is my understanding that a blend door issue results in fan blowing but nothing coming out of the vents

right now the fan does not turn on whatsoever, but we get cool stagnant air out of the vents from the AC

i have done 0 troubleshooting due to time as nicole said
                - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
                or am asians pants not a read end lol.
                Originally posted by DizzDizz
                aliens probed my husband

Comment

based on what your finding it sounds like blower motor or switch. if it was the resister it would work on high. if it were the AC compressor or AC system at all it would still blow. the blend doors just switch the temperature but still blows as well. just confirming what you've noticed. good eye brian (props to who knows what that's from)
                  Last edited by Burton58; 07-17-2013, 08:11 PM.
                  I drive a Datsun

Comment

I just saying that if you have the dash apart, do the blend door too.
                    P8R

Comment

Originally posted by Burton58 View Post
                      based on what your finding it sounds like blower motor or switch. if it was the resister it would work on high. if it were the AC compressor or AC system at all it would still blow. good eye brian (props to who knows what that's from)
                      regan
                      - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
                      or am asians pants not a read end lol.
                      Originally posted by DizzDizz
                      aliens probed my husband

Comment

I drive a Datsun

Comment

http://wjjeeps.com/blower_motor.htm

Just found this for you too...
                          P8R

Comment

We can drive the geo's up and fix it!

Comment

If its just a blower motor you can replace it in 15 minutes. it drops out of the bottom of the heater box with 3 screws. No need to pull the dash. sounds like its just a bad blower motor. If you can jump power to the blower and it still doesnt turn on, its gonna be the blower. Just make sure it isnt a fuse or something stupid.

and you are getting cool stagnant air through the vents because its just air coming in from the outside. You prob don't feel it until you are at speed.

97 TJ that I think is pretty neat.

Comment

Working...
                              X