Music @ Work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Music @ Work

How many of you listen to music while you work?

I find that if I don't, I have the attention span of a gerbil and can't get anything done. But once I put on some 90s Alternative on Pandora, I start banging keys like nobody's business.

And on the plus side, I get to avoid all the other office noises.

Originally posted by Nick View Post
    How many of you listen to music while you work?

I find that if I don't, I have the attention span of a gerbil and can't get anything done. But once I put on some 90s Alternative on Pandora, I start banging keys like nobody's business.

And on the plus side, I get to avoid all the other office noises.
    my headphones are always on...unless im on the phone or in a meeting

i use iheartradio for the most part
    mrs. heavymetal from jeepforum
    2022 JL Rubicon

Originally posted by hoggie101
    and everyone qute dis because its the best grammer im going to have all year

Comment

I have to have music. If not I just start to space out. I can go for quite a while too lol.
      Dan.
      2000 XJ, BJ 60 front, welded, 5.13's, 3 link, ruffstuff heims. D70 rear, detroit, 5.13's, discs. stretched. trail ready beadlocks. 39" Red labels. 4:1 Klune V-drive/D20, PSC full hydro

http://www.facebook.com/people/Dan-M...00000913365979
      www.DMROFFROAD.com

Comment

always listen to music at my desk quiet enough for only me to hear... until 4 and then the volume goes up for the last hour
        2005 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
        1945 Willys-Overland CJ2A

Comment

We listen to a mix on Pandora on the assembly sideand the shop side has spotify
          -Caleb

Crawl Daddy Champion 2011

1999 XJ 4 inchs of lift or so, 35s and some other stuff.

Comment

i blast either cd's, pandora or ipod all day
            I drive a Datsun

Comment

We have Sirius xm in the shop as well as my tool box stereo where we listen to my ITunes or pandora. But we have to have something playing.
              Dizz dizz go sleep sleep

Driver 4677 FSM vehicle

Comment

beach boys all day at the pool for the lifeguard!
                Hack Shack Racing #4632 Jeep TJ

Comment

since i'm outside landscaping all day i'm always listening to music
                  98 XJ RIP
                  05 WRX
                  16 Legacy

Originally posted by Burton58
                  Ewwww jersey sucks i'm not going

Comment

If it were up to me, I wouldn't listen to anything, but at my shop I have to listen to shitty country from the 1970s and even shittier music from the 60s...and it's the same old shit on Pandora every day because Jon at my work 'thumbs down' every other fucking song so I actually think it is running out of songs for us.

When I'm at work by myself, there is no music, just the sweet sounds of electric motors humming.
                    sigpic
                    Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

We used to, but our employees .... cough cough...... started thinking we were in the business of having rock concerts everyday, so between running over and playing with
                      Pandora between every song to playing it insensibly loud. We have since banned radio activity in the shop.

I'm weird though, when I listen to nothing i can focus better and get way more done, without a doubt. I usually lose my mind and start singing to myself, but it's all good. I find that when I listen to country, I space out and get nothing done. The opposite for EDM though, i can crank stuff out with a beat behind me, but only for so long.
                      No worries, I'm not actually back, I'm just reminiscing about the old days.

ForSure Motorsports
                      Win or Lose, We Booze.

Vice President of Internal Affairs at Dirty Donny's House of Hookers

Comment

sigpic
                        Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

my employer does not allow such fun. no music or headphones or cellphones or anything enjoyable allowed whatsoever
                          -00 XJ. 3.5", 33s. Stuff
                          https://www.facebook.com/M3TALurgist
                          I Love Scott Decker and Erik Miller
                          -Ian

"Blood makes you related, Loyalty makes you family"

Comment

no music...no work
                            Originally posted by HitItWithSomeSpeed
                            didnt this thread start with Jon being gay? what happened to that?
                            Originally posted by Lawn Guyland
                            he's still gay we've just moved on to more important issues
                            Originally posted by Zullius Caesar
                            i grab dude's junk all the time, doesn't make me gay.

Comment

I don't listen to anything while at work. I tried it for a while, but with people stopping by my desk all the time and going from meeting to meeting it just seemed to be a hassle. I can't work in the garage at home without music though.

Comment

Working...
                              X