Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I've been a busy bee this macro monday...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've been a busy bee this macro monday...

Notice on the dragonfly there are 2 parasitic mites on its underside.

Portrait

sigpic
    Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

love macro mondays

97 TJ that I think is pretty neat.

Comment

this is awesome! except for the fact that I was attacked by a ginormus dragonfly earlier this evening. Fuck those evil bastards

I think this was the most colorful macro Monday set too, you're good at these.

Freelance for Bugs'nShit magazine??
      No worries, I'm not actually back, I'm just reminiscing about the old days.

ForSure Motorsports
      Win or Lose, We Booze.

Vice President of Internal Affairs at Dirty Donny's House of Hookers

Comment

Yeah, it's nice to once in a while to not run across a green or brown bug that doesn't have a leaf for a backdrop.

I was really happy to come across that blue dragonfly because he was nice enough to just sit there for a good 10 minutes without moving. After I took a bunch of pictures I touched it just to make sure he was still alive and he just buzzed off like nothing was wrong.
        sigpic

Comment

That last one looks like an old man
          P8R

2012 Honda Accord - For DD/MPG Porpoises - Cooper Tire: Count on Cooper
          2014 Granite Crystal WK2 Limited - Nitto Tire: Fueled by Enthusiasts

Poontang Pro 300EX 42" - For lawn porpoises
          OG KOT #4736 Semper Sky Rock Racing/Standardbred Racing Designs 15.5 HP Turbo-Cool Craftsman, 6 Spd w/ crawl box, fat turf treads, Custom paint, and a red onzie

Comment

When is the cicada ingestion begining
            Don't Panic

Comment

It happened in Jersey, no idea when it is suppose to start around here. They didn't show up when they were suppose to but I have heard a few cicadas chirping in various areas. I heard a few yesterday when taking these pics, too bad they aren't in out in droves yet.
              Last edited by Buffalo Phil; 07-16-2013, 08:34 AM.
              sigpic

Comment

They were out here a couple of weeks ago. I wanted to punch a baby lol.
                Dizz dizz go sleep sleep

Driver 4677 FSM vehicle

Comment

a cicada hit me in the head while wheeling 2 weeks ago. they were fucking everywhere i hate them
                  I drive a Datsun

Comment

In your professional opinion, should we expect droves as the left winged commie bastards predict
                    Don't Panic

Comment

they don't migrate they just come out of the ground. sections down here were absolutely covered in millions of them. i think wooded areas are at the greatest risk
                      I drive a Datsun

Comment

Apparently Jersey and New York got the worst of it this year, there won't be any massive invasions in Fairfield county or the surrounding towns it seems. The Magicicada brood just isn't around here it seems. Fairfield county just has small pockets of annual cicadas that come and go but they don't appear in droves.

So if you haven't seen an cicadas, you probably wont see them and if you have seen them, you aren't going to see them for another 17 years...

Oh well...
                        Last edited by Buffalo Phil; 07-16-2013, 08:55 PM.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Burton58 View Post
                          they don't migrate they just come out of the ground. sections down here were absolutely covered in millions of them. i think wooded areas are at the greatest risk
                          Are you saying coconuts migrate?
                          P8R

2012 Honda Accord - For DD/MPG Porpoises - Cooper Tire: Count on Cooper
                          2014 Granite Crystal WK2 Limited - Nitto Tire: Fueled by Enthusiasts

Poontang Pro 300EX 42" - For lawn porpoises
                          OG KOT #4736 Semper Sky Rock Racing/Standardbred Racing Designs 15.5 HP Turbo-Cool Craftsman, 6 Spd w/ crawl box, fat turf treads, Custom paint, and a red onzie

Comment

Originally posted by Pedro View Post
                            Are you saying coconuts migrate?
                            not at all, they could be carried
                            I drive a Datsun

Comment

Working...
                            X