Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A little small claims court, some body work and a can of paint..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A little small claims court, some body work and a can of paint..

The gears are turning in my head. Not very quickly though cuz i dont know jackshit about body work

so i wanna take the girl who hit the RS to small claims..no secret there. My damage is worth 1100 bucks or so, as i was quoted, for body repair and paint blending and all.

What if

I were to just have the body repaired, dent and shit taken out.

and then

repaint this car.

I never wanted silver, dont like silver, i think its kinda boring. The price was right so i just bought it for the deal it was.

Does anyone here paint with a gun/booth or know someone who does a good job? And have an estimate of what something like this would cost? (both DIY and shop for painting) Id be willing to entertain the idea of repairing just the body, then maybe repainting the car afterwards some way. I know a shop will charge an arm and a leg, at least im pretty sure. It aint a ferrari so i dont need it to be showroom spec (aka i dont give a fawk if shit like the inside of the trunk arent painted, underside of the hood so on), but presentable obviously, i do like the car looking nice. i figure if they need to basically reblend my doors and 1/4 panel anyway now, maybe this is worth thinking about.

Knowledge initiate.
    - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
    or am asians pants not a read end lol.
    Originally posted by DizzDizz
    aliens probed my husband

you are gonna pay atleast 300 at a place like macco IF you do ALL the prep work yourself. They arent gonna have runs and sags in the paint, but like you said, they wont do door jams, trunk, ect.

If you were to do it yourself, you could rent a booth or something for maybe 20 bucks an hour. Im not saying im an expert at painting cars but I know I could paint a car and make it look halfway decent.

Comment

i am Really wary of places like maaco, just cuz of stuff ive heard as far as longevity. ive heard people with bad experience, and people with surprisingly good experience, but not sure id risk it.

ive never painted with a gun before ever
      - Will

aliens probed my husband

Comment

I know somebody that paints out of their garage in their backyard. He does really nice work. Don't know what hes gonna charge but I could ask him for you if you'd like. Would you want all of the body work done and repaint the whole car?
        Hench

ATM anyone?

Comment

Yes id like this dent/scrub on the side of my car removed, its on the rear door and 1/4 panel..not sure if all through the same person though, depends.

ask him, itd be nice for me to have ballpark ideas from any angle i can work this, if i did go ahead and repaint it.
          - Will

aliens probed my husband

Comment

expensive. and if your like me you probably are gonna be less happy with a car with differnt color door jams everytime u get in and not that great paint job to look at everyday rather than a good paint job that matches but isnt your first choice in color
            2 tj's
            3 yj's
            2 xj's
            i'm a jeep whore

"id walk 6 hours one way to suck a fart out of megan fox's ass"

Comment

meh.

my paint is currently less than ideal, hell, its barely "good" when you get up close to it, but i wouldnt put some laameco paint job on it. if anything, i'd get it repainted factory color.

and if you get RBP i would

Comment

RBP would be the plan

really have no idea overall..i just figure while i get this work done, maybe its worth factoring in
                - Will

aliens probed my husband

Comment

painting a car ( or jet ) is 90% prep work. If you prepare it for paint good, it will look good. Paint a car is a lot easier than painting a jet. Its all technique, something that almost anyone could do with a quick 30 minute lesson. If you are afraid to do it yourself, I would go have a private party paint it, and go with them and watch them and learn from em, and maybe ask if you could spray the primer or something and get the hang of it.

Comment

painting a car is nothing like painting a fucking jet or any kind of aircraft. or i dunno maybe the air force paints shit completely different than the marines.

yea anyone could paint your car will, pay me ill come over and paint it. Katies brother use to paint cars and I spent more than 30 mins around this. I should open up my own body shop now. good money in it.

I have never seen a macco paint job come out good or last any length of time... always looks like orange peels and flakes after awhile.

Id let mike and the air force paint shop paint my shit before i let macco
                    You better decide if you are hanging on the cross, or banging in the nails

Comment

paint is fucking expensive nowadays. just fyi
                      P8R

2012 Honda Accord - For DD/MPG Porpoises - Cooper Tire: Count on Cooper
                      2014 Granite Crystal WK2 Limited - Nitto Tire: Fueled by Enthusiasts

Poontang Pro 300EX 42" - For lawn porpoises
                      OG KOT #4736 Semper Sky Rock Racing/Standardbred Racing Designs 15.5 HP Turbo-Cool Craftsman, 6 Spd w/ crawl box, fat turf treads, Custom paint, and a red onzie

Comment

dont do macco they blend the clear coat in with the color itself....doesnt come out as nice....if youre going to do it, do it right

97 TJ that I think is pretty neat.

Comment

I painted my Jeep all by myself. I used Krylon. It wasn't that hard.

Comment

Why don't you like silver?

I've had silver cars before and i love the color, it looks good and hides sratches/dirt very well.

Comment

i've done body work a couple times before and every time it came out really well. i actually did all the body work on a beat-up camaro sophomore year of high school. i haven't done it in a while though and i'd be alittle hesitant to do it on a car that didn't come from a junkyard. even though it came out real good before don't really have any professional experience.
                              i've painted before in a booth, its quite simple really. set all your pressures, set your feed, keep the gun about 2 feet from the body, steady, even sweeping motions. painting really isn't that hard. if you can spray paint things and make them look good and even you can paint a car. wet sanding for clear isn't hard but you just need to be careful and take your time. thats the most important thing with body work, take your time and do it right.
                              No worries, I'm not actually back, I'm just reminiscing about the old days.

ForSure Motorsports
                              Win or Lose, We Booze.

Vice President of Internal Affairs at Dirty Donny's House of Hookers

Comment

Working...
                              X