Looking for opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for opinions

A friend of mine is looking at purchasing an 07-08 Wrangler. She said some people have been telling her not to bother because they have boat loads of issues. I don't know enough about the JKs to give her any useful information so i turn to you guys. What should she be looking out for in buying the early years of the Jk?

I have heard the early 3.8's had problems and lacked power but I cannot elaborate other than that. My buddy Joe on here bought an 07 Rubicon awhile back though and it has 0 issues
    I drive a Datsun

Comment

On paper the 3.8 puts out ok power, in actual application is feels a little gutless. The 3.6 in the newer ones is supposedly way better. It was a proven minivan engine, but a few of the first ones in JK's blew up or did funny things. I dont think it was any more than any other car manufacturer/ new applicaiton though. If the Jeep has made it this far and hasnt had any problems, then it is probably ok.

Some JK's came with great warranty/protection plans (like bumper to bumper 10+ year). I would look to find one that is still covered on one of the longer warranties if you can. Some Jeep dealerships were Rhino lining the undersides after TJ owners complanined of how their wranglers rotted. Living in New England, I would definitly want one already bedlined underneath.

Some of the early automatics had transmission issues, but I think there was a recall to fix or replace them.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeep Creep View Post
        She said some people have been telling her not to bother because they have boat loads of issues.
        "My co-workers daughter told me that Jeeps roll over all the time so i shouldnt get one"

sounds like the typical stuff, lol
        - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
        or am asians pants not a read end lol.
        Originally posted by DizzDizz
        aliens probed my husband

Comment

Working...
        X