Is Dodge the Next Brand to Die?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Dodge the Next Brand to Die?

Rumors have been increasing out of Detroit that Chrysler is planning to let Dodge die off. Evidence to support this claim includes the rebadging of the truck lines as standalone Ram models, the redbadging of Viper to an SRT vehicle, the elimination of the Grand Caravan, and the eventual demise of the Durango and Avenger.

That would leave Dodge with the Dart, essentially an Alfa Romeo that isn't selling well, the Challenger, which is expected to be replaced with an SRT Barracuda at some point down the line, and the Charger, which has a twin in the Chrysler 300.

Thoughts on this?

Unfortunate. I have always associated the name Dodge as a strong car-brand name.

They have made some pretty bold niche branding moves though to SRT and RAM which has weakened that.
    - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
    or am asians pants not a read end lol.
    Originally posted by DizzDizz
    aliens probed my husband

Comment

One can only hope.

Comment

love the idea of a Cuda. i saw a grand caravan the other day that was badged as a ram. not sure if someone was messing with badges? either way i don't see it as a loss besides the namesake if they scrap dodge
        I drive a Datsun

Comment

Originally posted by Burton58 View Post
          love the idea of a Cuda. i saw a grand caravan the other day that was badged as a ram. not sure if someone was messing with badges? either way i don't see it as a loss besides the namesake if they scrap dodge
          Seen those too, I think they rebadge them as ram when selling them as a commercial vehicle. Probably a stripped down model.
          P8R

2012 Honda Accord - For DD/MPG Porpoises - Cooper Tire: Count on Cooper
          2014 Granite Crystal WK2 Limited - Nitto Tire: Fueled by Enthusiasts

Poontang Pro 300EX 42" - For lawn porpoises
          OG KOT #4736 Semper Sky Rock Racing/Standardbred Racing Designs 15.5 HP Turbo-Cool Craftsman, 6 Spd w/ crawl box, fat turf treads, Custom paint, and a red onzie

Comment

Originally posted by Pedro View Post
            Seen those too, I think they rebadge them as ram when selling them as a commercial vehicle. Probably a stripped down model.
            This.

Originally posted by Burton58 View Post
            Cuda would probably be a slimmed down and tightened up challenger to compete with mustang and camaro

Comment

Originally posted by Nick View Post
              This.

Cuda would probably be a slimmed down and tightened up challenger to compete with mustang and camaro
              hopefully
              I drive a Datsun

Comment

I've seen those ram caravans before, although they were just the commercial models. It would be sad to see Dodge go, especially since I've owned 5 of them. Wonder what they would do with the Dart? New Chrysler 200 maybe?
                1998 XJ.....Finally.
                1997 ZJ 4.0L....The wife's ride.

...And I'm a Mac

Comment

- Will

Originally posted by fizzy
                  or am asians pants not a read end lol.
                  Originally posted by DizzDizz
                  aliens probed my husband

Comment

Ban the troll
                    I drive a Datsun

Comment

If Dodge dies, I will be le sad.
                      sigpic
                      Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

When i was working for Chrysler the rumor that we heard from the tech trainers was that the reason they made Ram into its own name was so that they would keep that and jeep in production and eventually kill off Chrysler/Dodge due to poor sales.The Ram trucks and the Jeeps were the only thing that really sold well where i was working.

Comment

Working...
                        X