Does this sound right??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does this sound right??

So my old shop asked me to come in and flat rate a job for them. Injectors on a hino box truck. I quoted them six hours. I get there this morning the shop is a mess. Broke. Trucks everywhere, they say ill e working in the back bay. Ok I go in there, and there is a tractor with no wheels and tires on it or brakes. So I tell my father I'm going home cause there is nowhere for me to work on the truck. He says just put the tractor back together. I do all the breaks and put TE wheels on it move it(it doesn't run) and then bring the other truck in( doesnt run) takes three hours total. I tell the owner he is gonna have to give me three more hours of pay for the work I did on his other shit box. He said no you quotes me 6 hours and that's what you'll get. Does that sound right?
    Dizz dizz go sleep sleep

Driver 4677 FSM vehicle

It sounds like you work for and with a bunch of morons.
    sigpic
    Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

Own fault for not making sure youd get paid for doing another job before doing it..should have just left
      Originally posted by HitItWithSomeSpeed
      didnt this thread start with Jon being gay? what happened to that?
      Originally posted by Lawn Guyland
      he's still gay we've just moved on to more important issues
      Originally posted by Zullius Caesar
      i grab dude's junk all the time, doesn't make me gay.

Comment

Was your quote for 6 hours for the specific job at hand?

If so, I dont see how he has anything to stand on. You had to complete unrelated work to fulfill a separate obligation for the client.

Sadly you'll both probably just piss in the wind arguing over it. Been in those shoes.
        - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
        or am asians pants not a read end lol.
        Originally posted by DizzDizz
        aliens probed my husband

Comment

Originally posted by HeavyMetal View Post
          Was your quote for 6 hours for the specific job at hand?

If so, I dont see how he has anything to stand on. You had to complete unrelated work to fulfill a separate obligation for the client.

Sadly you'll both probably just piss in the wind arguing over it. Been in those shoes.
          I only quoted the injector job. I told my father "better get paid for this" he said I would so I thought no biggie more money for me. But the owner of the place is such a jew. When I do side work I get 40 am hour which is a decent price. I charge him 20 an hour and he still said that was too much.
          Dizz dizz go sleep sleep

Driver 4677 FSM vehicle

Comment

Originally posted by DizzDizz View Post
            I only quoted the injector job. I told my father "better get paid for this" he said I would so I thought no biggie more money for me. But the owner of the place is such a jew. When I do side work I get 40 am hour which is a decent price. I charge him 20 an hour and he still said that was too much.
            Then stop working for him.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo Phil View Post
              This.
              Originally posted by HitItWithSomeSpeed
              didnt this thread start with Jon being gay? what happened to that?
              Originally posted by Lawn Guyland
              he's still gay we've just moved on to more important issues
              Originally posted by Zullius Caesar
              i grab dude's junk all the time, doesn't make me gay.

Comment

This.
                2005 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
                1945 Willys-Overland CJ2A

Comment

"GFY" is the only reply necessary. Your work has value, if he doesnt recognize that or intend to compensate for it, he shouldnt be interested in your services in the first place. There is always someone who will do a worse job for less that he can contact.
                  - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
                  or am asians pants not a read end lol.
                  Originally posted by DizzDizz
                  aliens probed my husband

Comment

I might just say fuck it and leave it half done. If you don't have a mechanic there that is able to do the job, then don't take on that work. My dad can do the job but he is swamped with a million other things. It's funny cause two months ago they kept telling me I was replaceable and there's ail lion mechanics looking for work. But then why haven't you hired anyone to fill my spot yet?
                    Dizz dizz go sleep sleep

Driver 4677 FSM vehicle

Comment

I keep going there cause I feel bad for my father. He is getting up there in age and shouldn't have to do these types of jobs. He needs a young gun mechanic to do the grunt work. That's kinda my Issue.
                      Dizz dizz go sleep sleep

Driver 4677 FSM vehicle

Comment

I might just say fuck it and leave it half done. If you don't have a mechanic there that is able to do the job, then don't take on that work. My dad can do the job but he is swamped with a million other things. It's funny cause two months ago they kept telling me I was replaceable and there's ail lion mechanics looking for work. But then why haven't you hired anyone to fill my spot yet?
                        To make you seem worthless and justify paying you bullshit money. They called your bluff and you still work for them for half of what you should be getting paid.

Time to walk away.

I keep going there cause I feel bad for my father. He is getting up there in age and shouldn't have to do these types of jobs. He needs a young gun mechanic to do the grunt work. That's kinda my Issue.
                        Yet you complain how you and your father do not get along at all when working together.
                        sigpic

Comment

Yet you complain how you and your father do not get along at all when working together.
                          Working 9 hours a day together then living together is tough. Here and there is another story.
                          Dizz dizz go sleep sleep

Driver 4677 FSM vehicle

Comment

Working 9 hours a day together then living together is tough. Here and there is another story.
                            although i have never "worked" with my dad he and i do not get along at all on anything, we never see eye to eye and we never have agreed on anything....in fact for him to even consider having a normal conversation it took me moving out of my parents house. so i know what youre going through right now. but honestly your dads a big boy and youre getting fucked...leave, if your pops really couldnt handle it, chances are he woulda done the same by now. i feel bad that my dad has to bust his balls to put food on the table for the rest of my family...but its his issue now, not mine...i removed my weight and now have my own problems. you should look at it the same way i think. although i dont know your situation with your father all that well. id dare say i agree with everyone else here though. youre getting it dry, just bail
                            -00 XJ. 3.5", 33s. Stuff
                            https://www.facebook.com/M3TALurgist
                            I Love Scott Decker and Erik Miller
                            -Ian

"Blood makes you related, Loyalty makes you family"

Comment

Who-ah, shit just got real.

flat rate is hard enough to figure out for a job as is, that's the good and bad thing about it of-course. you have a chance to make more money in less time, or fuck yourself.

but you shouldn't have to deal with bullshit like that, obviously someone doesn't value your time, or have any respect for your skills.

Comment

Working...
                              X