Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Attention Phil: Master and commander of all that is firearms.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attention Phil: Master and commander of all that is firearms.

I'm going to commit to buying a pistol and am torn between the Glock 19 and the Springfield XD9. I've shot a .45 Glock and a .40 XD, shotting well with both, but have yet to try the 9mm versions. Where can I go locally and try them? Never owning a pistol what do the masses of SIS think of both guns?
    Last edited by Calabrate2; 03-22-2013, 02:16 PM.
    Don't Panic

...they are dangerous and should be banned.
    Sergeant Sergeant Master Sergeant Shooter Person

MS Paint " Its like painting with a sauce covered piece of pasta".

Official In Crowd member.

Comment

Lets shoot at your d35.

Comment

I own both. I prefer the glock but I also had the hump In the back strap removed and stippeled . The xd is nice and has a great feel to it but i don't fully trust the grip safety. When the zombie apocalypse comes I don't want that safety jamming

Comment

They are both good pistols and they both go bang when you pull the trigger.
          sigpic
          Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

You can try them out at Hoffman's in Newington.

Comment

I has the XDm 9. Love it. Especially for the price
              Hench

ATM anyone?

Comment

xd45 dont be a little bitch, buy a real gun, if you going to buy a 9 to C&C buy a ruger lcp380

Comment

Ive held G19s and they are comfortable. I have a Springfield armory xds 45 and I love it. Id say go to Hoffmans, shoot a few guns and decided what you want then.
                  -Caleb

Crawl Daddy Champion 2011

1999 XJ 4 inchs of lift or so, 35s and some other stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo Phil View Post
                    They are both good pistols and they both go bang when you pull the trigger.
                    praise the all mighty and his extensive knowledge

Comment

I have the Glock 19 and have shot countless rounds through it and it has performed flawless.

Comment

Originally posted by Lumbergh View Post
                        praise the all mighty and his extensive knowledge
                        I honestly don't know what these people expect me to say.

You're buying a gun, NEAT. Both of the firearms that Trevor has listed are good pistols but he is the one that has to make the choice between the two. Do you like the feel of the Glock or the feel of the XD, because when it comes down it it, they are both almost the exact same fucking gun, except one has a grip safety and the other doesn't.

Neither guns are actually made in this country, the Glock is made in Austria and the Springfield XD is made in Croatia. Shoot the guns and see which one tickles your balls the best then buy it. Dave said Hoffman's rents guns, so go there and try them both out.
                        Last edited by Buffalo Phil; 03-23-2013, 04:26 PM.
                        sigpic
                        Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

Originally posted by Bigbike View Post
                          Ive held G19s and they are comfortable. I have a Springfield armory xds 45 and I love it. Id say go to Hoffmans, shoot a few guns and decided what you want then.
                          How is the xds?
                          Hench

ATM anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by Henchman View Post
                            How is the xds?
                            I want one after seeing Calebs. That thing is sweet. I really like the XD's in general too.
                            Dan.
                            2000 XJ, BJ 60 front, welded, 5.13's, 3 link, ruffstuff heims. D70 rear, detroit, 5.13's, discs. stretched. trail ready beadlocks. 39" Red labels. 4:1 Klune V-drive/D20, PSC full hydro

http://www.facebook.com/people/Dan-M...00000913365979
                            www.DMROFFROAD.com

Comment

XDs have wide grips, only complaint

Comment

Working...
                              X