Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RC crawlers

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXCBLS&P=0
    To the guys know about these.. What do you think of this one?

dont know much about the ridgecrest. i personaly like the scx-10 and Wraith.
    98 xj, 4.0, AW4, 231 AA SYE, 4.5"RE/RC, CA drop brackets, 33s, and some other stuff

Comment

The Ridgecrest is a very awesome truck, it's basically a high-speed crawler with wraith axles, I'm more into scale crawling personally, so I prefer the SCX10 and Wraith, stick with axial though they wont let ya down!

Just got new shocks in my scx

Also if you have the money it's better to build it from the kit then it is to purchase one ready to run, the kits come with better hardware.

Or get a ready to run like i did and upgrade to aluminum links atleast

Comment

^this Axial makes great products. i have a wraith showing up this after noon
        98 xj, 4.0, AW4, 231 AA SYE, 4.5"RE/RC, CA drop brackets, 33s, and some other stuff

Comment

RC Madness in Enfield has Scaler comps all the time. Not my thing but the guys seem to really enjoy it.

Comment

Twin Hammers 1.9 Rock Racer RTR

This guy is brand new and a lot of people love it already.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ooCTOKOml4k[/ame]

http://www.horizonhobby.com/products...r-rtr-VTR03000
            Sergeant Sergeant Master Sergeant Shooter Person

MS Paint " Its like painting with a sauce covered piece of pasta".

Official In Crowd member.

Comment

i like the twin hammers, but the ifs kills me, its a go fast, not so much a crawler

Comment

heres my buggy...

and also building another one...

and awesome motor/dig unit combo...

the ridgecrest is a nice rig but for the money Tom...youd be better off with the wraith...way faster, better crawling and just all around badass! you wont be disappointed, but if you went with the scx-10...parts are cheaper and tons of awesome inexpensive upgrades
                99 XJ on tons and 40s....

Comment

Originally posted by StompJrKz400 View Post
                  i like the twin hammers, but the ifs kills me, its a go fast, not so much a crawler
                  Well then if I must took my own horn the Gmade R1 is awesome.

Its a lot like a twin Hammer with solid axles.

Sergeant Sergeant Master Sergeant Shooter Person

MS Paint " Its like painting with a sauce covered piece of pasta".

Official In Crowd member.

Comment

Can't go wrong with an Axial....this guy is a fanboy of em. They are great machines tho.
                    -00 XJ. 3.5", 33s. Stuff
                    https://www.facebook.com/M3TALurgist
                    I Love Scott Decker and Erik Miller
                    -Ian

"Blood makes you related, Loyalty makes you family"

Comment

My wraith just arrived today and its wicked. Deff needs some small upgrades to get it to perform as a good crawler but overall its well worth the money.You can get it on tower hobbies using the easy pay method. ended up paying 123 ever 30 days after using a coupon that was on there site the Gmade R1 is really nice too. it was a toss up between the wraith and R1 for me.

Comment

That Twin Hammers looks fucking awesome.
                        sigpic
                        Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

Have you seen the axial exo terra buggy then?

Comment

First of all.. Thanks for your help and recommendations, I dont want to blow alot of cash on a crawler for a few reasons right now and thats why I chose the ridgecrest(didn't buy it yet) also I'm use to stadium type rc's because thats what they had when I bought my last one back in 1990 So I'm still undecided as to what I want to get but I know two things, it needs to stay on the inexspensive side and needs to be able to run on the grass as I don't want to be obligated to go somewhere to run it all the time.
                            Last edited by clean4drxj; 03-06-2013, 10:15 AM.

Comment

for a tough rig the ridgecrest is a good choice, it uses wraith axles that are built for high speed bashing and crawling and puts it into a slower competition crawler configuration that offers much more flex. liquid electrical tape works great to waterproof those esc, which are very good quality. the only thing i would replace eventually is the motor, you can slow it down for crawling or speed it up for more scale trailing/bashing

i haven't actually held or physically seen a ridgecrest run, but im sure its great just like the wraith and ax10's are.

Comment

Working...
                              X