Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you think you should need a permit to own/carry a pistol?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you think you should need a permit to own/carry a pistol?

If so, why?

If not, why not?

Interesting spin on things.
    - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
    or am asians pants not a read end lol.
    Originally posted by DizzDizz
    aliens probed my husband

I really dont think you should. I do however think that you should have a background check to purchase a hand gun. I dont understand the difference of having a background check to purchase a gun, and going through the process to have a permit, other than the state and federal government making money and being able to keep track of you.
    It is my right to have a gun, and I believe carrying it for my protection is also my right. But I think that being a convicted violent criminal negates your privilege to be able to carry.
    Dan.
    2000 XJ, BJ 60 front, welded, 5.13's, 3 link, ruffstuff heims. D70 rear, detroit, 5.13's, discs. stretched. trail ready beadlocks. 39" Red labels. 4:1 Klune V-drive/D20, PSC full hydro

http://www.facebook.com/people/Dan-M...00000913365979
    www.DMROFFROAD.com

Comment

I don't think I should have to. All the rest of you assholes, yes, yes you should.

Comment

Originally posted by CSaddict View Post
        I don't think I should have to. All the rest of you assholes, yes, yes you should.
        Most of my customers I wouldn't trust with a tin can and a rubber band.
        sigpic
        Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

I think there should be a test for a permit. Kind of like a driver's test just to prove you're competent enough to carry
          I drive a Datsun

Comment

Originally posted by Burton58 View Post
            I think there should be a test for a permit. Kind of like a driver's test just to prove you're competent enough to carry
            bring on the drivers license test debate

Comment

I'd say the driver's license / pistol permit link makes sense

Comment

Already queuing up for the Right Versus Privilege debate.

Carrying a gun is a right, driving a car is a privilege.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Burton58 View Post
                  I agree with that. My wife and I just had the debate about it too. I think you should have some basic fundamental understanding of guns and at least some shooting time.
                  Dan.
                  2000 XJ, BJ 60 front, welded, 5.13's, 3 link, ruffstuff heims. D70 rear, detroit, 5.13's, discs. stretched. trail ready beadlocks. 39" Red labels. 4:1 Klune V-drive/D20, PSC full hydro

www.DMROFFROAD.com

Comment

You know sadly a lot of what I think is what is already in place. So maybe I do think there should be a permit. I trust myself, but its really when you think about others.
                    So maybe a permit is a good idea, but the whole current system to get one is a joke. I want to go, take a class, pass a test, shoot to prove I know what Im doing and get my permit on the spot. For one fee. Not this current crazy BS.
                    Dan.

www.DMROFFROAD.com

Comment

If your going to carry a pistol, then yea I'd say I think you should have a permit. I consider it a way to weed out the people that have no business carrying a gun on them. People that have had certain types of crimes in the past, people that are a bit unstable, etc. And also, not everybody really knows how a handgun works, and a pistol permit course gives you the basics along with some hands on experience.
                      2006 Rubicon - high rock bumper, warn 9.5ti, and lots of stockness....for now...

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo Phil View Post

Carrying a gun is a right, driving a car is a privilege.
                        Why? Because the second amendment says so? We as a race have generally gotten stupider since this amendment was enacted. As such anyone with a brain can't argue the education and testing for gun ownership argument. If u can't pass a simple test about gun ownership (which I'm sure many ppl who own a gun now could not) then u don't have the right to own one
                        2 tj's
                        3 yj's
                        2 xj's
                        i'm a jeep whore

"id walk 6 hours one way to suck a fart out of megan fox's ass"

Comment

I'm tired of all these stupid loopholes and jackass arguments so people don't get butthurt about their rights and gun control. Enact common sense about it and choose a less deadly topic to get butthurt about your god given rights
                          2 tj's
                          3 yj's
                          2 xj's
                          i'm a jeep whore

Comment

Originally posted by Arundlemcbrundle View Post
                            Why? Because the second amendment says so? We as a race have generally gotten stupider since this amendment was enacted.
                            That's easily the dumbest fucking thing I have ever read in my life. You absolutely take the prize as being the most blatantly idiotic human to have ever posted on this forum. You speak of people much like yourself who have blind eyes to the vast improvements in technology and culture that has flourished in the last 200 years. You apparently need to go back and read your history books, you illiterate serf. You judge only the lowest common denominators and hold them as saints of our species.
                            sigpic

Comment

Case in point. Butthurt because I don't agree with you. You take the most sarcastic point in my post and try to turn it around into some sort of attack of my intelligence as I don't realize there has been great achievements and advancements since the second amendment was created.
                              Last edited by Arundlemcbrundle; 02-27-2013, 05:12 AM. Reason: Because I'm an illiterate serf
                              2 tj's
                              3 yj's
                              2 xj's
                              i'm a jeep whore

Comment

Working...
                              X