No announcement yet.

Bigger Jeep = Bigger Headache?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've had 2 with ~3" and 33's and now I want something bigger with the MJ. I figure with the longer wheelbase and long arms it should ride better than any of my XJ's. And being locked f+r should go further off road as well.
    1993 XJ sport 3.5" rustys 33" MTZ's armored.
    1999 sierra
    1967 M725 Big and Slow
    -Dan

Comment

I love my stocker yj, i can beat it through any quad or logging trail and it fits most anywhere,

But we dont have rocks by me, we have hills, pipelines and old creek beds

i have agressive stock sized tires with a welded d35 that i beat the living piss out of, but bring on the haters

Comment

I over built my jeep. If I could do it again I would do 44's and 35's.

Comment

Originally posted by StompJrKz400 View Post

i have agressive stock sized tires with a welded d35 that i beat the living piss out of, but bring on the haters
          [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8Kyi0WNg40[/ame]
          Originally posted by HitItWithSomeSpeed
          didnt this thread start with Jon being gay? what happened to that?
          Originally posted by Lawn Guyland
          he's still gay we've just moved on to more important issues
          Originally posted by Zullius Caesar
          i grab dude's junk all the time, doesn't make me gay.

Comment

LJ Rubicon, 33 BFG at's, 3in of lift and tucked would be my ideal jeep
            Don't Panic

Comment

I loved my XJ on a 30/44 combo with 35s, went everywhere I wanted to go, did almost everything I wanted to do. Best part, NEVER broke a d30 part. I hope I like the tons, if I ver finish them
              -Caleb

Crawl Daddy Champion 2011

1999 XJ 4 inchs of lift or so, 35s and some other stuff.

Comment

Jeep = headache

No matter how stock it is or how built it is, they are all the bane of our existences.

I'm not going over 33" tires, locked front and rear on a 30/8.25 combo for a long time. Going any bigger means getting a truck and trailer and another house to fit all that shit.

Despite the bullshit problems my Jeep has (currently another fuel filter but it's too fucking cold to work on it...) it's been decent to me on and off the trail. I can do the right amount of wheeling without ending up on my roof and if I need to drive within 100 miles of home, I'm good (Thanks AAA ).
                sigpic
                Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo Phil View Post
                  Jeep = headache

No matter how stock it is or how built it is, they are all the bane of our existences.
                  this
                  -00 XJ. 3.5", 33s. Stuff
                  https://www.facebook.com/M3TALurgist
                  I Love Scott Decker and Erik Miller
                  -Ian

"Blood makes you related, Loyalty makes you family"

Comment

I wouldnt mind having a new JK that I can use as a multipurpose rig. Nice enough that I wont kill it on trails, but I wont be bashful. 2" and 35 inch tires with some skids/armor at most. Something that I can reliably drive to the trail and back and in to work on Monday. When Friday rolls around I can drive it to the mountains and go camping. Unfortunately, I cant do that with my current Jeeps. My blue one I really dont trust it driving to Rausch and back. It has never let me down at all, but its starting to show its age quite a bit these days. It really needs some freshening up. the red XJ is ok for an EXP rig (not great) and is a good daily driver, but it has high mileage and has minimal capability. I want the best of both worlds. Unfortunately I have one of each

97 TJ that I think is pretty neat.

Comment

Nevermind, i figured it out

the TRUTH

this is the most reliable Jeep EVER Produced

Comment

well it depends.

I could break way more on a smaller jeep running reds.

and i could break nothing on a bigger jeep running blues.

If you cut corners and half ass shit, you're always gonna break, no matter what. Whether you have 33's or 35's on a dana 30 or 42's on a dana 60.

typically though, bigger the jeep, harder the trails, harder the wheeling, more parts to break, so of course you're gonna break more.
                        No worries, I'm not actually back, I'm just reminiscing about the old days.

ForSure Motorsports
                        Win or Lose, We Booze.

Vice President of Internal Affairs at Dirty Donny's House of Hookers

Comment

Originally posted by Zullius Caesar View Post
                          well it depends.

I could break way more on a smaller jeep running reds.

and i could break nothing on a bigger jeep running blues.
                          soooooooo you didnt read the original post then?
                          - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
                          or am asians pants not a read end lol.
                          Originally posted by DizzDizz
                          aliens probed my husband

Comment

well then...

for someone like me, it doesn't matter. I'm not having fun unless i'm pushing the truck whether its a smaller build or a larger one.

Putsing around on green trails in a stocker just isn't for me and because of that, whatever i own will get broken.

I guess i suck for your debate huh
                            No worries, I'm not actually back, I'm just reminiscing about the old days.

ForSure Motorsports
                            Win or Lose, We Booze.

Vice President of Internal Affairs at Dirty Donny's House of Hookers

Comment

Working...
                            X