Fuck Shipping.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuck Shipping.

I've been sitting in my room for the past 4 hours boxing shit up. I didn't think it would take so fucking long, but my god, it's a pain in the fucking ass. My hands are just about black from crumpling up newspapers for hours to use as packing peanuts because i'm too cheap to buy peanuts or bubble wrap.

I got sick of waiting in line at USPS, so i finally decided to buy a printer tonight to print out shipping labels online. Of course this isn't easy either.

I go to staples and go to the printer section. First fucker i see is 300$. What in the flying fuck. How can a damn printer cost that much? I keep looking through their shitty printer selection and finally find the cheapest one they have - 60$. I'm not ready to spend this yet, so i go up front and ask the manager if they have any cheap printers for like 30$. He gives me a weird look and proceeds to try to sell me a 300$ printer. I cut him off about halfway through his sales pitch and go "Not to be rude sir, but i'm printing ebay shipping labels i'm not trying to print the Mona lisa out of my printer". He goes on to tell me that the cheapest printer they have is the 60$ one.

I tell him i'm going to walmart to look for a walmart special, and if they don't have any i'll be back.

I go to walmart and look for printers. I finally manage to weave my way through the aisles of people who look like they're about to curl over and die any second, and make it to the printer section. For some reason ever printer box at walmart was beat so bad that i could swear each printer must've been dented in the box. (Don't worry it'll buff out.)

I find the closest employee and ask him if they have any printers that didn't go a round with Mike Tyson. He goes into the back and never returns.

I ended up buying the 60$ printer at staples. Since i returned to my house with that, i've been doing nothing but boxing up shit to ship out.

The best part? I'm not even half way done.

Just thought i'd share my little experience with y'all.

TLDR: Buying printers is a pain in the fucking ass, and boxing up things to ship isn't much funner.

Last edited by Hudson; 01-12-2013, 10:06 PM.
    Hudson

Build Thread - http://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/...d.php?t=121903

No Amount Of Money Is Worth Your Sanity.

Welcome to Hux's life.....
    No worries, I'm not actually back, I'm just reminiscing about the old days.

ForSure Motorsports
    Win or Lose, We Booze.

Vice President of Internal Affairs at Dirty Donny's House of Hookers

Comment

if you looked closer you would see more often than not printers come with rebates that make them free or super cheap but I feel your pain, when I moved back from California I shipped 20 heavy ass boxes through ups since wranglers have no room
      1992 xj Briarwood
      Disconnect d30 5.13 Super 35 kit 5.13 36x14x18 TSL's
      Welded front and rear
      13' LED roof lights
      Disco ball
      Truck nuts
      Spinners

Comment

Working...
      X