snap on fan boys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DizzDizz View Post
    It's not just a tarp you throw over it and go yay it's covered. It's actually pretty technical. And has to be amazingly presice. Plus some of them have to waterproof. Or else we could loose big money
    So then you should be happy that you got the one that measures in tenths of an inch because it's more accurate and fractions are for goofs.
    sigpic
    Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

• Originally posted by Buffalo Phil View Post
      So then you should be happy that you got the one that measures in tenths of an inch because it's more accurate and fractions are for goofs.
      You are literally to stupid to insult
      Dizz dizz go sleep sleep

Driver 4677 FSM vehicle

Comment

irony. LOL
        mrs. heavymetal from jeepforum
        2022 JL Rubicon

Originally posted by hoggie101
        and everyone qute dis because its the best grammer im going to have all year

Comment

Too*

So you're saying fractions are more accurate than decimals? Insult me, go ahead, I'd love to see some good ol' fashion hate for the decimal system.
          Last edited by Buffalo Phil; 11-20-2013, 09:38 PM.
          sigpic

Comment

I order a 100 foot tape measure to measure tarp systems for the trailers and he drops off a engineers scale tape measure. It measures a foot in tenths of a foot rather than inches
            Originally posted by Buffalo Phil View Post
            Are tarps that amazingly precise that you can't just convert .250 to 1/4" and so on?
            It's not that simple.....

Originally posted by DizzDizz View Post
            It's not just a tarp you throw over it and go yay it's covered. It's actually pretty technical. And has to be amazingly presice. Plus some of them have to waterproof. Or else we could loose big money
            Too*

So you're saying fractions are more accurate than decimals? Insult me, go ahead, I'd love to see some good ol' fashion hate for the decimal system.
            It works great for inches and small things but have you ever said "that's .676 feet"? ..... no. There's a reason why contractors use regular tape measures with fractions because what .010" is like in your job, 1/16" is in their job. Bigger the job, the larger the tolerances.

We had two tape measures like that at the shop, I threw them both out, wanna know why? Because no one wants to take out a calculator to read a tape measure and people fuck up way too easily if that's the case.

Aggressively calling dizzy out for something you're completely wrong about

To prove my point further.... say i'm gonna cut that tarp for dizzy, which of these two measurements (exactly the same) is the tarp guy likely to fuck up 23' 5-7/16" or 23.4513125'?

The kid ain't building a fighter jet.
            No worries, I'm not actually back, I'm just reminiscing about the old days.

ForSure Motorsports
            Win or Lose, We Booze.

Vice President of Internal Affairs at Dirty Donny's House of Hookers

Comment

• Go work on my jeep, I want to Internet fight dizzy.

I am glad you typed that all out thought, I hope you didn't put too much effort into it.
              Last edited by Buffalo Phil; 11-20-2013, 11:06 PM.
              sigpic

Comment

• Believe it or not some of the tarps have to be so on the ball it's within a 1/8 to a 1/4 inch. Over a forty foot surface that's a pretty tight tolerance. Especially on the water tight ones. It could mean the difference between making money and buying the whole load.
                Dizz dizz go sleep sleep

Driver 4677 FSM vehicle

Comment

Believe it or not some of the tarps have to be so on the ball it's within a 1/8 to a 1/4 inch. Over a forty foot surface that's a pretty tight tolerance. Especially on the water tight ones. It could mean the difference between making money and buying the whole load.
                  sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Buffalo Phil View Post
                    Go work on my jeep, I want to Internet fight dizzy.

I am glad you typed that all out thought, I hope you didn't put too much effort into it.
                    how's this for effort?

Call a flat bed and get your p.o.s out of my yard.
                    No worries, I'm not actually back, I'm just reminiscing about the old days.

ForSure Motorsports
                    Win or Lose, We Booze.

Vice President of Internal Affairs at Dirty Donny's House of Hookers

Comment

• sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Zullock Holmes View Post
                        how's this for effort?

Call a flat bed and get your p.o.s out of my yard.
                        they will need exactly 288.54327" of winch line to get his jeep on the flat bed
                        -Caleb

Crawl Daddy Champion 2011

1999 XJ 4 inchs of lift or so, 35s and some other stuff.

Comment

• Can I measure the cable length with a depth gauge??
                          sigpic

Comment

Believe it or not some of the tarps have to be so on the ball it's within a 1/8 to a 1/4 inch. Over a forty foot surface that's a pretty tight tolerance. Especially on the water tight ones. It could mean the difference between making money and buying the whole load.
                            This could probably be turned into the biggest gay joke ever....on the ball, tight, tolerance, whole load, 1/4 inch.....

More importantly, you guys are fighting about tarp construction
                            P8R

2012 Honda Accord - For DD/MPG Porpoises - Cooper Tire: Count on Cooper
                            2014 Granite Crystal WK2 Limited - Nitto Tire: Fueled by Enthusiasts

Poontang Pro 300EX 42" - For lawn porpoises
                            OG KOT #4736 Semper Sky Rock Racing/Standardbred Racing Designs 15.5 HP Turbo-Cool Craftsman, 6 Spd w/ crawl box, fat turf treads, Custom paint, and a red onzie

Comment

• But that's the point of the Internet, to quabble over all that is useless!!
                              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Pedro View Post
                                This could probably be turned into the biggest gay joke ever....on the ball, tight, tolerance, whole load, 1/4 inch.....

More importantly, you guys are fighting about tarp construction

HOONIGAN FOR LIFE
                                OLD 4X4'S NEVER DIE!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X