• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gun bills starting already

Weston wants to ban guns.

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...oposes-gun-ban

http://ctcarry.com/Document/Download...e-d82cf3acf89c

http://vimeo.com/56085635
    Last edited by customcreationsllc; 01-04-2013, 08:21 AM.
    RCrocs #123 Brown CJ-5
    www.offroadcustomcreations.com

Sponsors:
    Corbeau, Tom Wood, PSC, Polyperformance, Inner Air Lock, Miller Welds, Heavymetal Concepts

Don't worry, Justin, we are out own worst enemy.

From Facebook:

Hoffman's Gun Center & Indoor Range
    31 minutes ago
    Effective Immediately:
    Hoffman’s Gun Center will require a Ct. State Pistol permit to purchase “Assault Style” center fire rifles .

Yup, you'll need a pistol permit in order to buy a black rifle from them, where you only needed NOTHING but a 2 week wait before.

NSSF and the Weston Gun club are all over that 'gun ban', but who knows what'll happen.
    sigpic
    Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

PHIL! I came to this website today specifically to rant about that new rule! However they added exceptions such as law enforcement, military, and hunting permits. This is still infringing upon my rights as a non-permit holder! We are our own worst enemy
      -Matt
      Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by XJcrazy00 View Post
        PHIL! I came to this website today specifically to rant about that new rule! However they added exceptions such as law enforcement, military, and hunting permits. This is still infringing upon my rights as a non-permit holder! We are our own worst enemy
        You know, I was mad about it this morning, not mad, but perturbed, disgruntled and generally confused by it.

But then I thought about it.

Do you know how much of a pain in the ass it is to do a 2 week wait for 10-15 people in a few weeks? Now try and do 15 two week waits in a single day. Shouldn't be a problem for retailers, that's their job...

But the problem is the State. The State federal background check hot line is STILL understaffed and has been since Obungo got re-elected. So now you have a store filled with people and you have to wait 1-2 hours just to get someone to pick up the phone to give you an authorization number, and with a 2 week wait, you have to call TWICE. Once for the day they buy the gun, and again for the time they come pick it up after the 2 weeks, so another 1-2 hours killed because someone has to stay there on the phone and hit redial until someone answers and by that time, you have to asking for about 20 authorization numbers....

There are only 5-8 people giving out authorization numbers...for the ENTIRE STATE. Their phones ring off the hook from the second they open to the second they close and they are open seven days a week.

When you have a hunting license, a pistol permit or whatever, you walk in, you wait until you get an authorization number and you fucking walk away with your gun. The store doesn't have to store it for 2-3 weeks, they don't have to call again or any of that bullshit...

So yeah, I guess you can get mad that they are 'infringing on your rights', but really it's a trickle down effect from the fact that the state is completely incompetent. This state wants to ban guns but cannot fathom the idea of hiring more people to work at the call center for firearm transfers so people can actually buy the guns before they get 'banned'..

When I tell you that it's the worst panic buying people have ever seen, I fucking mean it. I have witnessed panic buying before but holy fuck, this is something so totally off that walls that it's hard to comprehend unless you actually work in retail.

So, I'm actually not mad about it really any more, I'll focus my efforts on fighting the good fight rather than nit-picking at people who are just trying to ease the masses as they buy everything they have in stock.

Price gouging is in full effect right now. Why? Because people are right now willing to pay $2000 for a $1000 AR15. Gun Stores are price gouging just so they still have inventory to sell later on because they know they currently can't get anything from the distributors because the manufacturers are spread so thin trying to get guns out there. And guess what, it still doesn't matter. Guns are selling faster than I've ever seen before at outrageous prices. The week before Christmas, Hoffman's walls were BARE. In fact they are closing for a couple days in a few weeks, just to catch up on their own inventory and paperwork, making sure the guns that left are accounted for.

And this isn't even just Hoffman's. Every gun shop in CT is selling rifles like the world is going to end at the end of this month.

So, I almost dare them to ban guns, I'd love to see how that'll blow over. Think Prohibition failed hard? Just wait...
        sigpic

Comment

Phil. Stop acting like you know anything about guns.
          2013 F150 fx4 (Tow Pig/DD)
          • 5.0 with the 3.73 option

2003 TJ Rubicon
          • 4.0/42rle/np241or
          • 5.13's
          • 3" Savvy/Currie suspension with acos
          • 33” BFG KO2s

Comment

Originally posted by SupermanIce-J View Post
            Phil. Stop acting like you know anything about guns.
            It's all part of the Grand Illusion, child...
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo Phil View Post
              So, I almost dare them to ban guns, I'd love to see how that'll blow over. Think Prohibition failed hard? Just wait...
              This. I too have simmered down and decided to not automatically not give Hoffman's my business. With this many anti-gun people in this country, the pro-gun people need to stick together. Just because you only shoot trap doesn't mean you shouldn't stick up for the AR guys.

Also, this.

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/pol...iref=allsearch

-Matt
              Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by XJcrazy00 View Post
                This. I too have simmered down and decided to not automatically not give Hoffman's my business. With this many anti-gun people in this country, the pro-gun people need to stick together. Just because you only shoot trap doesn't mean you shouldn't stick up for the AR guys.
                I concur

guns are guns

Comment

Guns don't kill people.
                  People pull the trigger.

Luke95
                  OER The bad judgment Olympics.

Lowlife 35x12.5s on 3 inches of lift.
                  General Tires are

Comment

how about this new bill
                    You will not be allowed to own any gun that can hold more than 1 round.
                    I guess they want us all to go back to muzzle loaders.

Ccdl- an act concerning restrictions on gun use.

http://www.cga.ct.gov/2013/TOB/S/201...122-R00-SB.htm

Referred to Committee on JUDICIARY

Introduced by:

SEN. MEYER, 12th Dist.

AN ACT CONCERNING RESTRICTIONS ON GUN USE.

Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives in General Assembly convened:

That the general statutes be amended to establish a class C felony offense, except for certain military and law enforcement personnel and certain gun clubs, for (1) any person or organization to purchase, sell, donate, transport, possess or use any gun except one made to fire a single round, (2) any person to fire a gun containing more than a single round, (3) any person or organization to receive from another state, territory or country a gun made to fire multiple rounds, or (4) any person or organization to purchase, sell, donate or possess a magazine or clip capable of holding more than one round.

Statement of Purpose:

To reduce the use of guns for criminal purposes.
                    RCrocs #123 Brown CJ-5

Sponsors:
                    Corbeau, Tom Wood, PSC, Polyperformance, Inner Air Lock, Miller Welds, Heavymetal Concepts

Comment

At this point they are throwing everything against the wall to see if anything will stick.

Let them pass that law, I dare them.
                      sigpic

Comment

Im lost for words this morning. I have read the most idiotic things I have ever been exposed to in my life all in this morning. Obviously most of these asinine things arent going to stick, but the fact that people actually think this could possibly be a good idea is so beyond me. The fact that others listening to it actually believe that passing these ridiculous laws could possibly impact the people using guns illegally blows my mind.
                        I was also told this morning how a couple guys are have robbed people at gun point on 3 separate occasions with one ending with the victim being pistol whipped in the face. within 1/4 mile of my house. All I can think of is how Im sure that they got their guns legally, and how if I was faced with the same situation with a single shot gun, or even only 5 rounds that I dont know if I would come out on top.
                        I could go on for days so Ill stop, but its really got me going this morning.
                        Dan.
                        2000 XJ, BJ 60 front, welded, 5.13's, 3 link, ruffstuff heims. D70 rear, detroit, 5.13's, discs. stretched. trail ready beadlocks. 39" Red labels. 4:1 Klune V-drive/D20, PSC full hydro

http://www.facebook.com/people/Dan-M...00000913365979
                        www.DMROFFROAD.com

Comment

Originally posted by ct67_72 View Post
                          Im lost for words this morning. I have read the most idiotic things I have ever been exposed to in my life all in this morning. Obviously most of these asinine things arent going to stick, but the fact that people actually think this could possibly be a good idea is so beyond me. The fact that others listening to it actually believe that passing these ridiculous laws could possibly impact the people using guns illegally blows my mind.
                          I was also told this morning how a couple guys are have robbed people at gun point on 3 separate occasions with one ending with the victim being pistol whipped in the face. within 1/4 mile of my house. All I can think of is how Im sure that they got their guns legally, and how if I was faced with the same situation with a single shot gun, or even only 5 rounds that I dont know if I would come out on top.
                          I could go on for days so Ill stop, but its really got me going this morning.
                          took the words out of my mouth. it really is unthinkable ignorance
                          - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
                          or am asians pants not a read end lol.
                          Originally posted by DizzDizz
                          aliens probed my husband

Comment

Someone needs to go on a rampage with a blunderbuss. That'll teach em.
                            1993 XJ sport 3.5" rustys 33" MTZ's armored.
                            1999 sierra
                            1967 M725 Big and Slow
                            -Dan

Comment

CT wants to be like NY and make the names and addresses of everyone gun owner public.

http://www.cga.ct.gov/asp/cgabillsta...hich_year=2013

Proposed H.B. No. 5112
                              Session Year 2013

AN ACT CONCERNING THE DISCLOSURE OF THE NAMES AND ADDRESSES OF PERSONS HOLDING HANDGUN PERMITS.

To permit the disclosure under the Freedom of Information Act of the names and addresses of persons holding handgun permits.

Introduced by: Rep. Stephen D. Dargan, 115th Dist.
                              RCrocs #123 Brown CJ-5

Sponsors:

Comment

Working...
                              X