i have a horn again!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i have a horn again!!!!!

finally got around to searching for and replacing for my clocking spring. i went through like 6 xj steering columns today at chuck and eddies smashing them with hammers with galica and found a suitable assembly finally. then it doesn't fit over my steering column shaft so i have to take apart my old assembly and new one and interchange parts. i'm pretty much an expert with clocking springs now so if anyone ever needs help HMU!

after a full day of bullshit i connected the battery and slammed the steering wheel and BAM! horn is back and the airbag light is off!

on another note the guys at executive jeep are dicks. when i called the parts guy there to ask what the part number is on the assembly he replied, "You want me to tell you the part number so you can go and buy it from somebody else?" I replied, "........no......well, yeah i mean, yeah. just tell me the part number, I'm not gonna buy your $270 part when there are 100s in junkyards." He wouldn't give me it. I bought their fucking car and they won't tell me the part numbers. i think that is just outrageous. I called two different dealers and the other was incapable to informing me that the part numbers from an xj one and a tj one are the same. "It's unsafe to use parts from different cars on your car." I wanted to bitchslap this asshole through the phone for how insulting a shot at my intelligence that is. assuming i'm stupid to sell me overpriced shit. meanwhile i'm sitting in a jeep wrangler, with a ford rear axle, a cherokee front axle, some random tube for steering, and a steering box from a durango. all our jeeps are mutts if there ever were some and we are still all very much alive.

/rant
    Hack Shack Racing #4632 Jeep TJ

Ah...stealerships...
    sigpic
    Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

I enjoy talking to them. Making people that think they have all the power feel stupid is one my favorite things to do.
      Dan.
      2000 XJ, BJ 60 front, welded, 5.13's, 3 link, ruffstuff heims. D70 rear, detroit, 5.13's, discs. stretched. trail ready beadlocks. 39" Red labels. 4:1 Klune V-drive/D20, PSC full hydro

http://www.facebook.com/people/Dan-M...00000913365979
      www.DMROFFROAD.com

Comment

Originally posted by ct67_72 View Post
        I enjoy talking to them. Making people that think they have all the power feel stupid is one my favorite things to do.
        2005 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
        1945 Willys-Overland CJ2A

Comment

Well now that you do mention it my airbag light is on, and my horn doesn't work.

How much did it end up costing you from a JY and how much of a pain in the ass was it to install?
          Hudson

Build Thread - http://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/...d.php?t=121903

No Amount Of Money Is Worth Your Sanity.

Comment

I need on too I think I found some copper thing stinking out of my steering wheel and I pulled it and all I know is my steering wheel doesn't make a grinding noise when I turn now
            2000 xj 4.5 clayton longarms with wontons with a touch of
            97' zj
            2012 surbra imperza DD
            im a motivation machine like the hammer and sickle in communism

Comment

it cost me 20 bucks from chuck and eddies. you'll probably find a broken one and have to swap parts and take them both apart to do so. be very careful when pulling them apart and not to move them too much. if you can, find a donor vehicle that can turn still and get its steering set to straight before you start ripping apart. then don't turn it once its out.

it was a good bit of a pain. i had to do the whole junkyard run, rebuild my own custom clock spring, and replace it without breaking anything delicate, which it all is. AND i don't know if it will continue to work. hopefully it does and i installed it with the new spring centered and my steering wheel doesn't rip the spring off i just got.

so, yes, it is a pain. but to have an airbag and horn when i DD it was worth it since it was cheap.

Comment

Originally posted by hoggie101 View Post
                I need on too I think I found some copper thing stinking out of my steering wheel and I pulled it and all I know is my steering wheel doesn't make a grinding noise when I turn now
                that's probably the tail of the spring. sucks for you lol.

Comment

Originally posted by konastinky1234 View Post
                  i went through like 6 xj steering columns today at chuck and eddies smashing them with hammers with galica
                  Originally posted by konastinky1234 View Post
                  you'll probably find a broken one
                  -Matt
                  Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by XJcrazy00 View Post
                    LOL. 'merica

Comment

exec jeep definitely are bunch of asshats...they cant even do an oil change right...my wife took her JK there (free oil changes) and the motherfuckas forgot to replace the oil after the oil change...good thing i always check...and i had few nice things to say to the service manager...
                      99 XJ on tons and 40s....

Comment

Originally posted by ct67_72 View Post
                        this.....
                        99 XJ on tons and 40s....

Comment

Originally posted by kracker View Post
                          exec jeep definitely are bunch of asshats...they cant even do an oil change right...my wife took her JK there (free oil changes) and the motherfuckas forgot to replace the oil after the oil change...good thing i always check...and i had few nice things to say to the service manager...
                          you gonna wreck the engine or you gonna wreck the engine? ohhhhh yeah you're gonna wreck the engine that's great. doin great.

Comment

i hate when people destroy shit at chuck and eddies. its like you need a door panel and some stupid spick decided he wanted the speaker so instead of taking out the 4 screws and popping the clip i'll just break it. then you find the matching interior color and wham door panel is fucked. why did you just go to petrillos and ask to purchase the right one? now the next person that might be looking for a xj steering column is fucked. real nice cause you smashed it with a hammer.
                            Dizz dizz go sleep sleep

Driver 4677 FSM vehicle

Comment

We dont sell clock springs
                              -Caleb

Crawl Daddy Champion 2011

1999 XJ 4 inchs of lift or so, 35s and some other stuff.

Comment

Working...
                              X