What do you guys think of this

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you guys think of this

My friend just sent me this e-mail from the company I used to work for regarding their holiday schedule. What would you do?

"SCF will be closed on Monday, December 24, 2012. However, it will not to be considered a paid holiday. As such, and in compliance with CT DOL laws, SCF requires all exempt (salaried, non-hourly) employees to use vacation (PTO) to cover the time off. If you do not have PTO time on the books, you will be allowed to borrow against future PTO time earned.

All non-exempt (hourly) employees will have the option of using PTO hours or taking the day off without pay. If you are uncertain of how much PTO time you have on the books, or have questions about this policy, please contact me. "

I told him to find some others who wouldnt mind working and tell them that they have to give them the option to work if they arent offering a paid day off.
    Dan.
    2000 XJ, BJ 60 front, welded, 5.13's, 3 link, ruffstuff heims. D70 rear, detroit, 5.13's, discs. stretched. trail ready beadlocks. 39" Red labels. 4:1 Klune V-drive/D20, PSC full hydro

http://www.facebook.com/people/Dan-M...00000913365979
    www.DMROFFROAD.com

that has to be wrong.... no way. Close and force workers to use PTO?

I'd set the building on fire
    -Doug

Used to wheel.... now..... not so much....

Comment

Right to work?
      No worries, I'm not actually back, I'm just reminiscing about the old days.

ForSure Motorsports
      Win or Lose, We Booze.

Vice President of Internal Affairs at Dirty Donny's House of Hookers

Comment

My company does that. Even used vacation days for the hurricane.
        I drive a Datsun

Comment

Originally posted by Burton58 View Post
          My company does that. Even used vacation days for the hurricane.
          I could see the hurricane. I did the same. We had no power, so there was no choice and I had to use my time.
          But they are choosing to be closed on Monday, and not give you the chance to work if you dont want to use PTO or vaca.
          Dan.
          2000 XJ, BJ 60 front, welded, 5.13's, 3 link, ruffstuff heims. D70 rear, detroit, 5.13's, discs. stretched. trail ready beadlocks. 39" Red labels. 4:1 Klune V-drive/D20, PSC full hydro

www.DMROFFROAD.com

Comment

I'm trying to think of an instance for that as well but i know my company does the same. They screw us whenever possible
            I drive a Datsun

Comment

corporate america for ya...
              99 XJ on tons and 40s....

Comment

thats fucking bullshit
                -Caleb

Crawl Daddy Champion 2011

1999 XJ 4 inchs of lift or so, 35s and some other stuff.

Comment

4 more
                  -Caleb

Crawl Daddy Champion 2011

1999 XJ 4 inchs of lift or so, 35s and some other stuff.

Comment

that makes zero sense. i could see why they would take the day if you choose not to work but they should be giving you the option to work.

my company is making it so that at least one person in each department has to be in the office on christmas eve. i was able to take a half day but some other departments got screwed.

Comment

its true we had two scf employees stop by my shop since monday asking if we were hiring cause scf is so fawked up and they are doing this. not to mention they are in debt so much it isnt even funny. place is on the verge of closing. they are scumbags there. we already took a ton of customers from them lol. we are working half a day on the 24th and off Christmas day
                      Dizz dizz go sleep sleep

Driver 4677 FSM vehicle

Comment

They arent going to close, but it looks like they are going to be bought out. Send techs my way if they come in!
                        Dan.

www.DMROFFROAD.com

Comment

Originally posted by ct67_72 View Post
                          They arent going to close, but it looks like they are going to be bought out. Send techs my way if they come in!
                          well one of the ones that came in was the one that got caught stealing batteries lol. i wasnt at work yesterday so i dont know who came in and asked. were about to hire another tech soon lol. gerald said they might be going under. larry wants to leave there so bad lol.
                          Dizz dizz go sleep sleep

Driver 4677 FSM vehicle

Comment

LOL, yeah, batteries and whatever else was missing. Thats F'd up.
                            Dan.

www.DMROFFROAD.com

Comment

Originally posted by ct67_72 View Post
                              LOL, yeah, batteries and whatever else was missing. Thats F'd up.
                              two radiators as well and a ac condenser. my dad told him we don't have room here for that stuff.
                              Dizz dizz go sleep sleep

Driver 4677 FSM vehicle

Comment

Working...
                              X