New respect for SRT8s after this Friday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New respect for SRT8s after this Friday

I got to shoot these two cars this past weekend, a nice change from shooting racing non stop. Got to drive the 2013 which belongs to my friend Dave and it was a little humbling! Nice cars, a whole nother world of Jeep I had never explored aside from online pics.

The modern blue colored one belongs to our very own OG member, Doug (Mangi Hill) who was back home for the holidays from Maryland. used to live up these ways

Full album on the HMC facebook: http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...2931407&type=1

- Will

Originally posted by fizzy
    or am asians pants not a read end lol.
    Originally posted by DizzDizz
    aliens probed my husband

fun shoot!! is it my eyes or is there a big height difference between the two
    I drive a Datsun

Comment

Doug's is dropped, so your old eyes dont deceive, haha. Dave picked his up 1 week ago but has huge plans for it (800hp turbo or S/C)
      - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
      or am asians pants not a read end lol.
      Originally posted by DizzDizz
      aliens probed my husband

Comment

Thought so. Very awesome. I'm a sucker for vehicular eye candy of all sorts and a chance to have a couple of these on an offroad forum is the best of both worlds
        I drive a Datsun

Comment

Holy Santa Claus shit
          Hench

ATM anyone?

Comment

Gorgeous

Comment

those srt8 grand cherokees are so fun to drive. you can stomp on it from a dead stop and it literally just goes. throws your ass into the seat and before you know it your going 70+ mph. The tires are rather pricey though 20 " runflat tires go around $400-500 a piece
              up to 40% off parts from advance auto parts, buy online and pick up at store for free-click here!
              eliminator MJ - Sold
              99 TJ on 36's - Sold 95 ZJ -parted out/scrapped
              Current Project - 'Family hauler' 2001 XJ

Comment

Originally posted by 1cleantj View Post
                those srt8 grand cherokees are so fun to drive. you can stomp on it from a dead stop and it literally just goes. throws your ass into the seat and before you know it your going 70+ mph. The tires are rather pricey though 20 " runflat tires go around $400-500 a piece
                Ha yeah they are a blast.....with 0 to 60 in just about 4.2, you're going 120 before you know it!

It was great to see you and jeff again, Will. We can't let it be another 7+ years.

Offer is still open. Come down to MD and you can drive it!
                -Doug

Used to wheel.... now..... not so much....

Comment

-98 XJ 4.5" lift , 35's, trimmed, locked, geared, flexy
                  -14 Subaru STI hatch Stage 2ish
                  -54 Dodge Power wagon M-37
                  -57 GMC Pickup
                  -Tim (OIIIIIO)

Comment

still dont have any respect for the new line of cheaps...however the SRT8 is pretty pimp. specially that black one, still kinda looks like a jeep whearas the silver one looks like a BMW or a Mercedes. can i drive it if i come to MD Mangi?

hawt jeep btw
                    -00 XJ. 3.5", 33s. Stuff
                    https://www.facebook.com/M3TALurgist
                    I Love Scott Decker and Erik Miller
                    -Ian

"Blood makes you related, Loyalty makes you family"

Comment

Originally posted by Henchman View Post
                      Holy Santa Claus shit
                      i had no other answer either

97 TJ that I think is pretty neat.

Comment

those things are sick. and the newer ones are properly fast
                        98 XJ RIP
                        05 WRX
                        16 Legacy

Originally posted by Burton58
                        Ewwww jersey sucks i'm not going

Comment

Originally posted by 92xjlaredo View Post
                          still dont have any respect for the new line of cheaps...however the SRT8 is pretty pimp. specially that black one, still kinda looks like a jeep whearas the silver one looks like a BMW or a Mercedes. can i drive it if i come to MD Mangi?

hawt jeep btw
                          haha thanks! It's blue tho... I know the light makes it look black sometimes.

I'd have to see how you drive before I let you behind the wheel! She'll go from zero to trouble REAL quick.

Originally posted by Asian Mike View Post
                          those things are sick. and the newer ones are properly fast

The newer ones are def fast.... but stock for stock, the '06 to '10 are still faster.
                          -Doug

Comment

I drive like a fucking retard. NEVER let me drive ANY of your vehicles unless you are wayyyy too drunk to drive or absolutely cannot drive lol...I'm reckless and stupid, all around a bad driver, on that note I'm working on that

I was kidding though haha also it don't look blue at alllll but that makes it hotter
                            Last edited by 92xjlaredo; 11-26-2012, 08:32 AM.
                            -00 XJ. 3.5", 33s. Stuff
                            https://www.facebook.com/M3TALurgist
                            I Love Scott Decker and Erik Miller
                            -Ian

"Blood makes you related, Loyalty makes you family"

Comment

that's weird... you just described my driving style!

haha yeah there are some pics on the HMC facebook page where you can tell it's blue. It's actually called "modern blue" one of <200 produced. ha I went for the black and blue look.... "bruised". That way everyone knows i beat her......
                              -Doug

Comment

Working...
                              X