this kinda concerns me...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• this kinda concerns me...

so my iphone decided to commit suicide yesterday...so im on the phone with ATT ordering the HTC one X and they ask me for some identity verification questions...three questions to be exact....and they claim that this was based on "public records"....

1.)they asked if i was pulled over in Cheshire back in 97...i was.....
    2.)they asked how old my cousin who i havent seen since '02 was....
    3.) they asked where in NC that my aunt lived...how the fuck would i know?! i havent seen her in years!

the point im getting at is what the fuck was up with that first question? is this att or DHS posing as ATT?

the other two i guessed at...im looking back now at the conversation and i must admit, this was strange....

am i being spied on? what ever happened to just verifying your SSN?

very interesting....has anyone ever been asked such strange "identity verification" questions before?
    99 XJ on tons and 40s....

you can give it to a hooker for 20 bucks, and she can give yoou a free blow job.
    No worries, I'm not actually back, I'm just reminiscing about the old days.

ForSure Motorsports
    Win or Lose, We Booze.

Vice President of Internal Affairs at Dirty Donny's House of Hookers

Comment

i got that as well once with my credit card verification. very very bizarre
      - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
      or am asians pants not a read end lol.
      Originally posted by DizzDizz
      aliens probed my husband

Comment

It's to protect you from identity theft

Comment

I was on a website (I can't remember which one now) but it basically was just all your information.

It had my phone number (203) ***-xxxx. (It had the last 4 digits, the 2 asterisks were there because I wasn't a premium member.

It had my age (within 5 years) 20-25.

It had the street I lived in, no hidden letters.

It had a parents names...etc etc

That one I thought was a little intense, especially seeing as how I wasn't a member. I mean, if you want to pay to stalk me, that's cool. Do it up. But that was far too much information for just someone creeping the interwebz.
          Is it egg nog season yet?

Comment

get a case for the one x. ive broken 3 of them within the past month and a half from very short drops.

Comment

spokeo.com shows a lot of information that you. kinda crazy.

ive had questions like that, but not as intense. and how do they have this information? shouldnt they only have public record information? and if its public record, doesnt that mean anyone can access it, so technically identity theft can still exist? the questions ive had were like 4 street names listed & only one i had previously lived on, or a car i owned, etc.
              mrs. heavymetal from jeepforum
              2022 JL Rubicon

Originally posted by hoggie101
              and everyone qute dis because its the best grammer im going to have all year

Comment

Working...
              X