insurance question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• insurance question

a guy hit my car, when it was parked in my drive way, didn't tell me about it, i found out he did it and went to his house and took pictures of the vehicle that hit mine.

we worked out an agreement of $387 which would cover the materials needed,

and i would do all the work ( was trying to reason with him )

he paid me 220 and then stopped paying me.

he got ahold of me ask if i would help install his new banks turbo tuner in his truck (1200 bucks ) and then put new 35 inch tires on it, and i said i dont have the time

today he asked me to help him install his new stereo in-dash dvd player / gps

i got pissed and mentioned the money.

he left and i opened an insurance claim

will i have a problem claiming if he has already paid me some money

the repairs will be 800+ dollars

hmmm...

should always just deal with the insurance first time out, people are scumbags.
    No worries, I'm not actually back, I'm just reminiscing about the old days.

ForSure Motorsports
    Win or Lose, We Booze.

Vice President of Internal Affairs at Dirty Donny's House of Hookers

Comment

800 - 220 - your deductible isn't worth the hassle or the increase in your premium for filing a claim all for a lack of $167 IMO

Comment

Without a police report I don't see you getting very far. Not being a debbie downer, just my .02.

Comment

yeah i here ya, i dont have a police report, but i have pics of my gold paint on his red truck, and his paint on my car, maybe it will at-least freak him out to take care of it

Comment

private property does not requie police report. it will be your word vs. his about how it happened. if he's at fault you dont pay anything (deductible). did he pay you check/etc or was it all cash ? if he's coming to you to install stuff (aka make you money) i would honestly just tack on what he owes you onto one of his bills (extra "labor" ) and go on with your life
            up to 40% off parts from advance auto parts, buy online and pick up at store for free-click here!
            eliminator MJ - Sold
            99 TJ on 36's - Sold 95 ZJ -parted out/scrapped
            Current Project - 'Family hauler' 2001 XJ

Comment

Originally posted by 1cleantj View Post
              private property does not requie police report. it will be your word vs. his about how it happened. if he's at fault you dont pay anything (deductible). did he pay you check/etc or was it all cash ? if he's coming to you to install stuff (aka make you money) i would honestly just tack on what he owes you onto one of his bills (extra "labor" ) and go on with your life

He wasnt going to help me for the work, i use to help him with stuff like that as a favor, he payed me all in cash(220 , 60 at a time since june..), but i do have his new 400 dollar stereo at my house now, i was going to help him install it, until i found outs hes not going to pay for hitting my car.

Even better, he hit my car because his blood sugar was low, cuz he was partying the night b4 then drove to my house so i could work on his iPhone...

Fuck people, im sick of being a nice guy and helping people out!
              Last edited by StompJrKz400; 10-01-2012, 09:14 PM. Reason: Phil is a black democrat

Comment

Hes diabetic, so he ended up passing out i guess

Comment

Originally posted by stompjrkz400 View Post
                  Fuck people, im sick of being a nice guy and helping people out!
                  this
                  -00 XJ. 3.5", 33s. Stuff
                  https://www.facebook.com/M3TALurgist
                  I Love Scott Decker and Erik Miller
                  -Ian

"Blood makes you related, Loyalty makes you family"

Comment

http://abcnews.go.com/m/story?id=16857078
                    Sergeant Sergeant Master Sergeant Shooter Person

MS Paint " Its like painting with a sauce covered piece of pasta".

Official In Crowd member.

Comment

total agreement there...thats why if you have to loan money to a friend, just give them the money, if theyre a true friend and worthy of your time, it will come back around someday/somehow. or at least thats how Ive known it to be. money is always a topic of argument for ALL humans, and its especially bad for those who are attached to the idea of money.
                      -00 XJ. 3.5", 33s. Stuff
                      -Ian

Comment

Originally posted by 92xjlaredo View Post
                        especially bad for those who are attached to the idea of money.
                        What is the idea of money?

Something to exchange for goods and services?

Comment

"It is only the IDEA of the $100 bill and the confidence that people place in it that makes it worth anything."

i found this article a long time ago and i do believe what it says. i was looking for new ways to help myself and some of the ideas, mainly aforementioned one, really just make sense.

http://www.relfe.com/A06/wealth.html

/threadjack
                          -00 XJ. 3.5", 33s. Stuff
                          -Ian

Comment

Originally posted by 92xjlaredo View Post
                            "It is only the IDEA of the $100 bill and the confidence that people place in it that makes it worth anything."
                            Without that, the country would collapse.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick View Post
                              Without that, the country would collapse.
                              i understand that, however each person holds a different value on money, you may look at it as most important, while another may look at it as a necessary evil within society. thats all, not saying we dont need it to continue as we are.
                              -00 XJ. 3.5", 33s. Stuff
                              -Ian

Comment

Working...
                              X