What's what?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's what?

So to most of everyone's knowledge here I work at a diesel shop. About a month ago a good customer of ours brought his truck in with a blown motor. I recommend he buy a junk yard motor from a reputable place we use and we would install it. So I call the junkyard for him. Speak to a guy there he says he found a couple of them in his search of nearby yards. Most of em sound pretty shitty for about 1500 bucks. But one stands out 6.5 diesel with 60k in a truck running, comes with both exhaust manifolds and the turbo for 2300. Custome springs the extra cash for that motor. Motor comes in missing one manifold. Ok no biggie ill swap it. Half the harness which is on the motor side is fucked up. I repaired it. Oil pan rotted through I replaced it. Get it in the truck won't run injection pump is blown to smithereens. Guy at the junkyard says I didn't selling a harness oil pan manifold or injection pump I sold u a motor. Which was obviously not running but was told it was. So what's what? Are these parts part of the motor or not even though I have to take half the motor apart to replace the pump.
    Dizz dizz go sleep sleep

Driver 4677 FSM vehicle

Its a junkyard, no matter how "good" the condition...its always a gamble
    Originally posted by HitItWithSomeSpeed
    didnt this thread start with Jon being gay? what happened to that?
    Originally posted by Lawn Guyland
    he's still gay we've just moved on to more important issues
    Originally posted by Zullius Caesar
    i grab dude's junk all the time, doesn't make me gay.

Comment

On a diesel, yes the pump is an integral part of the engine. Especially on a 6.5. Ask him if they are going to pay for the dealer to time the pump correctly when its changed. Or pay the time on the other parts.
      If they werent "part of the engine" they shouldnt have been sold with it.
      If you bought it, it should be covered.
      Dan.
      2000 XJ, BJ 60 front, welded, 5.13's, 3 link, ruffstuff heims. D70 rear, detroit, 5.13's, discs. stretched. trail ready beadlocks. 39" Red labels. 4:1 Klune V-drive/D20, PSC full hydro

http://www.facebook.com/people/Dan-M...00000913365979
      www.DMROFFROAD.com

Comment

I would be raising hell. if he told you the manifold came with it and then it shows up without one, that would be the first phone call. But like ct67 said, that pump is considered part of the motor on a 6.5. Its not THAT hard to change but that's not the point here. He told you it ran and so it should. I'd be at least trying to get some money back.

Comment

those 6.5 injection pumps are big money too. I'd be bullshit if I were the customer
          1993 XJ sport 3.5" rustys 33" MTZ's armored.
          1999 sierra
          1967 M725 Big and Slow
          -Dan

Comment

Forgot to add too my last post, i so wish you the best of luck in the battle that without a doubt will ensue over getting a rightly deserved refund
            Originally posted by HitItWithSomeSpeed
            didnt this thread start with Jon being gay? what happened to that?
            Originally posted by Lawn Guyland
            he's still gay we've just moved on to more important issues
            Originally posted by Zullius Caesar
            i grab dude's junk all the time, doesn't make me gay.

Comment

The customer should prolly read the terms on the back of the invoice...
              -Caleb

Crawl Daddy Champion 2011

1999 XJ 4 inchs of lift or so, 35s and some other stuff.

Comment

The invoice on ALL yards invoices say that the accessories on the motor are there for the customers convince, and are not covered under any warranty. I believe an injection pump is a accsorie of sort so there fore not covered. stop being a bitch, and do your damn job.
                -Caleb

Crawl Daddy Champion 2011

1999 XJ 4 inchs of lift or so, 35s and some other stuff.

Comment

Selling a diesel with a bad or nonexistent injection pump is like selling a motor with no cylinder heads.
                  2000 XJ: "The Black Jeep"
                  MK2 Jetta > M3
                  Chairman of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

It makes The motor run its not an accessory. Therefore it's covered after speaking with the sales manager. He has to battle with the yard he got it from cause that guy says he had five eye witnesses seeing it run. But it also was missing glow plugs how the fuck does it run without those I ask? The oil pan had so much rot it had permatex holding it together. I was told it was rusty not rotted through I had to weld the holes shut on the other pan where TE piston had gone through lol to install it on the new motor.
                    Dizz dizz go sleep sleep

Driver 4677 FSM vehicle

Comment

Originally posted by wannabejeep View Post
                      those 6.5 injection pumps are big money too. I'd be bullshit if I were the customer
                      pensacola diesel, they are like 450

Comment

Motor ha a cracked head just my luck
                        Dizz dizz go sleep sleep

Driver 4677 FSM vehicle

Comment

Sounds like it's a giant piece of shit.
                          sigpic
                          Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

Yup junkyard is taking it back which means I have to pull it again and install another one
                            Dizz dizz go sleep sleep

Driver 4677 FSM vehicle

Comment

after seeing it with all the missing shit I would have sent it back from the get go, way too much for what it was supposed to be
                              Dan.
                              2000 XJ, BJ 60 front, welded, 5.13's, 3 link, ruffstuff heims. D70 rear, detroit, 5.13's, discs. stretched. trail ready beadlocks. 39" Red labels. 4:1 Klune V-drive/D20, PSC full hydro

http://www.facebook.com/people/Dan-M...00000913365979
                              www.DMROFFROAD.com

Comment

Working...
                              X