jury duty........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jury duty........

Do i have to fucking go...... i dont want to ....... will they arrest me........ can i go drunk?

all help/advice taken.....

thanks
    -98 XJ 4.5" lift , 35's, trimmed, locked, geared, flexy
    -14 Subaru STI hatch Stage 2ish
    -54 Dodge Power wagon M-37
    -57 GMC Pickup
    -Tim (OIIIIIO)

Not sure if it works anymore, but last time my dad had to go for that, he went there and acted incredibly racist. Needless to say they didn't pick him.
    Hudson

Build Thread - http://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/...d.php?t=121903

No Amount Of Money Is Worth Your Sanity.

Comment

Originally posted by Hudson View Post
      Not sure if it works anymore, but last time my dad had to go for that, he went there and acted incredibly racist. Needless to say they didn't pick him.
      if i dont show they cant choose me right? so the question is what happens if i DONT GO........
      -57 GMC Pickup
      -Tim (OIIIIIO)

Comment

Originally posted by CntStpTheStnk06 View Post
        if i dont show they cant choose me right? so the question is what happens if i DONT GO........
        Don't fuck with them. Go. Act like an asshole and you won't get picked.
        2000 XJ: "The Black Jeep"
        MK2 Jetta > M3
        Chairman of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

if you dont go, they can fine you / go after you for contempt of court. better off going and act like you know the name or something to get out of it
          up to 40% off parts from advance auto parts, buy online and pick up at store for free-click here!
          eliminator MJ - Sold
          99 TJ on 36's - Sold 95 ZJ -parted out/scrapped
          Current Project - 'Family hauler' 2001 XJ

Comment

just go and be done with it
            2005 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
            1945 Willys-Overland CJ2A

Comment

From what i understand the letter they sent is not certified mail so there is no proof you ever received it. If you throw it out and don't go they will never know.. i have never done this though but know people who have many times
              I drive a Datsun

Comment

i got out of it by telling them i couldnt afford to miss a single day or work or id loose my job. if that didnt work i would have gone in looking like a fool and caused a huge scene so i wasnt picked

Comment

so I went last month in Bridgporttttt was a blast went and sat in a room with a bunch of loonys one crazy lady keep me laughing the whole day got to watch food network on tv for 8 hours straight until they told me i could go home because they didnt need me . Btw they had 75 people there and they only needed 6 because there was only one case that day ..

Great ole day of funn go !
                  01 tj

Comment

I had to go once,all the jurors went into the court room and the case was for a shooting that happened at a package store in west haven,luckily i was the second person picked to be interviewed and after they had explained the case they asked me if if felt i would be able to make a fair judgement,then i explained to them my view of the illegal pistol that was used in the shooting and that i was a legal and responsible gun owner.Then i was dismissed,it was 11 am and i was out.Got paid for the rest of the day.

Comment

ya my beef is i have to miss work....... and a full day of it witch is a fair amount of pay...... and they wont compensate that.......
                      -57 GMC Pickup
                      -Tim (OIIIIIO)

Comment

theyre supposed to i thought
                        2005 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
                        1945 Willys-Overland CJ2A

Comment

Originally posted by CntStpTheStnk06 View Post
                          ya my beef is i have to miss work....... and a full day of it witch is a fair amount of pay...... and they wont compensate that.......
                          The state doesn't but your job has to. That's the way it was at pretty much every job I've been at. The state only compensates if you end up having to serve on a jury.
                          2000 XJ: "The Black Jeep"
                          MK2 Jetta > M3
                          Chairman of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

Do you have to go to the New Haven courthouse? Reschedule your day for black friday or christmas eve, we don't do anything on those days, and you are almost guaranteed to be on the do not show up list when you call the night before.

When I get called for jury duty (yes, its crazy they still make us serve) I just never show up/respond. The jury administration has no way to prove the mail ever made it to your door b/c its not certified. I know I personally won't get in trouble for it, and I wouldn't recommend anyone else doing it because you technically can get in trouble for it.

Comment

If you call 40 bucks compensation then yes, they do! but just be racistest or bias, you will get out of it!

Comment

Working...
                              X