Anyone have a problem whit these quotes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone have a problem whit these quotes

“There are 47 percent of the people who will vote for the president (Obama) no matter what,” Romney responded. “All right, there are 47 percent who are with him, who are dependent upon government, who believe that they are victims, who believe that government has a responsibility to care for them, who believe that they are entitled to health care, to food, to housing, to you name it. That’s an entitlement. And the government should give it to them. And they will vote for this president no matter what.

“And I mean, the president starts off with 48, 49, 48 (percent) — he starts off with a huge number. These are people who pay no income tax. Forty-seven percent of Americans pay no income tax. So our message of low taxes doesn’t connect. And he’ll be out there talking about tax cuts for the rich. I mean that’s what they sell every four years. And so my job is not to worry about those people — I’ll never convince them that they should take personal responsibility and care for their lives.”

I see no issue with what he said. Naybe he could have had it come off a little better. However, Romney is 100% correct. Why would anyone vote for someone who brings up the ideas of work ethic and responsibility.
    Sergeant Sergeant Master Sergeant Shooter Person

MS Paint " Its like painting with a sauce covered piece of pasta".

Official In Crowd member.

I agree was the wording a little meh? Ya. But he is right.
    Dizz dizz go sleep sleep

Driver 4677 FSM vehicle

Comment

"I agree was the wording a little meh? Ya. But he is right."

Your words roll off the keys like a sweet symphony. Chaucer would have been grateful to have heard your eloquent diction.

Comment

Not a chance in hell that I'm voting for Obungo Hussein anyway, so Romney can just keep on rambling. I'd like to see factual proof that 47% of Americans don't pay income tax though.

I'm more concerned about what Oblammo won't tell us, especially with this whole 'Fast and Furious' scandal that's being blatantly ignored by the media.
        sigpic
        Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

There are tens of millions of people who don't pay income tax. I would say 47% is accurate. You cant just think it's only the couch potatoes who don't pay. Retired senior citizens, the physically disabled, college students, people working under the table or low-income, and military members overseas. The retired senior citizens is the biggest group. By 2020, 17% of the us population will be over 65 years of age. I would bet that the 47% quote is close. The problem comes when you generalize such a large population of Americans. There are a lot of people within that number who would have voted for Romney. In the end what he said was right. However, the way he said it was not very smart. In order to beat Obama, Romney has to not come off like the "white corporate Big wig asshole".

Comment

The 47% is a factual number straight from the Congressional Budget Office referring to people who don't pay federal income taxes. Doesn't take into account payroll taxes or state taxes.

Comment

Good point, I never really thought of it that way, especially in terms of the Senior Citizens because I thought their retirement funds were taxed at some point or another, not necessarily income tax, but a tax nonetheless.

As for the quotes themselves, yes, Romney painted with a very broad brush, though I understand what he was trying to say; too bad there are many people within that 47% that will probably still vote for him. He may have affected those still on the fence and swing voters, but hopefully he pulls his shit together.
              Last edited by Buffalo Phil; 09-21-2012, 09:07 AM.
              sigpic
              Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

The only people butthurt are the liberal media. The statements didn't move the polls at all.

I just can't wait for the debates. It's going to be glorious
                No worries, I'm not actually back, I'm just reminiscing about the old days.

ForSure Motorsports
                Win or Lose, We Booze.

Vice President of Internal Affairs at Dirty Donny's House of Hookers

Comment

Working...
                X