Computer Shortcuts.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Computer Shortcuts.

Can we make a thread of computer shortcuts that you use on a regular basis that others might not know about? Also add ons that everyone should have that you use daily.

Make sure to post what; browser (Firefox, IE, Safari, Chrome, etc), and OS you're on (XP, Vista, 7, etc) you're using.

I'm on XP and am currently using Firefox.

Make sure to post if you didn't know about one of these, i'm curious. I use these ones without thinking.

- If you want to open a files properties hold down your alt key and double click it.

- If you want to open a link in another tab, click on the link with your scroll wheel on your mouse.

- If you want to close a tab without right clicking --> close tab once again just click on it with your scroll wheel and it will close.

- If you don't want to type in the "www." or the ".com" in a link simply type in the website "sisoffroad" then press "CTRL" and "Enter" at the same time. It will add both of those and go to the website for you.

- As for add ons, i always use "Adblock Plus" set with the "Easy List". This blocks just about all ads on every website including the annoying ads at the beginning of youtube videos. I've been using it for about two years, and have noticed that sometimes i need to disable it to open up some websites.

List will be continued as i think of more.
    Hudson

Build Thread - http://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/...d.php?t=121903

No Amount Of Money Is Worth Your Sanity.

I type "sis" and enter in chrome and it goes to the home page automatically.
    2000 XJ: "The Black Jeep"
    MK2 Jetta > M3
    Chairman of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

Originally posted by SwampAss View Post
      /thread
      - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
      or am asians pants not a read end lol.
      Originally posted by DizzDizz
      aliens probed my husband

Comment

Lame..my homepage is the forum. And I have chrome set to open it along with a fresh tab on launch
        -00 XJ. 3.5", 33s. Stuff
        https://www.facebook.com/M3TALurgist
        I Love Scott Decker and Erik Miller
        -Ian

"Blood makes you related, Loyalty makes you family"

Comment

Only if you have been to sisoffroad.com before on that computer.

Close all your tabs and clear your browser data and try it again.

Comment

Originally posted by Lumbergh View Post
            Only if you have been to sisoffroad.com before on that computer.

Close all your tabs and clear your browser data and try it again.
            Wow, do you have a degree in computers?????????
            - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
            or am asians pants not a read end lol.
            Originally posted by DizzDizz
            aliens probed my husband

Comment

I heard if you delete 'system32' that you computer runs like a champ afterwards, works better than defragging the harddrive....
              sigpic
              Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

Hahahahaah
                I drive a Datsun

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo Phil View Post
                  I heard if you delete 'system32' that you computer runs like a champ afterwards, works better than defragging the harddrive....
                  Read this if you haven't any time to do anything else.

Tldr; Kid deletes system 32 on his dads computer, asks for help to fix it. Advised he needs to reformat it, he does so, but fucks up somehow. He's then informed that he just deleted all the data on the HD. He gets paranoid, and asks is there a way to recover the data hes deleted. Gets advised to fix it he needs to run a huge magnet across the HD to get the memory back. He does this. He's then informed what he's done. His dad gets home, and he's never heard from again.

Last edited by Hudson; 08-16-2012, 01:02 AM.
                  Hudson

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo Phil View Post
                    bet you can't triforce

Comment

Comment

Last edited by Lumbergh; 08-16-2012, 01:05 AM.

Comment

Something strongly tells me that you tried to triforce in that last post, but realized it didn't work so you edited it out and replaced it with that smiley.

Hudson

Comment

Originally posted by Hudson View Post
                            Something strongly tells me that you tried to triforce in that last post, but realized it didn't work so you edited it out and replaced it with that smiley.

Nah, he's just post whoring.
                            sigpic
                            Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

This works for all forums.

If you want to clear someones post count just highlight the (Post: XXX) and push both alt-f4 at the same time.
                              Last edited by customcreationsllc; 08-16-2012, 12:33 PM.
                              RCrocs #123 Brown CJ-5
                              www.offroadcustomcreations.com

Sponsors:
                              Corbeau, Tom Wood, PSC, Polyperformance, Inner Air Lock, Miller Welds, Heavymetal Concepts

Comment

Working...
                              X