BUGS ARE STUPID.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BUGS ARE STUPID.

A water strider sucking the liquified organs from its meal.
    This photo was taken at the Gentile-Sorrentino National Wildlife Reserve of Shelton.

Black and White / Bald Faced Hornet

Harvester Ants rearranging their crops

Carpenter Ants with pupae

Longhorn Beetle

Green Lacewing
    sigpic
    Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

carpenter ants ones are the best ones!!!!
    Last edited by hoggie101; 08-13-2012, 08:17 PM. Reason: i can spell :yes:
    2000 xj 4.5 clayton longarms with wontons with a touch of
    97' zj
    2012 surbra imperza DD
    im a motivation machine like the hammer and sickle in communism

Comment

Keep an eye out for emerald ash borers. I need to know if you find any. Also I got stung by a stupid fuckin bald face hornet yesterday for no reason. My arm is fat, red, hot and numb today.
      1993 XJ sport 3.5" rustys 33" MTZ's armored.
      1999 sierra
      1967 M725 Big and Slow
      -Dan

Comment

Originally posted by wannabejeep View Post
        Keep an eye out for emerald ash borers. I need to know if you find any. Also I got stung by a stupid fuckin bald face hornet yesterday for no reason. My arm is fat, red, hot and numb today.
        Any particular reason why? School project? I know the borers looks like longhorns, but the ones I've only seen are nocturnal. I have yet to see any during the day, despite the amount of dead trees I turn over and dig through.

As for the BFH, yeah, I took two pictures and the thing flew right at me and I ran for my life.
        sigpic

Comment

Yeah the Emerald Ash borer is an invasive insect that they recently found an outbreak of in New Haven County. It's going to kill all of the Ash trees in CT eventually, but the DEEP (myself included) are attempting to slow or at least monitor the spread. You'll likely find these on standing Ash trees that are dying. Once the tree is dead they move on to another one. They only feed on Ash.

These borers don't really look like longhorns. They kinda look like a bad ass grasshopper with bigger eyes and a pearlescent green paint job.
          1993 XJ sport 3.5" rustys 33" MTZ's armored.
          1999 sierra
          1967 M725 Big and Slow
          -Dan

Comment

Originally posted by wannabejeep View Post
            Yeah the Emerald Ash borer is an invasive insect that they recently found an outbreak of in New Haven County. It's going to kill all of the Ash trees in CT eventually, but the DEEP (myself included) are attempting to slow or at least monitor the spread. You'll likely find these on standing Ash trees that are dying. Once the tree is dead they move on to another one. They only feed on Ash.

These borers don't really look like longhorns. They kinda look like a bad ass grasshopper with bigger eyes and a pearlescent green paint job.
            Okay, good to know. I'll keep an eye out for them now that I know what they look like. The borers I have seen like the cottonwood borer and the root borer resemble longhorn beetles much more than the Ash borer.
            sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X