ATTN Bow Hunters - help please!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ATTN Bow Hunters - help please!

My buddy's sister is trying to sell her ex-fiancee's bow. The guys a complete dead beat and wont pay child support so don't get all bent out of shape of it. I figured some of you guys might know the value of the thing or know where to find out what its valued at. Heres all I know about it:

It was bought in 2001 for $700.00. Its a whitetail elite.

Side note: she offered it to me for $250. Good deal or bad deal? If anyone knows what a bow of this caliber goes for, let me know please!

I don't always drink orange juice, but when I do, I prefer to chew it. #madpulp

Check Ebay? That could be around the price, but whitetail elite sounds like a model not a brand.

A bow that old would probably need to be restrung that runs like $120.

And there is a big difference in bows in 11 years. Basically they got smaller, lighter and shoot faster. As long as you can hit your target it really doesn't matter what you shoot with.

most important make sure it is the correct draw length basically how long your arms are.
    is he the same height as you?
    Then you need to buy arrows based on draw length and stiffness based on the weight of the bow.

good luck
    RCrocs #123 Brown CJ-5
    www.offroadcustomcreations.com

Sponsors:
    Corbeau, Tom Wood, PSC, Polyperformance, Inner Air Lock, Miller Welds, Heavymetal Concepts

Comment

Thanks Justin.

Go figure, hes taller then me so the draw length and break point are not going to be correct for me. I already know that for a fact. Is the draw something that gets re-adjusted when it gets strung?

Comment

No each bow is only adjustable a small amount. Some need to release the sting to adjust some you can adjust with the string on.

Try google see what sizes they offer.
        My bow says something like 55-75lbs 25-28"

I wouldn't go crazy on the power you need to be able to hold back the bow for a while when you are hunting.

Also if you use a release you need a shorter draw because the release is longer than your fingers.

Basically they have you pull back a bow with an arrow marked out with distances then you set your bow up to that or try out a bow that you think is close to your size.

All the accessories add up quick. sights, rest, release, arrows etc. does it come with any of that stuff?

Bow hunting is cool because the season is long it starts in mid September and ends end of January, and you can hunt just about anywhere no land/ distance from building restrictions like with a gun.
        RCrocs #123 Brown CJ-5
        www.offroadcustomcreations.com

Sponsors:
        Corbeau, Tom Wood, PSC, Polyperformance, Inner Air Lock, Miller Welds, Heavymetal Concepts

Comment

Good info Justin. I used a release before with a bow that was way to big for me. The break point of the bow was right where you transition from a pull with chest muscles to back muscles making the break really hard for me with our without the release. From the picture it doesn't look like it has sights. They might be somewhere else for it, she really doesn't know anything about it otherwise I would ask her. I'm going to google around and see what I can find especially for someone of my size.

Comment

be careful, if the bow is what im thinking of its a bear whitetail, there's different versions of the elite series, i have a bear, but its a cheap &%$, the elite series the better series, i have a classics bear whitetail, its really only good for targets. check the series number, might sound dumb but if you call gander mountain there pretty good about that stuff

Comment

Andrew bought an older Fred Bear a bit ago from craigslist. It shoots straight and is fairly comfortable. However, New bows are incredible compared to older ones. Mine is a middle of the road PSE, The Brute. Shooting mine compared to his is night and day and Andrew has actually missed a few deer because the bow is just not very powerful (so he claims, i think he just sucks). If you want to get a bow just buy a new one. Mine has a lot of adjustability that you can try at home, but a lot of bow shops offer set ups and sight ins if you buy em there. Either way it is highly recommended to take it to a sop anyway for any adjustments. I got lucky and mine fits me well straight from the factory and was $500 with sight, rest, quiver, etc.
              P8R

2012 Honda Accord - For DD/MPG Porpoises - Cooper Tire: Count on Cooper
              2014 Granite Crystal WK2 Limited - Nitto Tire: Fueled by Enthusiasts

Poontang Pro 300EX 42" - For lawn porpoises
              OG KOT #4736 Semper Sky Rock Racing/Standardbred Racing Designs 15.5 HP Turbo-Cool Craftsman, 6 Spd w/ crawl box, fat turf treads, Custom paint, and a red onzie

Comment

Ditto I cant believe the difference from my 2012 Supra to my old junk. Super smooth pull, decent back wall, really fast. Tech has come a long way since that bow was made.

Comment

agreed....mine is accurate, but the power isnt there. i lost two deer this year due to lack of penetration.(giggity) I wasnt pleased....

97 TJ that I think is pretty neat.

Comment

Working...
                  X