No announcement yet.

Trike Drifting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• that should work...and dickerman...those wheels work mint but itll work better with PVC...im so happy its almost 100%
    1998 Jetta GLX VR6 Raceland Optimo coilovers, c2 chip, CAI, straightpipe to magnaflow muffler, e-codes, billet alum. crackpipe. 42 draft designs SAI blockoff.

Comment

• BORKED

Comment

• Don't Panic

Comment

• just some food for thought
          Don't Panic

Comment

• The video Dave posted above is fucking sweet.

I'm pretty torn on my tires at the moment. How do you think they stick the pvc onto rubber tires?
            Is it egg nog season yet?

Comment

• I would call that The ShinGrinder
              dirty30

Comment

• Originally posted by Calabrate2 View Post
                Introducing the nutt burner 5000 it burns your nuts as fast as you can pedal, aslo gets rid of that hard to reach taint hair
                2000 xj 4.5 clayton longarms with wontons with a touch of
                97' zj
                2012 surbra imperza DD
                im a motivation machine like the hammer and sickle in communism

Comment

• I do hate when I have an itch in that hard to reach taint area...

Comment

• Harbor freight has 8in pneumatic wheels with hubs and tires for $7
                    Don't Panic

Comment

• i spent a long time in tractor supply last night looking for wheels.... they have tons of them but all weird sizes..... so then i went over to the pulley section and found the perfect idler pulleys with a perfect 5 inch OD and 5/8" hole with ball bearings. the 5/8" bearing should give me a really strong setup.
                      only problem was they only had 1 in stock...

my idea is to get 14 inches of 6"x.5"wall pvc, then ill get a foot of 5"x.5"wall pvc (could even use 5" steel tube)
                      cut the 5" pvc into four 3" sections, cut the 6" into two 7"sections

i will place the pulley in the center of the 6 inch pvc then samwich the pulley with 2 5" peices. this should make a pretty sweet and strong wheel.... then i can cut the wheel down to whatever size i want..... i figure ill start with 7 inch then step down from there till i like it.
                      Last edited by justtorchit; 03-16-2012, 08:51 AM.
                      Originally posted by Ktmracer419
                      some people choose video games
                      some choose projects
                      some choose welding random things together

Comment

• Originally posted by Calabrate2 View Post
                        Harbor freight has 8in pneumatic wheels with hubs and tires for $7
                        They are said to be weak and that once you start getting sideways, that'll be the end of those.

Comment

• I read that last night on some forum, however they have to be stronger than the plastic lawnmover wheels and they should last long enough to figure out if i want to pop for go kart wheels with greasable hubs.
                          Don't Panic

Comment

• what are your thoughts on using a solid round tube maybe 1in and using a lathe to machine off the ends to 5/8ths to accept a wheel with a hub, then threading it to lock the wheel on. maybe even a small hole drilled through for a cotter pin as a safety.
                            Don't Panic

Comment

• Originally posted by 04WranglerX View Post
                              And if my explaination wasn't good enough, this is what I mean.

I learned how to draft from the school of dickerman, but you get the idea.

Feedback?
                              How do you plan on cutting 6" PVC square? (I understand the diagram, I'm just asking because everything is going to depend on how square those pipe ends are.)
                              Last edited by Lumbergh; 03-16-2012, 12:09 PM.

Comment

• Sawzall and belt sander to clean it up is what ill try.

Comment

Working...
                                X