Mikes Movie Report: Knowing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mikes Movie Report: Knowing

Academy Award® Winner Nicolas Cage stars in KNOWING, a gripping action-thriller of global proportions about a professor who stumbles on terrifying predictions about the future—and sets out to prevent them from coming true.
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHw8URgDvxM[/ame]

I just saw this movie tonight. Its defiantly a movie you should check out, kept me on the edge of my seat the whole 2 hours. I had goosebumps throughout various stages of the movie. Very dramatic, and hard to predictic what was coming next. Even better, there is a jeep cherokee in it that gets hit by a mac truck and rolls 3 or 4 times. Was geno driving the jeep cherokee? Well, I wont divulge who was driving the XJ, just go see the damn movie, its fawking awesome.

Mikes movie rating

4 out of 5

nice it looks like a good movie to see. im just sick off all these movies were the world its going to blow up or freeze over
    98 XJ 4.5 32inch cooper STT DC-1 black KC daylighters 4.10s

Its not just a jeep.

Comment

it is getting played out a little much, the whole world is gonna end thing. I think lots of topics get played out too much though, mushy gushy love stories, zombies, ghost stories, action movies. Whatever.

There is some religious analogies and hidden meanings in the ending. Anyone who can figure them out, kudos to you.

Comment

does it say anything about 2012?

Its not just a jeep.

Comment

Nothing about 2012. All happened October 13th, 2009.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
            it is getting played out a little much, the whole world is gonna end thing. I think lots of topics get played out too much though, mushy gushy love stories, zombies, ghost stories, action movies. Whatever.

There is some religious analogies and hidden meanings in the ending. Anyone who can figure them out, kudos to you.
            I dunno, I still have yet to find a good zombie movie worth watching. The resident evil movies not only sucked but were downright insulting at some points and while 28 days later was decent, 28 weeks later sucked. Dawn of the Dead Series was meh, too much hollywood bullshit. Shaun of the Dead was funny though. lol.
            sigpic
            Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

ok

Its not just a jeep.

Comment

It was a good movie but the ending kinda made it a bit retarded but the carnage was interesting and was good. The little religious stuff at the end was kinda like yeah but its like a men in black kinda Ooo hey look at that kinda not a O CRAP kinda ending. Still good movie.
                XJ
                MJ
                Buick??

Comment

the religious part I was referring to was the tree at the end.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                    the religious part I was referring to was the tree at the end.
                    ? explain havent seen the movie but i want to know lol

Its not just a jeep.

Comment

not going to ruin it. PM or AIM ( mike11660 ) if you want to know the spoiler.

Comment

See I want to see it but Nicolas Cage seems to continuously play the same role just altered very slightly. I like nicolas cage but this movie seemed similar to National treasure. Hidden meaning on some piece of history leads him on some wild adventure. I will probably check it out.
                        1993 XJ sport 3.5" rustys 33" MTZ's armored.
                        1999 sierra
                        1967 M725 Big and Slow
                        -Dan

Comment

Hopefully the whole world is gonna end theme will be better in this movie then the other movies out there with the same theme. Much like the whole theme of dead spirits coming back to kill people like another movie out there today is getting kinda old.
                          "Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but rising up everytime we fail."

-Melanie-

Comment

Originally posted by wannabejeep View Post
                            See I want to see it but Nicolas Cage seems to continuously play the same role just altered very slightly.
                            This is the case with almost every single big time actor. Will Smith, Adam Sandler, Vince Vaughn, Will Ferrell, just to name a few.

All their characters are very similar because they portray that personality very well. If they acted completely different for each of their roles it would be very confusing and wouldn't make a very good movie.

Comment

Originally posted by fullwidthxj191 View Post
                              This is the case with almost every single big time actor. Will Smith, Adam Sandler, Vince Vaughn, Will Ferrell, just to name a few.

All their characters are very similar because they portray that personality very well. If they acted completely different for each of their roles it would be very confusing and wouldn't make a very good movie.
                              true. for example jim carrey. great in comedies, but when he wants to do something serious like "the number 23" it sucks
                              P8R

2012 Honda Accord - For DD/MPG Porpoises - Cooper Tire: Count on Cooper
                              2014 Granite Crystal WK2 Limited - Nitto Tire: Fueled by Enthusiasts

Poontang Pro 300EX 42" - For lawn porpoises
                              OG KOT #4736 Semper Sky Rock Racing/Standardbred Racing Designs 15.5 HP Turbo-Cool Craftsman, 6 Spd w/ crawl box, fat turf treads, Custom paint, and a red onzie

Comment

Working...
                              X