Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The new HMC website. Help, people of SiS.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The new HMC website. Help, people of SiS.

I need to do a functionality test with more people than myself and Nicole

the site isnt live, its just on the backend right now being made.

http://heavymetalconcepts.com/

with that said, nothing on the site is "DONE" except the frame work of it, so plz spare me suggestions/advice on the design aspect or if text isnt right. the only things i would consider at least 90% done would be the portfolio section and the main page.

what i need to know is, how well does it flow for the average user?
    is there anything that isnt on there you would like to see from a media business, whether it be about the racing we cover to the services, or a feature on the website?
    is everything on the site easily navigable for you?

stuff like that.

note: the online store does not exist yet. and the contact page is super bare bones just on a functionality level
    - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
    or am asians pants not a read end lol.
    Originally posted by DizzDizz
    aliens probed my husband

looks excelent! love it dig the (+) and (-) on the edge of the main frame, animated links on the top (change color and drop down, nice touch).

its... dynamic. As in you move the mouse and stuff is happening, looks HD and extremely professional
    "when I'm riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive...when I stop riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive"

Comment

who made it, or what did you use to make it? dreamweaver?
      "when I'm riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive...when I stop riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive"

Comment

thats refreshing to hear..

i am glad you dig it at first sight

doing a lot of work to make the site content driven this time around, and tie in with social networking a lot more. i wanna make sure everything is good for the average user before i launch it...hard to gauge on my own
        - Will

aliens probed my husband

Comment

Originally posted by grundlepunch View Post
          who made it, or what did you use to make it? dreamweaver?
          im making it. all my sites in the past (the one live right now for example) has been made 100% in photoshop, then to fireworks, then to dreamweaver for final coding.

this one i took the framework functionality of a wordpress template, and modified it all to fit what i needed. i am doing it mainly to integrate the blog into the website instead of a seperate site, and to allow my portfolio to be expandable and include youtube...something my current site doesnt allow in its state
          - Will

aliens probed my husband

Comment

Looks nice!. Only thing I would maybe do is make facebook....twitter....youtube pop alittle bit more, If you plan on keeping those things up to date and want people to click on those regularly.

Overall though, That looks sick!

Comment

Originally posted by Pat View Post
              Looks nice!. Only thing I would maybe do is make facebook....twitter....youtube pop alittle bit more, If you plan on keeping those things up to date and want people to click on those regularly.

im glad you mentioned this...this has been on my mind all day and is part of the reason i made this thread. i want to continue with our facebook being a driving force, so I should make it more apparrent...needed to see if anyone else thought so.

thanks for the suggestion dude
              - Will

aliens probed my husband

Comment

Originally posted by Pat View Post

i noticed the bar at the bottom of the page almost instantly, and went and checked out his twitter page.

i know what you mean, but i think there is a fine line..... like you dont want to be pushy about it. if that makes sense

Comment

i noticed the bar at the bottom of the page almost instantly, and went and checked out his twitter page.

i know what you mean, but i think there is a fine line..... like you dont want to be pushy about it. if that makes sense
                  i'd like it if people sounded off about this specific detail.

interesting to hear the contrasting thoughts. normally im on dana's train of thought on this because my job is mostly web obsessive
                  - Will

aliens probed my husband

Comment

another concern of mine on the portfolio page, photography for example...whether it will be clear to people if the first page is all there is, or if they notice to go to the 2nd and 3rd page.
                    - Will

aliens probed my husband

Comment

It flows well. I do think the fb/twitter could be a little more pronounced, but not overly done.
                      2000 XJ: "The Black Jeep"
                      MK2 Jetta > M3
                      Chairman of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

is it supposed to be in french?? or some other language than english??
                        2013 F150 fx4 (Tow Pig/DD)
                        • 5.0 with the 3.73 option

2003 TJ Rubicon
                        • 4.0/42rle/np241or
                        • 5.13's
                        • 3" Savvy/Currie suspension with acos
                        • 33” BFG KO2s

Comment

Very true, I was referring more to the top right hand side of the page, Someone the goes onto the site originally is instantly drawn to the blue HMC, where the gray Facebook twitter and youtube may blend into the background more. Im not saying you need a red text, maybe a white just so it stands out a tad more, At least at the top to sort of draw people away from the blue HMC and to the facebook etc...

I do agree that there is a fine line, I dont think you need to make CHECK US OUT ON ..... like some sites do, just mess with the font color maybe?

Comment

Originally posted by SupermanIce-J View Post
                            is it supposed to be in french?? or some other language than english??
                            http://www.lipsum.com/
                            - Will

aliens probed my husband

Comment

IC. looks good to me.
                              2013 F150 fx4 (Tow Pig/DD)
                              • 5.0 with the 3.73 option

2003 TJ Rubicon
                              • 4.0/42rle/np241or