MY AA RANT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MY AA RANT

So, as some of you know, recently did another axle swap in green.
    -I know U bolts are not suppose to be re-used EVER
    -Forgot to purchase the ones i wanted (grade 8, off internet somewhere)
    -Was ballls deep into project on a sunday afternoon
    -Did not break AND OR STRIP ANY of my Grade 8 Rusty's U Bolts--second axle for those U Bolts
    -Figure I would pick up new ones while at Advance, ONLY IF THEY HAD PROPER GRADE 8 STUFF FOR ME AXLE, while buying brake hardware/shoes
    -We find some GOLD ONES- OOOOOOO SHINY!!! NO-ware on the box does it say grade 8, so I ask the punk ass in the beanie if they are grade 8, he ASSURES ME THAT THEY ARE, SO I trusted that EVEN STILL being skeptical of them, because I KNOW THEY SELL SHIT!
    -I HAVE ALWAYS been skeptical of EVERYTHING bought from that shit hole that is not oil or a filter
    -I was tightening them down, by hand (standard junkyard 1/2 wrench) just to get them snugged for fitting, then was going to use the breaker bar to tighten them
    -THE FUCKING NUTS STRIPPED THE THREADS AS SOON AS SOME TORQUE WAS APPLIED BY MY GIGANTIC MAN ARMS.
    -So I said and took my big u bolt nuts from the other set and spun them down ontop of the shit ass ones just to get the fuckin jeep out of my buddy's garage and home.
    -Shoulda just put on the old ones and not worried, but again THIRD axle was pushing it
    -Went to AA yesterday in my truck, with reciept in hand for U Bolts, (U bolts still on my Jeep), picked up some oil change ramps. and Proceeded to enquire about my MONEY BITCH

HERE IS THE FUN PART

-I ask they guy at the counter if I could get my money back.... he said there is nothing he can do without the U Bolts, I said I need re-embursment FIRST, then I will bring in YOUR JUNK U BOLTS. He still gives me a line of bull shit!
    -I ask to speak to someone else in charge, LUCKEY ME the guy with the blue shirt just happened to be in the store
    -So fake smily regional office manager blue shirt assclown comes walking over to me to try to 'straighten things out' so to speak. I told him the issue, he began giving me the same line of bull shit..... and I began to start loosing my cool

I SAY- WHO IS GOING TO RE-EMBURSE ME FOR MY WASTED SUNDAY? WHO IS GOING TO RE-emburse me or my girlfriend when the axle detatches from your 'grade 8 U-bolts" While going down the road?
    He then begins to tell me to calm to more than once, or will be asked to leave.
    So I cooperate, him and the idiot behind the counter to go find the U bolts, he comes back and says "ok give us you credit card information, your address, your phone number and we will credit your card" I said, I don't have a 'credit' card (it's a debit card ), and that I WILL NOT BE giving HIM ANY OF MY PERSONAL INFORMATION TO THEM.

-He says, well, I don't know what we can do for you if you don't have a credit card, so we will give you another set of U bolt, then give us back the bad ones.

-I LAUGH OUT LOUD AND SAID "WHAT ARe you CRAZYYYYYY????? YOU HONESTLY Think I WANT ANOTHER SET OF THOSE POS THINGS? GOOD GOD WHAT ARE YOU THINKING!? AFTER I BRING IN YOUR JUNK PARTS YOU WILL NEVER SEE ME AGAIN!! I HAVE BEEN SPENDING A LOT OF MONEY IN THIS PARTICULAR STORE FOR ALMOST A DECADE! MY NAME IS ON FILE!!!!!! HAS BEEN FOR YEARS!!! WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO FOR ME SIR????

He says, oh, ok well give us your license so we can take down some info, then we will credit your mastercard, (this is after he looked at my reciept and noticed how i paid for the shit bolts in the first place)

I end up paying like $2 for my ramps and walked out with a promise that I may be able to get the U Bolts BACK to Them, After I switch them FOR SOME QUALITY UNITS, BY MAYBE A week from Next Monday
    Last edited by snowblur17; 12-08-2011, 02:32 PM.

I drive a Datsun

Comment

-Caleb

Crawl Daddy Champion 2011

1999 XJ 4 inchs of lift or so, 35s and some other stuff.

Comment

you sound like a douche. buy shit parts, what do you expect?

Comment

You should go "occupy" something. I bet you cross threaded them. Can i get the time back that i wasted on reading your vagina monologues
          Sergeant Sergeant Master Sergeant Shooter Person

MS Paint " Its like painting with a sauce covered piece of pasta".

Official In Crowd member.

Comment

To be completely fair I understand your plight, but at the same time you can't expect them to give you your money back as you drive away with the product bolted to you vehicle.
            dirty30

Comment

the guys behind the counter just sell the stuff, they dont make it.

and you cant get money back for them if they are on your jeep and in use haha

oh and whenever you return something on a CC you need to give them your info, just the nature of it. ive done it there b4.

way to give the guys a hard time
              "when I'm riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive...when I stop riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive"

Comment

really?

okay some of the guys there are dumb as fuck and will sell ya anything....

but.
                i repeat
                BUTTTT

i have u bolts from there, and have on the passed 4 jeeps ive had.

i know the ones ur talking about, fine thread, shiny, yada yada yada....

why the fuck did you tighten them with a breaker bar!!!!!
                they dont need to be!!!!
                they dont need to be grade 8 for U bolts.... infact i like the fact that they are not. i tighten them till they are tight. (you can tell when the plate starts bending) then drive for a few weeks and turn them a quarter turn max. and they are good to go......
                Originally posted by Ktmracer419
                some people choose video games
                some choose projects
                some choose welding random things together

Comment

this went well
                  - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
                  or am asians pants not a read end lol.
                  Originally posted by DizzDizz
                  aliens probed my husband

Comment

just to throw this out there.... anyone in the Norwich area that goes to advanced auto...

use the code word :

RIZZO

thats rizzo with two zees
                    are eye zee zee oh

and you will get ur parts at the lowest price they can give them to you

it will save you bigggggg bux
                    Originally posted by Ktmracer419
                    some people choose video games
                    some choose projects
                    some choose welding random things together

Comment

i remember those crappy things. they're grade 5.

I used to love when customers would tell me to re-imburse them for their time that i wasted. Basically if you have a receipt from a mechanic that installed a defective part only to need a new one and still charged you....... that's the only time, EVER. and even then it would have to go through corporate.

I had a customer get extremely angry over this one day, making a scene in the store. I simply told him i was sorry but i could not do anything for wasting his saturday by selling him an alternator, that i built, BTW......

I also gave him a corporate phone number and told him to find a lawyer to lay down a civil lawsuit for one saturday afternoon I did not give him a discount, nor even be polite with the man, because he couldn't seem to show me some respect..... The guy that tracked down the part on a saturday, on my lunch break, drove to east haven to pick it up, only to be called an idiot.

That was the point where i told him he was the idiot and that the job should only take an hour maximum and not all day on a saturday. I then told him that if wasn't such a cheap bastard and bought a new one instead of a reman one for $30 more, there would have been no issue in the first place.

The customer is not always right, and if you are rude to me for no reason, then i can give a fuck less what you think. I used to have people tell me they loved what i did with my store on a daily basis, because i had a knowledgable and very helpful staff. No one ever waited for 20 minutes in my store to get rung out. I refused to allow that crap. I tracked down parts left and right, even called other parts stores, even competitors. I know what people think of chain parts stores and i wanted to provide the exact opposite. My store opened doing about $2k in sales a day, after 6 months it was nearly tripled. And most all of my customers were repeat customers and commercial relationships we had built.

I left to pursue a better job, but shit like that still offends me, because our company was the opposite of that. I have a lot of respect for the way Advance treats its employees and operates. I can tell you this, it ain't no fucking autozone.... and thats for damn sure.
                      No worries, I'm not actually back, I'm just reminiscing about the old days.

ForSure Motorsports
                      Win or Lose, We Booze.

Vice President of Internal Affairs at Dirty Donny's House of Hookers

Comment

I mean sucks the part went bad but I wouldn't have given you your money back for a part that u were still using. That's like Charlie sheen bitchin to his coke dealer saying it didn't get him high and wants his money back but snorted it all already.

I have lots of issue with my local bit listening to me when I order parts like , pads for my dads 99 f250 LIGHT DUTY. Then they get me Chevy pads then super duty pads then the right ones. I didn't ask for time wasted though. Who gives a Fuck what would you have done on saturday? Played with yourself and talk to Ur buddies.
                        Dizz dizz go sleep sleep

Driver 4677 FSM vehicle

Comment

Originally posted by JeepBabiiXJ View Post
                          The customer is not always right, and if you are rude to me for no reason, then i can give a fuck less what you think. I used to have people tell me they loved what i did with my store on a daily basis, because i had a knowledgable and very helpful staff. No one ever waited for 20 minutes in my store to get rung out. I refused to allow that crap. I tracked down parts left and right, even called other parts stores, even competitors. I know what people think of chain parts stores and i wanted to provide the exact opposite. My store opened doing about $2k in sales a day, after 6 months it was nearly tripled. And most all of my customers were repeat customers and commercial relationships we had built.
                          You owned an Advanced store? That seems like a pretty sweet gig, why would you leave? You must have had pretty good management skills to triple sales in a short amount of time

Comment

Originally posted by JeepBabiiXJ View Post
                            i remember those crappy things. they're grade 5.

I used to love when customers would tell me to re-imburse them for their time that i wasted. Basically if you have a receipt from a mechanic that installed a defective part only to need a new one and still charged you....... that's the only time, EVER. and even then it would have to go through corporate.

I had a customer get extremely angry over this one day, making a scene in the store. I simply told him i was sorry but i could not do anything for wasting his saturday by selling him an alternator, that i built, BTW......

I also gave him a corporate phone number and told him to find a lawyer to lay down a civil lawsuit for one saturday afternoon I did not give him a discount, nor even be polite with the man, because he couldn't seem to show me some respect..... The guy that tracked down the part on a saturday, on my lunch break, drove to east haven to pick it up, only to be called an idiot.

That was the point where i told him he was the idiot and that the job should only take an hour maximum and not all day on a saturday. I then told him that if wasn't such a cheap bastard and bought a new one instead of a reman one for $30 more, there would have been no issue in the first place.

I left to pursue a better job, but shit like that still offends me, because our company was the opposite of that. I have a lot of respect for the way Advance treats its employees and operates. I can tell you this, it ain't no fucking autozone.... and thats for damn sure.
                            - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
                            or am asians pants not a read end lol.
                            Originally posted by DizzDizz
                            aliens probed my husband

Comment

Why would you ever think they were grade 8?

I've used those u-bolts in a pinch they work just don't over tighten them, you don't want to stretch the bolts with the threads let them stretch out on there own then retighten.

I don't think twice about reusing u-bolts these aren't on a 20,000lbs truck.

and you can go to any spring shop and get custom ones bent any length bolt size any tube size in a couple hours. well if they are open not sundays.

You will never get reimburse for labor, defective parts are all to common welcome to the world of a mechanic.

Info to return stuff is normal.
                              Most places require you to return your money back on the card you bought it from, companies get charged a % for you using a CC so putting it back on that card doesn't cost them money when you return a product.

Sucks but that's the way it is.
                              RCrocs #123 Brown CJ-5
                              www.offroadcustomcreations.com

Sponsors:
                              Corbeau, Tom Wood, PSC, Polyperformance, Inner Air Lock, Miller Welds, Heavymetal Concepts

Comment

Working...
                              X