Holiday Commercials...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holiday Commercials...

...have got to be some of the worst ads i've seen.

do people really believe that buying someone a lexus is a sensible gift? or that this stupid song they have in the ads is going to make someone realize 'OH MY GOD THERE'S A BRAND NEW LEXUS IN MY DRIVEWAY!'

example:
    BORKED

also, the jewelry commercials. let's be real here. nobody goes out and lays in the snow and thinks 'HEY! this is the perfect opportunity to give her some bling.'

BORKED

or, who's up for a round of ice hockey where you can potentially find the love of your life in a little skating 'accident'?

BORKED

another favorite of mine, from last year.

let's get a trendy, hip band to reinvent christmas music. i'm sure you will want to buy a new hyundai right after, right?

BORKED

if you didn't buy a hyundai last year, they are really trying to get you to buy one this holiday season:

BORKED

check out eBay being witty:

BORKED

and this was already posted, but just in case you don't hate the black friday/holiday shopping crowds enough, now you can have rebecca black stuck in your head while you push your way to the lines:

BORKED

please, add your favorites...i know there are more out there.
    mrs. heavymetal from jeepforum
    2022 JL Rubicon

Originally posted by hoggie101
    and everyone qute dis because its the best grammer im going to have all year

IMO a lot of advertising has abandoned the concept of cleverness, and has instead decided the "short annoying stick in your head" idea is more worth it.

i dont know the numbers behind it, but its sad either way. every commercial above is horrible, and designed to make you hear an annoying song, or rendition of a song, over and over and over, until you instantly recognize the commercial cuz of the sound.

the "i think im fallin" song one above is one of my least favorite commercials on TV...it is played non stop, same sound byte everytime. and i didnt even remember it was a zales commercial until this thread, but i could sure tell you the dumbass annoying song and concept

i love (am addicted to) smart, clever, or emotive advertising. this kind of shit is the worst, and is pure mindless crap. the ebay one tried to be funny but pushed the "annoying level" way far beyond
    - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
    or am asians pants not a read end lol.
    Originally posted by DizzDizz
    aliens probed my husband

Comment

Originally posted by Lawn Guyland View Post

and this was already posted, but just in case you don't hate the black friday/holiday shopping crowds enough, now you can have rebecca black stuck in your head while you push your way to the lines:

BORKED
      You know they waited ALL YEAR to air that once that stupid song came out
      P8R

2012 Honda Accord - For DD/MPG Porpoises - Cooper Tire: Count on Cooper
      2014 Granite Crystal WK2 Limited - Nitto Tire: Fueled by Enthusiasts

Poontang Pro 300EX 42" - For lawn porpoises
      OG KOT #4736 Semper Sky Rock Racing/Standardbred Racing Designs 15.5 HP Turbo-Cool Craftsman, 6 Spd w/ crawl box, fat turf treads, Custom paint, and a red onzie

Comment

Originally posted by HeavyMetal View Post
        IMO a lot of advertising has abandoned the concept of cleverness, and has instead decided the "short annoying stick in your head" idea is more worth it.

i dont know the numbers behind it, but its sad either way. every commercial above is horrible, and designed to make you hear an annoying song, or rendition of a song, over and over and over, until you instantly recognize the commercial cuz of the sound.

the "i think im fallin" song one above is one of my least favorite commercials on TV...it is played non stop, same sound byte everytime. and i didnt even remember it was a zales commercial until this thread, but i could sure tell you the dumbass annoying song and concept

i love (am addicted to) smart, clever, or emotive advertising. this kind of shit is the worst
        Gibbs has spoken.
        2000 XJ: "The Black Jeep"
        MK2 Jetta > M3
        Chairman of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

Originally posted by SwampAss View Post
          Gibbs has spoken.
          you got it, Abbs
          - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
          or am asians pants not a read end lol.
          Originally posted by DizzDizz
          aliens probed my husband

Comment

Better than being smacked upside the head every five seconds.
            2000 XJ: "The Black Jeep"
            MK2 Jetta > M3
            Chairman of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

oh man, how could i forget this one. i know will feels my pain on these...

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BzJ_4qAO6e8[/ame]
              mrs. heavymetal from jeepforum
              2022 JL Rubicon

Originally posted by hoggie101
              and everyone qute dis because its the best grammer im going to have all year

Comment

Working...
              X