SHTF Ammo & Gun Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SHTF Ammo & Gun Thread

I'd like to start a discussion on what your idea of "ready" is.
    What I'm referring to is how able are you to defend yourself in case of a "shit hitting the fan" type of scenario. Everyone will have their opinion of what the worse case scenario will be, zombie apocalypse, large natural disaster, or a complete breakdown of the government of sorts, but that isn't exactly what I'm asking.

A couple months ago a "hurricane" (tropical storm actually) rolled through the Northeast and reaped all sorts of havoc. With no power, blocked roads, shelves empty of food, stations out of fuel it looked like people were a meal away from turning into savages, breaking into others homes and taking what wasn't theirs just to survive. Luckily the roads were cleared and the power lines were fixed and CT returned to it's normal state. What if an actual storm hit the Northeast, something that actually was considered a hurricane?

So my question to you is what weapons do you possess or intend to possess and how much ammunition do you keep on hand to survive the potential end of humanity?

1 Remmington 870
    1 Benelli nova
    1 sawed off shot gun - no name
    1 J.C Higgins double barrel
    1 Walther g22 w/ scope
    I would saw I have around 500 rounds for the shot gun of various sizes and load. Also have the equipment to reload. The Walther I have no idea, I would guess somewhere around 1500 rounds.
    Enough knives/and other various swords and sharp objects to equip a small army, Plus I have a chainsaw around here somewhere.

Who wouldnt love to kill zombies with a chain saw?

Comment

potato gun
      Originally posted by Ktmracer419
      some people choose video games
      some choose projects
      some choose welding random things together

Comment

im gonna hang out in your basement, drink your beer, play your grand theft auto, and let you fend off the zombies
        www.eatsleepexp.wordpress.com

Comment

OPSEC prevents me from disclosing such information to the public.

Besides, those who know...there is The Plan.
          Last edited by Buffalo Phil; 11-23-2011, 12:34 PM.
          sigpic
          Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

Anything I can swing...
            Is it egg nog season yet?

Comment

Working...
            X