Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Crew of MV Iceberg 1, Abandoned by her Owners, Tortured by Somali Terrorists

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Crew of MV Iceberg 1, Abandoned by her Owners, Tortured by Somali Terrorists

The MV Iceberg 1 is a Panama-flagged Roll on-Roll off ship that was attacked and overrun by pirates on 29 March 2010. Since that time, the crew has been left to rot in a Somali hell-hole by the owners of the vessel, Azal Shipping and Cargo, who have since gone out of business. At least one of the crew has already committed suicide.

Whole story:
    http://gcaptain.com/crew-iceberg-abandoned-owners

This is not at all uncommon but this is the worst story yet. I doubt the American Press is covering it. I don't understand how this isn't a front on our "War on Terror". Its sad but you hear stories like this all the time. Every once in a while you get a good one like how the crew or usually the Navy (typically Pakistans Navy...yeah) kills these pirates or, my personal favorite, the Chief Engineer that hid behind a support and popped one of them with a pipe wrench.

Two days ago another ship got hit off Nigeria (Africa). Not sure how that one turned out
    I don't always drink orange juice, but when I do, I prefer to chew it. #madpulp

We need to nuke Somalia off the Map.
    sigpic
    Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo Phil View Post
      no we dont we just need to naplam the shit out of it every one knows that chicken is better slow grilled then nuked in a microwave
      2000 xj 4.5 clayton longarms with wontons with a touch of
      97' zj
      2012 surbra imperza DD
      im a motivation machine like the hammer and sickle in communism

Comment

LOL wut.
        sigpic

Comment

I was gonna ask why the UN doesn't do anything about this, but then I found the answer. This article was only from a few days ago, so all this stuff might make the news if the UN starts doing stuff about it in the near future.

http://www.un.org/apps/news/story.as...Cr=somali&Cr1=

Comment

When we go through the pirate zones, we send position reports to the French Navy since we're contracted by Gas de France / Suez. I've been through all of the major pirate areas a few times and have never seen a navy ship in the area and we never picked one up on radar that didn't belong to Pakistan
            I don't always drink orange juice, but when I do, I prefer to chew it. #madpulp

Comment

Sounds about right.
              sigpic

Comment

Jon you guys are allowed to carry weapons aka guns correct???
                No worries, I'm not actually back, I'm just reminiscing about the old days.

ForSure Motorsports
                Win or Lose, We Booze.

Vice President of Internal Affairs at Dirty Donny's House of Hookers

Comment

Damn dude.
                  2000 XJ: "The Black Jeep"
                  MK2 Jetta > M3
                  Chairman of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo Phil View Post
                    An we send jersey shore to Somalia then maybe they would nuke themselves
                    -98 XJ 4.5" lift , 35's, trimmed, locked, geared, flexy
                    -14 Subaru STI hatch Stage 2ish
                    -54 Dodge Power wagon M-37
                    -57 GMC Pickup
                    -Tim (OIIIIIO)

Comment

Originally posted by JeepBabiiXJ View Post
                      Jon you guys are allowed to carry weapons aka guns correct???
                      im pretty sure thats a no.

Comment

confirmed a no.

they have a high pressure water hose, thats it
                        - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
                        or am asians pants not a read end lol.
                        Originally posted by DizzDizz
                        aliens probed my husband

Comment

don't understand why though. It's international waters. And its self protection from pirates.

ForSure Motorsports
                          Win or Lose, We Booze.

Comment

Originally posted by JeepBabiiXJ View Post
                            don't understand why though. It's international waters. And its self protection from pirates.
                            Not an American Company, don't have the resources to train the crew to use weapons for liability reasons etc I'm sure.
                            sigpic

Comment

training..... point it at the bad guy. pull the lever right there.

ForSure Motorsports
                              Win or Lose, We Booze.

Comment

Working...
                              X