• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HHO?

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3V6SJWfJBl8[/ame]

Discuss
    Originally posted by HitItWithSomeSpeed
    didnt this thread start with Jon being gay? what happened to that?
    Originally posted by Lawn Guyland
    he's still gay we've just moved on to more important issues
    Originally posted by Zullius Caesar
    i grab dude's junk all the time, doesn't make me gay.

concpiracy theory time!

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/h0dhwlhTs9M" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

the process is pretty simple. i made a small fuel cell in my garage in the spring intending to put it in my jeep to make a hho/gas hybrid.. theres a handful of people hwo have done it and got awesome results
    Last edited by lilnapsak; 11-02-2011, 09:05 PM.

Comment

Water cars caused 911.

But fo serious, the whole deal is pretty shady with how many of these alternative-fuel vehicles either get snuffed mid-production or are blacklisted in such a manner as to be useless.
      2000 XJ: "The Black Jeep"
      MK2 Jetta > M3
      Chairman of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

i cant see the videos but im assuming you guys are talking about getting hydrogen outa water? been there done that. dosent do shit really.

but you can make one hell of a bomb if ya collect the hydrogen.
        Originally posted by Ktmracer419
        some people choose video games
        some choose projects
        some choose welding random things together

Comment

Electrolysis, chemistry 101. using an electric charge to seperate the hydrogen and oxygen is simple, hell anyone could do it with a car battery and about 10 bucks worth the stuff from Home Depot.

The fusion reaction that produces water from its base elements though is quite active. In fact liquid fuel rockets just like the Saturn V ("Apollo") use this reaction as their main source of thrust. The liquid fuel is liquid oxygen and it combines with hydrogen, synthesis reaction, lots of heat, squeezed through little opening, lots of pressure yadadada.

Which is what makes that cutting torch pretty cool. It's basically a little mini rocket engine that you can hold and melt things with. Like the video said, it's goal was to replace the use of acetylene, which would be a good possibility and quite a cool invention.

As for the cars, people have talked about that idea for a long time now. It's very efficient too because you start with water, seperate it through electrolysis, recombine it which "produces" energy, and then the exhaust is water so it can be captured and repeated so on and so forth.

There are a couple things that i have questions about though. The Law of Conservation of Energy. Energy, like mass, cannot be created or destroyed. It can be broken down, dispersed, etc. but it cannot dissapear. Therefore you would need an equal amount of energy(electricity) for electrolysis of liquid water to hydrogen and oxygen gas and in turn when combined they could only exert so much energy. The car would need a massive electrical supply. Either batteries similar to an electric car or some kind of generator/alternator built around the motor.

It's a very very very cool premise though, i would like too see how far it can go.

Also what is HHO?? their "lingo" is flawed. Fusion Reaction like that in rockets produce H2O2 or hydrogen peroxide. HHO is the same thing as H20, just written incorrectly.
          No worries, I'm not actually back, I'm just reminiscing about the old days.

ForSure Motorsports
          Win or Lose, We Booze.

Vice President of Internal Affairs at Dirty Donny's House of Hookers

Comment

I want my waggy to run on dihydrogen monoxide...
            sigpic
            Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo Phil View Post
              I want my waggy to run on dihydrogen monoxide...
              lulz

Comment

Originally posted by JeepBabiiXJ View Post
                There are a couple things that i have questions about though. The Law of Conservation of Energy. Energy, like mass, cannot be created or destroyed. It can be broken down, dispersed, etc. but it cannot dissapear.

ding ding ding!

i tried working with my professor on this once. he laughed in my face lololol.

i didnt know he was one of the head engineers that worked on the ev1 project..... gm fired him, and told him not to speak of it.
                now thats a good cover up that would blow your minds
                Originally posted by Ktmracer419
                some people choose video games
                some choose projects
                some choose welding random things together

Comment

Originally posted by justtorchit View Post
                  i didnt know he was one of the head engineers that worked on the ev1 project..... gm fired him, and told him not to speak of it.
                  now thats a good cover up that would blow your minds
                  That's one hell of an interesting story if you read up on it.
                  2000 XJ: "The Black Jeep"
                  MK2 Jetta > M3
                  Chairman of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

Originally posted by justtorchit View Post
                    ding ding ding!

i tried working with my professor on this once. he laughed in my face
                    But what if you added something to mix......

That torch will work and does work, because the energy is being released through the tip and transfering to another object.

BUT.... lets say you add a small radioactive/nuclear core.

Change the water for the core every couple months, but a very small nuclear fuel rod could provide enough energy for a single vehicle for hundreds of thousands of miles.

Only downside is cost, risk, disposal, environmental, etc etc etc

basically turd for consumer vehicle use....

But for space flight, now we're talking......

And then time travel, don't even get me started.

ForSure Motorsports
                    Win or Lose, We Booze.

Comment

Originally posted by JeepBabiiXJ View Post
                      But what if you added something to mix......

BUT.... lets say you add a small radioactive/nuclear core.

Change the water for the core every couple months, but a very small nuclear fuel rod could provide enough energy for a single vehicle for hundreds of thousands of miles.

Only downside is cost, risk, disposal, environmental, etc etc etc
                      Now you're talking steam so you need a turbine for one, a way to recover the water (condenser) at atmospheric pressure unless you pull vacuum on it, plus since the water in direct contact with a nuclear fuel rod (3-5% weapons grade U235) its radioactive waste. You need a way to control fission and after all that you're still looking at under 40% efficiency for some of the highest efficiency steam plants. Oh you have to renew the fuel every 18ish months.
                      I don't always drink orange juice, but when I do, I prefer to chew it. #madpulp

Comment

well there you go. completely not worth it. I know very little about nuclear power other than theory.

ForSure Motorsports
                        Win or Lose, We Booze.

Comment

Working...
                        X