Trick or treaters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trick or treaters

I try to figure this out every year and I have a hard time accepting that its just every parent is "over protective"

but when i went out as a kid there was always crowds of kids walking around my neighborhood, and every house did the candy thing...i mean im not THAT old, it wasnt that long ago, im only 25. i know im not looking through rose colored glasses. my neighborhood has a LOT of kids in it

Why do we get maybe 2-3 kids over the course of Halloween trick or treating? It's crazy how much the change is.
    - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
    or am asians pants not a read end lol.
    Originally posted by DizzDizz
    aliens probed my husband

Few years ago one of the parents got Lost on my old street and Im not sure if everyone here knows, but my street was a dead end cul-de-sac. He got fucking LOST. He came to our house twice and was like "Wait, I was here already". It's a circle, dumbass.

No idea what the turnout tonight is going to be like. There are a bunch of young kids in this direct neighborhood, the cold might keep them indoors...

But hey, if no one shows up, more candy for me.

I've also noticed the significant lack of enthusiasm when kids say Trick or Treat...some don't even say it. I should demand it this year or they get snow and grass in their pillow cases.
    Last edited by Buffalo Phil; 10-31-2011, 11:52 AM.
    sigpic
    Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

i used to go out twice on halloween....and we hit up as many houses as possible. i did use to live in a pretty residential area where there were lots of kids and houses....
      mrs. heavymetal from jeepforum
      2022 JL Rubicon

Originally posted by hoggie101
      and everyone qute dis because its the best grammer im going to have all year

Comment

I just went to CVS and purchased a metric shit ton of candy. I'm already starting to eat it....
        sigpic

Comment

i always went out with friends back home and got as many candy as possible. and with the houses that gave out full size i would go back with other costumes

Comment

My town is still the same as it always has been. My in-laws live right outside town and generally run out of the costco bags they buy.

They did send out a notice saying due the amount of lines/trees down and lack of power that there is no trick or treating tonight

Comment

A lot of kids don't do their neighborhoods anymore because the candy-to-walking ratio is low. Most people go to either those developments or condo complexes

Comment

i feel like a lot of schools do the 'safe halloween' thing now too
                mrs. heavymetal from jeepforum
                2022 JL Rubicon

Originally posted by hoggie101
                and everyone qute dis because its the best grammer im going to have all year

Comment

Lamers.
                  sigpic

Comment

We aren't taking the kids this year. No one has power up here and no street lights.

Comment

You know what else gets me is kids being driven around thus is why our nation is fat. Plus it takes the fun out of it.
                      Dizz dizz go sleep sleep

Driver 4677 FSM vehicle

Comment

I used to go to a different neighborhood than mine when i was little cause there are so many people on my block that just don't answer their doors. The "richer" neighborhoods and developments were always better. I've been home about an hour now and only got 4 small groups of trick or treaters so it's a good thing I bought Reeses.

Also, a few kids came up in jeans and hoodies so I decided to give them a hard time about their costumes. They told me they were burglars. Kids these days

Comment

No one is out right now...
                          sigpic

Comment

Iget no one. Everyone is afraid of my driveway.
                            2000 XJ: "The Black Jeep"
                            MK2 Jetta > M3
                            Chairman of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

Your driveway would make for a sweet haunted house type walk up to get candy and then you can push everyone down the hill.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X